Fix The Penalty Arrow For ****s Sake

THJ71
747 posts Semi-Pro
Why are the not so wonderful EA dev 'team' not fixing the penalty arrow that only shows now and again since the last parch.

It is impossible to take penalties. Even with power the ball either trickles along the ground or flies into the top corner. It's just random

The game is becoming more and more a broken mess

Comments

• Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    No, you're just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ at penalties. For online play there should be no arrow.
  • Alergi
    1181 posts Professional
    edited November 2016
    Fletch wrote: »
    No, you're just **** at penalties. For online play there should be no arrow.

I agree there shouldn't be any arrows for online, but when you don't get the arrow but your opponent does it is an unfair advantage, am I right?
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    Alergi wrote: »

I agree there shouldn't be any arrows for online, but when you don't get the arrow but your opponent does it is an unfair advantage, am I right?

Only unfair if you are too lazy to practice them.
  • RadioShaq
    15985 posts Moderator
    Yeah the glitch is it shows up. Hopefully they fix it so nobody gets an arrow.
  • Gripbrah
    530 posts An Exciting Prospect
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    Yeah the glitch is it shows up. Hopefully they fix it so nobody gets an arrow.

• SystematicChaos
    400 posts Sunday League Hero

Be helpful if u can or gtfo.
  • KyleHamilton
    89 posts Park Captain

• hields
    165 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Learn to use it with out it only advise I would give try some time with the skill game it helped me
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up

• THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2016
    Fletch. Just the type of response I expected from you as you are so brilliant at this game. Do one EA/FIFA fanboy

Read what I put. You can have the same power and it either trickles or goes into the top corner or wherever you are placing it. For the record I have around a 90-95% penalty success

I hate the arrow but it was put there this year, but since the patch it's ****ed

It disappears, then it comes back, then it disappears.

They either remove it or fix it
  • Alford1995
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    pens are easy think ive scored everyone since i had game, i was in WL other day in a shootout though & the arrow came on & it makes it 10x harder to do! remove the arrow from the game it confuses me!
  • Alford1995
    3668 posts National Call-Up
    hields wrote: »
    Learn to use it with out it only advise I would give try some time with the skill game it helped me

this, i learnt how to take them by doing the journey
  • JCPLAYS
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like the arrow
  • Crowie
    1378 posts Professional

You can't see if your opponent has arrow or not.
  • sausage4k
    61 posts Park Captain
    The only time I've ever had an arrow was when doing the basic skill game. I've never seen one since.
  • miri
    2770 posts Fans' Favourite
    It disappears when you put your console on standby afaik. So if you take a break turn the console completely off and it should be there when you reboot the game. Works for me anyway.
  • Afhald
    531 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Of course it is unfair when your opponent has the arrow and you don't have, i'm almost sure my opponent has it when he scores every penalty by aiming the top corner easily, yes he could be good but without the arrow it is not very easy to keep shot by that way, something like in the real life.

However i noticed that i'm more confident when the arrow doesn't show in my games because at least there's a little of rng in my shots and i score with a better %, with the arrow yes i never shot outside or on the bar but i failed more penalties than without arrow. :dizzy:
  • Alergi
    1181 posts Professional
    Crowie wrote: »

You can't see if your opponent has arrow or not.

I message my opponents and ask them,
    And of course they have the arrow. There's even been times I had the arrow and my opponent messaged me asking the same question.. I'm good at pens, win most of them, just remove it from fut champs all together..
  • Foolish
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Only unfair if you are too lazy to practice them.

That's not how fairness works mate
  • so wait, the arrow is not supposed to show during online seasons game? I'm asking because it doesn't work for me even if I press up arrow to show it. So it was actually develop like that for online play, to be always off?
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Whether it should be there or not, the penalty arrow was there before the patch all the time, but after the patch it shows when it feels like it

I don't give a crap about the arrow, I hate it. I missed two penalties last night with what I always do with the same amount of power, only for it to trickle towards the keeper to pick up

I have taken enough penalties to know how long to hold the shoot button down for and all I am getting is what I want...penalty scored with my usual placement and power, or the trickle to the keeper

I have had this in every online mode
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    THJ71 wrote: »
    Whether it should be there or not, the penalty arrow was there before the patch all the time, but after the patch it shows when it feels like it

I don't give a crap about the arrow, I hate it. I missed two penalties last night with what I always do with the same amount of power, only for it to trickle towards the keeper to pick up

I have taken enough penalties to know how long to hold the shoot button down for and all I am getting is what I want...penalty scored with my usual placement and power, or the trickle to the keeper

I have had this in every online mode

Not true, this glitch has been in the game from the start, you must have been lucky not to get it before.