The Sport Discussion Lounge (R.I.P. In Peace)

Comments

• Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    thought stamina was gonna give in up the hill
  • TC
    10283 posts Has That Special Something
    That's a grade 3 at best, beat a load of gatg **** and handicappers.
  • Cruz
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    Let's see what this Harry thing is all about then
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    TC wrote: »

Your one of the more negative Horse racing fans
  • TC
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

I'm not someone who thinks isn't that brilliant, wasn't that great, oh my god that was unbelievable wasn't it? Aso a handicapper in third tells you it was pure **** and the winners tieing up at the end.
  • Lard_Lad
    Lard_Lad wrote: »

I'm not someone who thinks isn't that brilliant, wasn't that great, oh my god that was unbelievable wasn't it? Aso a handicapper in third tells you it was pure **** and the winners tieing up at the end.

Fair enough, is ain't bothered either way, it won for me so I'm happy with that.
  • Karlos
    24318 posts Club Captain
    Just waiting on Cue Card tomorrow to make up for this terrible week.
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    So we all on Harry for te next?!
  • TC
    Shaneshill a massive price but this week is turning to pure **** for me
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Mon the Canyon
  • Lard_Lad
    Fucksake
  • TC
    Bean wrote: »
    Mon the Canyon

Grats, I couldn't have had him.
  • Salty P3anut
    8875 posts League Winner
    Balls
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Knew it was Ruby's day, **** lovely
  • Lard_Lad
    Changed my mind in the next as well going for Starchitecht
  • Lard_Lad
    LETS DANCE!!! Get in Ruby you beautiful Irish ****
  • ShaunCPFC
    4291 posts National Call-Up
    Who doubted Ruby :joy:

Blokes absolutely flown today that would of a been a beautiful fourfold
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    Harry ruined me big time. Had 3 winners but unfortunately went too big (hindsight is wonderful) on Harry

Percy and yorkhill winners may have recouped some of Harry but weren't that keen on Let's Dance unfortunately

Tomorrow, as always is a nightmare punting day. Cue Card pls
  • ShaunCPFC
    Pretty much levelled out today with Yorkhill on the offer and Lets Dance, just wish had gone all out on Ruby
  • ShaunCPFC
    Gold Cup Boys who do we reckon :D

• ShaunCPFC
    Looking through tomorrows and it's a toughie to pick from, Death Duty may be liked as might On The Fringes.

• Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Charli Parcs, Death duty, sizing john the only three I'm having a reasonable go at tomorrow
  • LeedsLester
    I prefer Wholestone to Death Duty tbh. Elliott's form tho is hard to ignore
  • TC
    Here we go, the big day of the week for me. I'm on DD at 16's straight win so this is the biggy.

Triumph
    Charli Parcs vibes are incredible not to pay attention to, I was toying with backing one of Joseph's as I don't think there's much between the Irish lot and his will improve for better ground a la Ivan Gorb last year but with the doubts about the fav's ground and the vibes it's impossible not to be slightly taken with Charli Parcs and considering he's 'in a different league' to Divin Bere who carried top weight to a head 2nd in the Fred Winter yesterday I think they know what they have.
    County
    No interest in the County as it's effectively a dart job. The one I liked is fav and I've no interest in something that short in that field. Wait For Me, if he can improve his jumping and Winter Escape two I'd take but it'll not be a race I'm playing in.
    Albert Bartlett
    The lad my festival revolves around this lad. I'd be slightly concerned about the ground but by god he's talented and could outclass these. The vibes, the quotes, the bullishness of Elliot and co about him, all the right things are coming out and I love him and his low head carriage. I'd not be so interested at current prices but I'm sat in a decent position regarding this lad. Although with how my week's going he'll be a head 2nd to a rag like Baden.
    Gold Cup
    Big Djakadam fan in the Gold Cup. 2nd the last two years, the first as a young 5 year old, the second coming off an interrupted prep with a fall and injury but he was still a game 2nd to the mighty Don. He'd have seen off Cue Card that day and I could not back Cue Card with stolen and money laundered cash. Utterly delusional if you think he'd have won last year but back on track... Native River the obvious worry but last year he seemed a bit out paced down the hill and the drying ground won't help his causes either but he's improved from last year. Sizing John, if he stays, will have a right chance here. Empire of Dirt did the form no good today for the Gold Cup and the other one at the finish was 20l back in 3rd last year Don Slowli so I'd be worried about that form. More of That, couldn't have him, serial underachiever. Gordon Elliot thinks Outlander won't stay the extra 2f up the hill so I'd not be too keen on him and the only other viable contender I see is Minella Rocco who I've already had for the national. He'll love this test, the hill, has obvious track form winning last year's 4 miler but I'd think Native River has improved past him now and this can be a nice warm up for Aintree hopefully. He needs to put in a safe round also as his jumping is quickly becoming a worry.
    Could not give two **** about the Foxhunters.
    Struggling with the Martin Pipe to be honest.
    Grand Annual
    The Game Changer in the last. If it doesn't rain too much this lad will love a fast run 2m chase. He was 4th in last year's Arkle after being hampered and 2nd to Douvan at Aintree last year. His runs on unsuitably soft and heavy ground are best ignored as he's purely a good ground horse. The only worry is he has absolutely no battle in him and he's soft in the head when it comes to a battle to the line so I'll be hoping Bryan can keep him swinging away all the way until the last furlong as he won't find much for pressure. But at the price he is he's worth a chance for a return to 2m, good ground and the form behind Douvan is better than most have in here.
  • LeedsLester
    That was like 1.5 years ago now or something right?
  • LeedsLester
    I'm officially wanting Wholestone to win but wouldn't mind a Death Duty win cos TC's love for him.
  • Cruz
    3155 posts National Call-Up
    Day 4

Mega Fortune

Augusta Kate

Minella Rocco - Djakadam

Wonderful Charm

Battleford