To The Terriers - Huddersfield Town (Formerly ACRNATB - Stoke City)

Comments

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    567 posts Sunday League Hero
    Southampton%20Home_zpsmv4kfd3c.png

After the Capital One Cup win at Leeds, Stoke returned to The Britannia, still looking for their first Premier League win of the season.
    And they started well, pressuring Southampton's defence, and creating some good chances.
    Despite some good chances at both ends, the teams went into half time at nil-nil.

But it was just 5 minutes after half time that Stoke got the breakthrough.
    A short throw was worked well to Ings on the wing, who curled a perfect ball to the back post. Charlie Austin out-jumped Bertrand, and nodded the ball into the back of the net.
    Jack Butland made a brilliant save just 9 minutes later, denying Long at his near post, with an acrobatic diving stop.
    Danny Ings had a chance to finish the game with 10 minutes left, but just missed the target after breaking through the defence.
    Southampton had a great chance in the dying minutes, but Mane put his header over the bar from 6 yards out.
    It took until injury time, but Danny Ings finally got his first goal of the season.
    A great ball from Connor Wickham put him through, and Ings slotted the ball past the keeper, and you could see the relief on his face.
    Stoke continued to pressure throughout added time, but couldn't find another tally.

A brilliant performance all over the field, and hopefully the players can build on this and put a decent run of results together.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Morecambe%20COC3_zpsabdcbnbf.png
  • Alastair
    10064 posts Moderator
    Some amazing signings there, especially Baines.

Good to see you doing well in the league cup with a nice draw for the next round.

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    Alastair wrote: »
    Some amazing signings there, especially Baines.

Good to see you doing well in the league cup with a nice draw for the next round.

Thanks! I was very pleased to get those two, as they can be game changing players.

I love a good cup run, so I want to do well in at least one of them.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Aston%20Villa%20Away_zpswxpcfvtz.png

Stoke line up at Villa Park with the exact same side that beat Southampton at The Britannia last Saturday.
    Austin had the first chance just minutes in, but his curling shot from the edge of the box was punched away by Pyatov.
    But the ball went straight down the other end, and Villa got the opener.
    Lowton chipped the ball to the near post, where Weimann met in to head home.
    Villa got a second, when Benteke was allowed to walk through the defence, and beat Butland at his near post.
    The home side dominated the first half, with 55% of possession.

Villa continued to pressure, wreaking havoc in Stoke defence.
    Danny Ings had two great chances, but they were both saved by the keeper.
    Jack Butland made some very good saves in the second half, to at least keep the score respectable.

Just one of those games...
  • dannyboy
    12825 posts Has That Special Something
    :o How did you lose that game?

Some decent signings. Building a pretty good team.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    dannyboy wrote: »
    :o How did you lose that game?

Some decent signings. Building a pretty good team.

One of those games FIFA didn't want me to win...

Thanks! :smiley: I'm pretty happy with my team at the moment, just hope I don't get fired...
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Morecambe%20Home%20COC3_zps1vjj1vkl.png

Liam McGuire made 10 changes to the side that lost to Aston Villa, with fringe players given a chance to show what they can do.
    Christian Walton started in goal, struggling Marko Arnautovic is on the left, and a strike partnership of Nouha Dicko and Connor Wickham.

It took just 5 minutes for the game's first chance; Connor Wickham hitting the post with his shot.
    Despite the gap between the two teams, they went into half time level.

Nouha Dicko went down in the second half and had to be replaced by Moussa Dembele.
    It took 82 minutes, but Stoke finally made the breakthrough. Declan John was played through brilliantly, and finished it off for his first Stoke goal.
    Matt Ritchie went close late on, but his shot from 35 yards out just missed the target.

A good performance, but we just couldn't finish our chances.

John%20Morecambe_zps17915cur.png
    Declan John fires home his first Stoke goal.
    Post edited by ZzxL14MxzZ on
  • dannyboy
    Well at least you reached the next round. :p Are you going to take the League Cup seriously or are you going to use your backup players in all games?
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Well at least you reached the next round. :p Are you going to take the League Cup seriously or are you going to use your backup players in all games?

Only just :# This was actually my third attempt at this game, with the game crashing in the first two. Beat them 4-0 on the second go, but crashed before it got back to the home screen.

