Legend CAMs. Is Hagi still the daddy?

Solomace
460 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi peeps,

So I've always thought Hagi was the best legend CAM since legends came out (not including Gullit), however I know a lot of people swear by Rui Costa who I've never liked and usually plays pants for me.

I've not tried any this year, but I have 900k to splurge and hopefully the market will be a little bit more forgiving tomorrow so was wondering who to get -

Hagi
Costa
Deco + Figo

My friend tells me to stop going down the legend route and start buying better players and suggested -

Neuer+Boateng+Aub and then fill the team in with other class players but no legend.

Messi and build as strong team around him. (As ST)

Bale and build a strong team around him (As ST).

I'm really not sure what to do and ask my fellow players what is the best shout.

I love my legends and just sold Bergy as he was great but it still seemed like 900k was too much for one player at this time for me. 700k on a legend and 200k to spend on building a team, sounds better.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Peeps.

Comments

• Andybelfast
    10935 posts Has That Special Something
    You misssed the best CAM out jari "GOAT" litmanen :)
  • bad pack luck
    2827 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't forget Stoichkov.
  • ethnick
    5852 posts Big Money Move
    Don't forget Stoichkov.

• Bowden92
    6072 posts Big Money Move
    I use Rui in all my teams since I got him as my first legend on 17 last week, I've yet to use a player like him this year, ball control and dribbling, LT and RT dribbling, just general presence on the pitch, he has alot going for him, all except finishing which Hagi has and I haven't tried Hagi this year ! Rui in unreal, but it would be nice to have Hagis finishing, however Hagi is small and weak
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11571 posts Has That Special Something
    Hagi doesn't have the 5* weak foot anymore and with strength being more important I don't think he is nearly as good as previous years. Would rather have Rui or Stoich or Suker
  • Solomace
    You misssed the best CAM out jari "GOAT" litmanen :)

Opps, as a Liverpool fan, how did I forget him :blush:

My first legend last year and I loved him.
    Don't forget Stoichkov.

Loved him last too last year. Was one of my favourite strikers and I ending Fifa with him up front.

Never tried him as a CAM but funny enough a friend was talking about him as a CAM and I kinda dismissed him. He that good as a CAM.

Could get him for 650k tomorrow and then spend the rest on some good players?
  • Raf89
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Just sold Hagi as I used him for this WL... finishing is great but found him a bit to weak to play as my CAM. He is really great when he has the space, but with al those low pressure and ptb fun it's often hard to give him the needed space. Would rather buy a more physical CAM.
  • Solomace
    Hagi doesn't have the 5* weak foot anymore and with strength being more important I don't think he is nearly as good as previous years. Would rather have Rui or Stoich or Suker

Ahh, good point. I understand and agree. Forgot about ole Davo... I spent more money in FIFA 15 buying position changes for Suker, as he played ST, CAM and CM for as long as I had him. He was Mr Versatile and was excellent at it. Would be a great cheaper option and building a team around him.
  • Solomace
    Raf89 wrote: »
    Just sold Hagi as I used him for this WL... finishing is great but found him a bit to weak to play as my CAM. He is really great when he has the space, but with al those low pressure and ptb fun it's often hard to give him the needed space. Would rather buy a more physical CAM.

Cheers m8.

I think that rules out Hagi then :(

Ahh well, there's always Fifa 18 when I can choose between Hagi , Zico or Rivaldo with John Barnes on the LM and Ian Rush up front :wink:
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11571 posts Has That Special Something
    Solomace wrote: »

Ahh, good point. I understand and agree. Forgot about ole Davo... I spent more money in FIFA 15 buying position changes for Suker, as he played ST, CAM and CM for as long as I had him. He was Mr Versatile and was excellent at it. Would be a great cheaper option and building a team around him.

Suker doesn't get much love for whatever reason but IMO he's easily the best value legend and it's not even remotely close. Very similar player to Suarez and like you said can play anywhere from striker to cm
  • Hibee
    12027 posts Has That Special Something
    Zola is my favourite CAM legend. Iv tried Hagi, Deco, Suker and Laudrup as well but just keep going back to Zola. Just seems to glide past players and has a great shot as well. I also have Deco in my 2nd team but Zola the tops for me.
  • MNnative
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just get pogba best cam I've used all year
  • Ki I 18 I
    1746 posts Play-Off Hero
    No longer has his 5*WF which didn't make him as lethal as he was for me. I'm still holding mine but certainly looking to change.
  • Diggy
    13628 posts Has That Special Something
    They took Hagi's 5th star away that's what made them equal in years past
  • Solomace
    Ki I 18 I wrote: »
    No longer has his 5*WF which didn't make him as lethal as he was for me. I'm still holding mine but certainly looking to change.
    Diggy wrote: »
    They took Hagi's 5th star away that's what made them equal in years past

Yea, I'm guessing he's not going to be the guy for me.

Cheers chaps.
  • Solomace
    MNnative wrote: »
    Just get pogba best cam I've used all year

Plays for Man U. Cannot do it.

I know it's weird in fifa not picking a player because you cannot stand the team and its cutting my nose to spite my face etc, but I cannot help it. I love Ibra too, but he's a no no this year because of joining the team I hate just as much as Dirty Leeds!
  • Solomace
    Hibee wrote: »
    Zola is my favourite CAM legend. Iv tried Hagi, Deco, Suker and Laudrup as well but just keep going back to Zola. Just seems to glide past players and has a great shot as well. I also have Deco in my 2nd team but Zola the tops for me.

I've loved Zola as a player and I wonder if he's just like playing with Zico on the Classic 11 who is my favourite CAM of all time on this game.

Might have to see.

Cheers bud.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    Legends are the 'better players'...
  • Hibee
    12027 posts Has That Special Something
    Solomace wrote: »
    Hibee wrote: »

I've loved Zola as a player and I wonder if he's just like playing with Zico on the Classic 11 who is my favourite CAM of all time on this game.

Might have to see.

Cheers bud.

Hopefully works out mate. And I cannot wait for a Zico legend card. Loved watching him when I was a wee lad.