The Sport Discussion Lounge (R.I.P. In Peace)

SF9
8369 posts League Winner
edited March 2017
If anyone wants to discuss any upcoming sporting event.

Don't post anything to do with gambling on these sporting events please.
Post edited by SF9 on

Comments

• SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    edited November 2016
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    I'm raging that Plymouth lost last night, as an avid Plymouth fan
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    :D
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    Has anyone pmed Paul?
  • Lard_Lad
    12609 posts Has That Special Something
    There is a horse to watch tonight at Kempton 6:55, I believe many people on here have an interest in this horse, must tune in
  • Tom
    11371 posts Has That Special Something
    Has anyone pmed Paul?

Yep I have
  • Tom
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    There is a horse to watch tonight at Kempton 6:55, I believe many people on here have an interest in this horse, must tune in

Will that be on Racing UK or at the races good chap
  • Lard_Lad
    Tom wrote: »

Will that be on Racing UK or at the races good chap
    Racing UK, I heard a certain sponsor of Stoke City will also be streaming the race
  • Jake
    14424 posts Has That Special Something

Been supporting the horse since I was knee high to a grasshopper
  • TC
    10283 posts Has That Special Something
    Loooool.
  • SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    Has anyone pmed Paul?
    I haven't but I'm sure there's no objection on discussing sport
  • LeedsLester
    I mean regarding the banning on the thread
  • Tom
    Karlos wrote: »
    One less thread to go in #RIPTheBettingLounge

Sucks, I can kinda guess why it's been shut though(the games a 3+ & there's minors on this forum, so we can't be seen to endorse gambling). That's how I see it anyway, have PM'd Paul just asking for more reasoning.

A sad day when one of the most active lounges dies.

• SF9
    8369 posts League Winner
    Keep us updated @Tom
  • Tom
    Think a major benefactor in all this is the whole nepenthez thing(the gambling website using fifa coins)
  • Lard_Lad
    Think a major benefactor in all this is the whole nepenthez thing(the gambling website using fifa coins)

Did he ever get convicted for it
  • Tom
    Still ongoing I think
  • TC
    edited November 2016
    Don't see how we're hurting anyone, not like you can open an account unless you're 18. And if you're willing to go to the point we're you're using other people's names/details/card details etc. then it's your own compulsive gambling problem and eejoticness as opposed to the forum's fault.

That's problem with **** like this and society in general, too much molly coddling and **** to everyone with the likes of this and health and safety. If you do something stupid it's your own problem and you've got to deal with it, not blame it on others for your own faults.

It's not like we're the **** TWE/GYTO where we're posting bookie affiliate links every hour. Annoying it's been closed. Just put a disclaimer in the OP saying if you follow any of this it's your own fault, EA take no responsibility etc. for following eejits like me gambling.
  • Lard_Lad
    It just seemed a bit strange that it suddenly happened, the lounge had been going for a good few years now with no issues. I understand why but I'd have thought the lounge would have never got off the ground if it had been such an issue.
  • TC
    Ye could sense something brewing with Adam posting something about the name having to be changed.
  • LeedsLester
    edited November 2016
    You could argue threads discussing fighting and games like GTA are promoting violence, not good for a 3+ game.
  • Tom
    From my presumptions(underage on the forum, endorsing gambling, nepenthez court case with fifa coin gambling etc), I can see the logic as to why its had to be shut, but like lard said we've been going years and it's a core group of us(well, dead recently with only a handful of us posting).

Would defo like to know the genuine reasoning behind the closure. Would also like to keep this thread open as a discussion of sports(some of us do actually watch horse racing without having a flutter!)
  • Tom
    TC wrote: »
    Ye could sense something brewing with Adam posting something about the name having to be changed.

I thought that might have been to do with https://www.punterslounge.com/ but never got a reply when I questioned it
  • TC
    From my presumptions(underage on the forum, endorsing gambling, nepenthez court case with fifa coin gambling etc), I can see the logic as to why its had to be shut, but like lard said we've been going years and it's a core group of us(well, dead recently with only a handful of us posting).

Would defo like to know the genuine reasoning behind the closure. Would also like to keep this thread open as a discussion of sports(some of us do actually watch horse racing without having a flutter!)
    true
  • Bean
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    Surprised to see this happen to the most popular thread in OT, bloody shame.
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    TC wrote: »

I thought that might have been to do with https://www.punterslounge.com/ but never got a reply when I questioned it
    Nobody really knew why, we just got told it was because of a 'legal' reason. They don't really care and just wanted gambling off their forum I think.
  • Lard_Lad
    It's political correctness gone mad

There against gambling but not scamming. Maybe they need to take a long hard look in the mirror, there happy to take advantage of young impressionable kids with new cards and desperate attempts at keeping people interested in their game.
  • Karlos
    24282 posts Club Captain
    So what bets are people having tonight ?

Joke.
  • dannyboy
    12805 posts Has That Special Something
    Ducks-Islanders was quite interesting
  • bear
    6030 posts Big Money Move
    It's political correctness gone mad

There against gambling but not scamming. Maybe they need to take a long hard look in the mirror, there happy to take advantage of young impressionable kids with new cards and desperate attempts at keeping people interested in their game.

So when are the pitchforks and torches going to come out against mtg, yugioh, pokemon, topps, 2k sports and every other tcg ever created, because they all work in damn near the same way?

It makes sense for them to scrub their site of anything related to gambling, not that a forum thread would have any genuine bearing on the legal case against the youtuber, but it's just better that they separate themselves and their community from genuine gambling.