I'll use some fringe players at the moment, against the lower teams, but in the last few rounds I will take it seriously. Being a lower league fan, I love the cups, and I'd love to win one. (Or at least get to Wembley, and do better than my beloved Swindon... :( )
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Crawley%20COC4_zps2ptk7i8d.png
  • Seem to being ok at the moment, great read though. KUGTW!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Seem to being ok at the moment, great read though. KUGTW!

We've done okay in September so far, but I want to improve. Thank you very much! :smile:
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    West%20Brom%20Home_zps3ucgz7ny.png

Declan John and Aden Flint are the only players lining up for this game, that played against Morecambe. Both defenders put in top performances, and will be looking to show what they can do against Premiership opposition.
    Mame Biram Diouf starts for West Brom, just two months after being sold by The Potters.

Charlie Austin had the game's first chance. He took a pop from 40 yards, and the dipping shot required the fingertips of Ben Foster to keep it out.
    Diouf almost opened the scoring for The Baggies, but Jack Butland made a spectacular diving save to keep the effort out.
    But it was Sessegnon that did finally open the scoring for the visitors.
    He chested the ball down, and volleyed it past Butland.
    Stoke pressured well after the opener, and Will Hughes grabbed an equaliser before half time.
    Danny Ings' low shot was well saved, but Hughes pounced on the rebound, and tucked the ball into the corner.
    West Brom though they'd got a goal in added time, but Sessegnon's header was rightly ruled out for offside.

Stoke got a chance to take the lead in the second half, after Wilfried Zaha was taken out in the box.
    Charlie Austin took the penalty, and finished it perfectly into the corner.
    West Brom got the equaliser with 5 minutes left.
    Berbatov rose highest, and headed off the post and in.
    Both Danny Ings and Charlie Austin had great chances in added time, but neither could find the target.

We deserved the win, but just couldn't finish our chances.
  • Chow
    2525 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sorry what, WBA signed Berba? Oh how the mighty have fallen...
  • Alastair
    10064 posts Moderator
    Some bad results lately. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif Although it sounds like you are playing well and are just unlucky so things don't look too bad.

Good to see you got a good cup draw.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Chow wrote: »
    Sorry what, WBA signed Berba? Oh how the mighty have fallen...

He's doing the 92; Playing a game for every Football League club.

He actually came on as a half time substitute because Graham Dorrans was injured, so he isn't even in their first team...
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Alastair wrote: »
    Some bad results lately. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif Although it sounds like you are playing well and are just unlucky so things don't look too bad.

Good to see you got a good cup draw.

We're not doing great. We are doing better than the other team a lot of the time, but my inexperience on legendary, along with a few young, lower rated players, means that we make mistakes at crucial times, costing us goals.

I'm happy with that draw, but it's still going to be tough against a Crawley side that will be well up for it and have nothing to lose.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    QPR%20Away_zpspwcfuqla.png

Some bad news before the game: Connor Wickham was injured in warm up, and it turns out he'll miss 6 weeks with a torn calf muscle.

Charlie Austin lined up along side Nouha Dicko against his old club, after he arrived at The Britannia last January, for £5million.
    Phil Jones had Stoke's first chance. The ball was cleared to the edge of the box from a corner, and the centre back's volley needed Rob Green's fingertips to keep it out.
    Despite some good chances for both sides, they went into the break all square.

Nouha Dicko had a great chance to give Stoke the lead, but after breaking through the defence, he somehow missed the target with his one-on-one attempt.
    That was the only chance of the half, with the game finishing level.
  • dannyboy
    Only one chance in the second half? Tedious game. Shame about Wickham, you'll have even more trouble with scoring goals now.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Only one chance in the second half? Tedious game. Shame about Wickham, you'll have even more trouble with scoring goals now.

Yep, the first half was good, but the second was dreary at best.
    He's my strongest forward, so it's disappointing to lose him, but we have a lot of depth up front so hopefully we'll be okay.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Swansea%20Home_zps46pi1vni.png

Charlie Austin was injured in training last week, so he doesn't feature today. James Wilson replaces him, and Bojan comes in for Victor Moses.

In a half with few chances, Swansea had the only real effort at goal. Ki Sung Yueng's free kick from 20 yards only just missed the top corner of Stoke's goal.
    Stoke had a succession of corners in added time, but couldn't trouble Khune.

