To The Terriers - Huddersfield Town (Formerly ACRNATB - Stoke City)

Comments

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    567 posts Sunday League Hero
    Swansea%20Away_zpsbsmxe2rg.png

Swansea started off brightly, making Stoke do all of the defending, but it was The Potters that had the first chance. Charlie Austin was given a lot of space and took a chance from 35 yards, but his dipping effort struck the bar and rebounded away.
    Butland made a great save soon after, diving to keep out Montero's effort.
    The home side had the best of the first half, but didn't really worry Jack Butland in the Stoke goal.

On the hour mark, Stoke were awarded a penalty. Taylor took Wilson down, and gave Chris Foy no choice.
    Charlie Austin took it, and smashed the ball past Khune.
    Straight after, Jack Butland again made a brilliant diving save, this time denying Sigurdsson.
    James Wilson went close from a corner, but just missed the post.
    Austin almost got a second goal near the end, but his header was just wide of the target.
    Stoke kept Swansea's attack at bay, not letting them near the box.

A very, very good performance from everyone. A special mention to Jack Butland, making 6 saves, most of them very tough ones too.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Tottenham%20Home_zpskzqyyr9x.png

Hughes went close early, but his dipping shot from 35 yards just missed the target.
    It was the home side that opened the scoring.
    Danny Ings won the ball off of Eric Dier on the half way line, and had a clear path to goal. He out paced the chasing defenders, before calming himself, and slotting the ball into the bottom corner.
    Tottenham pressured The Potters' defence at the end of the half, but couldn't get a decent shot away.

Austin had a good effort after half time, but his header was well saved.
    Second half substitute Lamela had a good try at goal, but his shot just skimmed the bar.
    Despite some good opportunities for Spurs, it was Stoke that got the game's second goal.
    Ings broke through from a good Austin header, and smashed the ball into the net. The keeper managed to get both hands to the ball, but the strike was too powerful, and the ball trickled over the line.
    Tottenham tried long balls over the defence in the dying minutes, but couldn't find a goal.

A great performance from every player, and I am delighted to beat a team like Spurs.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Burnley%20Away_zpsayz1rlnc.png

Stoke lined up at Turf Moor with four strikers on the field, showing Liam McGuire's attacking intentions, trying to make the most of Burnley's defencive frailty.
    It was an embarrassing moment that opened the scoring.
    Geoff Cameron put in a good low cross, which struck Will Keane, and rolled into the net. Very unfortunate for the young defender.
    Wickham almost got Stoke's second soon after. He weaved his way through the Burnley defence, but his shot was just off target.

Stephen Ward was booked just after half time for a poor challenge on Danny Ings, which could've easily seen the Burnley player sent off.
    And it was Danny Ings that doubled Stoke's lead.
    He used his pace to blow by the defenders, before firing his shot under the keeper.
    Barnes had a great chance to Burnley back in the game, but missed an open net with his header from 2 yards out. That was definitely harder to miss!
    It was Ings again who went close near the end, bu could only find the side netting.
    Connor Wickham hobbled off in added time, and he will miss the end of the season with a sprained ankle.

A great win that puts us in 8th going in to our last game.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Quick Note
    In 2015, we've had 3 league losses. I think that's very impressive for a young team, that's just been completely rebuilt, and expected to be on the brink of relegation.

Also, I've just got my new keyboard, so my reports will most likely be a bit longer. I just love using it :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Liverpool%20Home_zpskgni8c0k.png

Our last home game of the season, and The Britannia is sold out for the visit of Liverpool.
    Neither team could gain control of the game in the first half, with only one shot on target between the two teams.

But it only took 7 second half minutes for the first good chance, when Sakho tripped Austin in the box.
    Austin took the penalty himself, but it was well saved by Mignolet.
    Liverpool adopted a defensive approach with 15 minutes left, completely killing the game off.

A decent, but boring, end to the season.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Table38_zpsphbnioae.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Winners_zps0aolpxyn.png
    English domination in Europe!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    End_zpsfyxtwmap.png
    Jack Butland won Premier League Player and Goalkeeper Of The Year. Very well deserved!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Cahill1_zpsjx8nt3em.png
    Post edited by ZzxL14MxzZ on
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Moses_zpsyvxtrjgy.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Zaha_zpsbf8j7oo9.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Diouf_zps2qhbubtd.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Alli%20Bellerin_zpsvetai642.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    West%20Ham%20Away_zpskzyc3ykd.png

Victor Moses, Wilfried Zaha, and Gary Cahill all make their debuts for Stoke.
    However, it was the home side that took the lead.
    Nolan walked into the box, and fired his shot past Jack Butland.
    But Stoke levelled just 6 minutes later.
    Ings' shot was well saved, but Austin reacted first to head into the empty net.
    Austin got his second soon after to give Stoke the lead.
    He beat the last man with some good pace, before rifling his shot past Adrian.
    Stoke improved as the half went on, with Pieters going close near the end.

The visitors started the second half well, making West Ham defend and forcing Adrian into some tough saves.
    Charlie Austin almost got his hat trick on the hour mark, but the goal was disallowed for offside.
    West Ham got the equaliser 8 minutes from the end.
    Andy Carroll jumped highest to nod home a cross.
    The Hammers completed their comeback in added time.
    The ball fell nicely to Carroll on the edge of the box, and he sent a screamer past Butland.
    Stoke pressured but Adrian denied them well.

