So i've tried all BPL Goalkeepers - Except Courtois!

NickoSkyhoej
1285 posts Professional
Is he any good? I'm running with IF Lloris right now, he's great usually, although he has his bad times as well.

Comments

• Bevan
    1753 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cech is real good, surprised you think Lloris is better.
  • Just get Butland or Karius, footballing/keepering gods according to EA
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Bevan wrote: »

I did have Cech, and he was so inconsistent for me. Although every single time i meet him, he usually wins the game for my opponent.
    Just get Butland or Karius, footballing/keepering gods according to EA

I was thinking of just getting Butland, but Courtois looks good so i thought i'd see if people like him first.
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Karius > Lloris / Cech for me
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    ScarUK wrote: »
    Karius > Lloris / Cech for me

Karius is really good, i've got him on the bench already actually.
  • eLTmaNN-ciTy
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    every 80+ gk is fine... better reinforce the ppl u actually control than ur ai gk that is scripted anyways...
  • Aspral
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Butland. Just get him. Every time I play against him he saves everything from every angle no matter what.

• Kartal
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I had him, he's definitely better than Butland. Any 80+ GK should be fine. Yet I must say that Mandanda sucks. He barely catches a ball and usually rebounds everything.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    I'll have to wait with Butland for now, as it's for the WL and the one nationality i'm missing is from the goalkeeper and i already have some English players, so Karius or Courtois it will be.
    Kartal wrote: »
    I had him, he's definitely better than Butland. Any 80+ GK should be fine. Yet I must say that Mandanda sucks. He barely catches a ball and usually rebounds everything.

Great to hear that he seems better than Butland, the tendency for good keepers tends to be in their height as well, of course good stats matter but height seems even more important.

But as people say, i'll build the rest of the team before i invest in the goalkeeper to see if i actually have enough for him.

Cheers everyone.
  • senaffc
    1155 posts Professional
    Every keeper in game will conceed goals sometimes, Lloris and Cech are walls
  • FooDog
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I like Mandanda
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    senaffc wrote: »
    Every keeper in game will conceed goals sometimes, Lloris and Cech are walls

Yes of course, but some have a big tendency to make mistakes that results in goals, other than just letting in good shots.
  • Begovic? I use him and hes pretty solid
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    JMAN041992 wrote: »
    Begovic? I use him and hes pretty solid

How many games have you had him for? I found him to be good, but he did often make some really depressing mistakes that lead to goals.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2016
    Take out sturridge and use butland. It was it is.
  • bberger
    5170 posts Big Money Move
    Nogin182 wrote: »
    Take out sturridge and use butland. It was it is.

And add Musa/Remy up top. They're better anyways
  • maps212
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016
    Courtois was awesome for me played around 80 games with him. However dont buy him until the Hazard SBC is done. he was around 45-50k before the SBC he is 90K now on XBOX one
  • Cantonas Collar
    1583 posts Play-Off Hero
    Butland and Begovic are always nightmares to play against. I've used Butland quite a bit and he's solid.

Didn't like Lloris because he was constantly parrying the ball to the opposition for taps ins. De Gea and Cech are also solid.

• Martythedoc
    2512 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bevan wrote: »

I did have Cech, and he was so inconsistent for me. Although every single time i meet him, he usually wins the game for my opponent.
    Just get Butland or Karius, footballing/keepering gods according to EA

I was thinking of just getting Butland, but Courtois looks good so i thought i'd see if people like him first.

Get Butland, I wasn't a believer then I bought him. I am converted
  • slickus
    2763 posts Fans' Favourite
    Only ever used de gea
    Packed him early so well chuffed
    Saved me loads of goals but as with every gk he has his wobbles
    Would you rate your lloris above him?
  • BigRom5
    237 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kartal wrote: »

Amen to this. Not bpl, but handmanovic and oblak are the ones who I feel justify there rating.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    slickus wrote: »
    Only ever used de gea
    Packed him early so well chuffed
    Saved me loads of goals but as with every gk he has his wobbles
    Would you rate your lloris above him?

De Gea seems to make a lot of mistakes for me, but he's basically on par with Lloris, they're both pretty damn good, but there's always that costly mistake that comes in pretty often.