Will Hughes had a great chance at the start of the second half, but dragged his shot wide.
    It took until the 80th minute to get the game's first goal.
    Some nice passing between Zaha and Ings put the former through on goal, and he powered his shot past the keeper.
    Even though Swansea threw everything forward, Stoke managed to hold on, and get the win.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Wigan%20Away_zpsgre1v0mg.png

Charlie Austin and Victor Moses return to the side, with Ryan Mason replacing Will Hughes.

A booking after just 3 minutes, with Leighton Baines being shown a yellow for a tame foul.
    Wilfried Zaha had a great chance early on, but it was well saved by Ali Al-Habsi, at his near post.
    Phil Dowd showed his second yellow card after just 16 minutes. Emyr Huws was booked for a poor sliding challenge on Rafael.
    Very few chances in the first half, and it ends 0-0.

Straight from the kick off, Victor Moses took a chance from 40 yards, but it was well saved.
    Wigan opened the scoring on 74 minutes.
    McClean's cross found Delort, who headed into the top corner.
    Danny Ings had a chance to respond instantly after being played through by Mason, but could only find the post.
    He did find the net 5 minutes later.
    Ings found space in the box, and fired a rocket into the top corner.
    Second half sub Nouha Dicko had a chance from the edge of the box, but just missed the target.

Another one of those BS FIFA games. My players were slow, took awful touches, and just didn't do what I wanted. The reason I don't enjoy FIFA as much at the moment.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Crawley%20Home%20COC4_zpsnttn7ded.png

Phil Jones is the only player to keep a spot in the Stoke side, with ten changes made from their draw at Wigan.

Stoke pressured well in the first half but it took them over half an hour to find a goal.
    Matt Ritchie made a great run down the right, before squaring to Woods in the box. He laid it off to Dicko, who powered his shot into the bottom corner.
    The League 1 side attacked more after the goal, but couldn't trouble Walton.

Ryan Woods had a great header denied by the keeper, just tipping it over the bar.
    In added time, Nouha Dicko finished the game off.
    The striker was played through by Woods again, and he fired the ball into the bottom corner.

Crawley did okay, but we deserved the win.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Man%20City%20Home_zpsvdprbbux.png

Manchester City make the journey to the Britannia today, with The Potters unbeaten in 6 games.

An end to end first half had few chances, and again, it's nil-nil at half time.

There was great saves at both ends in the space of a few minutes, with Butland making a great diving save, before the ball went down the other end, and Joe Hart denying Ings well.
    But The Sky Blues opened the scoring soon after.
    The ball was played to Oscar in the box, and his first time shot hit Butland, but he couldn't keep it out.
    Stoke pressured late on, but just couldn't find the finish they needed.

A spirited performance, but City's quality gave them the 3 points.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Cardiff%20Away_zps1knehkmq.png

Liam McGuire made three changes from the side that lost to Man City: Ryan Woods, Charlie Austin, and Matt Ritchie start today, with Will Hughes, Nouha Dicko, and Victor Moses sitting out.

Woods had a chance early on, but powered his shot over the bar.
    Cardiff made the game even harder after 28 minutes, when Jo Inge Berget was shown a straight red card for a poor tackle from behind on Charlie Austin.
    Despite a lot of pressure from Stoke, it's scoreless at half time.

Woods again had a great chance, but again couldn't find the target.
    Danny Ings had an effort soon after, but it was well saved by Lewis.
    From the resulting corner, Stoke found the net.
    The ball was swung into the box, and Austin rose highest to nod home.
    From another corner, Stoke doubled their lead.
    Zaha's header was very well saved, but Leighton Baines was in the right place at the right time to tap in the rebound for his first Stoke goal.

Cardiff didn't trouble Stoke, and The Potters deserved the win.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Norwich%20Away_zpsbtssarth.png

Norwich opened the scoring after just 8 minutes.
    Jerome was played through perfectly, and placed the ball just inside the post.
    Marko Arnautovic had his effort from 25 yards well saved by Ruddy.
    Stoke had a lot of offensive pressure in added time, but couldn't find a way past Ruddy.

John Ruddy made a series of outstanding saves, to keep the lead for Norwich.
    Norwich finished the game off in added time.
    Redmond controlled the ball in the box, and volleyed it into the corner.

I'm taking a break from FIFA, before it kills me.
    The BS in this game is far too frustrating to be enjoyable.
  • Keep it up, enjoying the story and am interested to see how your young talent progresses!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Table12_zpsh51xs5mp.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    1_zps3ulsicqf.png