A good performance but very disappointed with the result.
  • There's a broken image; but judging by the link it looks like you acquired Hector Bellerin and Dele Alli.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    DylanTM wrote: »
    There's a broken image; but judging by the link it looks like you acquired Hector Bellerin and Dele Alli.

Hmm, that's odd. I did have a lot of trouble with that image so I'll see what's up.

Right players, but they're leaving on loan. :p
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Crystal%20Palace%20Home_zpspoc2aofn.png

Stoke City line up with the exact same side that lost out against West Ham, hoping to get their first win of the season.
    Danny Ings had the first chance of the game, but his header lacked power and missed the target.
    But it was Palace that opened the scoring.
    Delaney made himself space in the box from a short corner, before firing over Butland from a tight angle. The keeper really should've done better there.
    Stoke made a lot of good chances in the first half, and were unlucky not to get a goal.

The Potters had a host of chances, but somehow couldn't find the net.
    Marko Arnautovic had a great chance late on, but could only find the side netting.
    But Palace got their second in added time, to seal the game.
    A mix up in Stoke's defence left Ledley with an easy tap in.

A good performance overall, but two poor moments gave the game to the visitors.
  • dannyboy
    12823 posts Has That Special Something
    Ninth place. :o Nice. Zaha and Jones are decent signings. Austin's been great in this. :p
  • Great final position last year considering the team and nice run of form towards the end of the season. Some quality signings, nice to see you buy Jones you made some good signings last year but didn't really get any quality at the back (although Butland was clearly god like). Disappointing start to this season though, hopefully it will pick up!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Ninth place. :o Nice. Zaha and Jones are decent signings. Austin's been great in this. :p
    Great final position last year considering the team and nice run of form towards the end of the season. Some quality signings, nice to see you buy Jones you made some good signings last year but didn't really get any quality at the back (although Butland was clearly god like). Disappointing start to this season though, hopefully it will pick up!

I was delighted with our final position last season, especially as we had a similar start, with very few wins. Zaha has already been very good, despite our losses.

I just realised I majorly messed up. I got Gary Cahill on a free this window, not Phil Jones, as I bought Jones in January. So I have a back line of
    Butland
    Cameron/ Hewitt - Jones - Shawcross - Cahill - Pieters/ John

I'll edit that post when I get the chance. :s
  • Alastair
    10061 posts Moderator
    I've just skimmed through what I missed during my exams.

Nice to see you getting a top ten finish and having Butland do so well. Hopefully no-one comes in for him on deadline day.

Your new look back line looks strong centrally but very week out wide. But overall hopefully the signings can help you push for a Europa League place next season.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Alastair wrote: »
    I've just skimmed through what I missed during my exams.

Nice to see you getting a top ten finish and having Butland do so well. Hopefully no-one comes in for him on deadline day.

Your new look back line looks strong centrally but very week out wide. But overall hopefully the signings can help you push for a Europa League place next season.

I was very happy with the top half finish, especially after the start I had. Butland was amazing. It was a tough decision choosing him over Begovic, but I'm very glad that I did. I had a few offers, but nothing that I'd even consider for the Premier League player of the year.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I bought some young full backs, but didn't get any that can perform now. I didn't want to really get anyone in now as I think they'd want to leave due to getting little play time, and it wouldn't help with their development. I really messed it up for myself tbh, but at the moment they're doing okay.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Sunderland%20Away_zpsirsas8ft.png

Despite some good early play by Stoke, it was Sunderland who took the lead.
    The ball was squared perfectly for the run of Bridcutt, who side footed his first time shot over Butland and in.
    Just as Austin broke into the box, the referee blew for half time. The Stoke team, management, and fans alike were furious with the ref, as Austin finished slotted the ball into the net, only for it to be ruled out.

Zaha whipped in a great ball on the hour mark, but Austin's header just missed the target.
    Even after throwing everything forward, Stoke couldn't find a way through.

Another one of those games that FIFA didn't want me to win. My players were slow, unresponsive, sloppy, and the ref was awful.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Shea_zps3axgtycc.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Rafael_zpsu4bcvsdw.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Baines1_zpsrlezjryi.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Team_zpsyfdnyftx.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Leeds%20Away%20COC1_zpsa9ffqw4s.png

New signing Leighton Baines had the game's first chance, but it was well saved by the Leeds keeper.
    Leeds were unlucky not to take the lead before half time, with Adryan's shot strikring the post, before being cleared.

Despite some good pressure by Leeds after half time, it was Stoke that took the lead.
    Leighton Baines chipped in a great cross, and the unmarked Charlie Austin was there with an easy header into the empty half of the net.
    Late on, Jack Butland made a brilliant diving save to deny Santana La Cruz.
    Stoke held out, to win the game and go into the hat for the next round.
  • Are you Louis Van Gaal's feeder club xD.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    DylanTM wrote: »
    Are you Louis Van Gaal's feeder club xD.

United have good players and I am determined to steal all of them :D