To The Terriers - Huddersfield Town (Formerly ACRNATB - Stoke City)

Comments

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    567 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited May 2015
    Hull%20Home_zps5xkrvndf.png

Hull travel to The Britannia, for Stoke's fourth home game in a row, all in February.
    With The Potter's first goal in 3 games, Charlie Austin gave Stoke the lead.
    Dicko whipped a great ball into the box, for Austin to head into the top corner.
    Phil Jones went down near the end of the first half, clutching his shoulder. He was taken off, and replaced by Connor Goldson. He will only miss 9 days, with a bruised shoulder.
    Jack Butland has been in great form of late, again making a series of great saves to deny Hull.
    Stoke had a chance in added time, but Dicko's effort was well saved.
    Goldson had a chance for his first Stoke goal, but hit the post from a corner.

A decent performance, and we definitely deserved the win. Butland was rightfully given man of the match, coming out of the game with 8 saves, most of them from great scoring opportunities.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Leicester%20Away_zps2wjwntuy.png

Neither team could create any decent chances in the first half, and the teams went into the break at 0-0.
    Charlie Austin went down on the hour mark, and left the field in a lot of pain. He was replaced by Connor Wickham. Like Jones, Austin has a bruised shoulder, and will miss 9 days.
    The second half was similar to the first, with neither team breaking the deadlock.

Our fourth clean sheet in a row is impressive, but we've only scored one goal in that time.
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Your defence has been great recently, hopefully you'll be able to find the net more often and turn these draws into wins
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    Great thread man, good luck. Some good signings in january, what the club needs. Austin is a top and a proven goalscorer. I love the signings of Armstrong, Hughes, Ritchie, Alli and John. Really exciting youngsters. A few clean sheets lately and the results improved.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    CARSTER wrote: »
    Your defence has been great recently, hopefully you'll be able to find the net more often and turn these draws into wins

They've been great, especially since Jones' arrival. I just can't seem to make enough chances.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Great thread man, good luck. Some good signings in january, what the club needs. Austin is a top and a proven goalscorer. I love the signings of Armstrong, Hughes, Ritchie, Alli and John. Really exciting youngsters. A few clean sheets lately and the results improved.

Thanks buddy! :) Hopefully Austin will be big for me. Thanks, hopefully I'll last long enough to see them grow haha. Results are improving, but we need more wins!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Aston%20Villa%20Away_zpshwrqvbms.png

Stoke started brilliantly, with two dangerous crosses in the first 5 minutes.
    And they did have the ball in the net in the 9th minute, but Moussa Dembele was adjudged to be offside.
    Stoke continued to pressure, letting fly at the Villa goal at every chance they got.
    Eventually, The Potters got the breakthrough they were looking for.
    Connor Wickham walked through Villa's defence, before smashing his shot into the top corner.
    Despite Stoke having 7 shots in the first half, they went into the break only a goal up.

Dembele doubled Stoke's lead on the hour.
    Will Hughes played a perfect back heel to the striker in the box, whose first time effort found the bottom corner.
    Youngsters Adam Armstrong and Jose Pozo were brought on late into the second half, both of them earning their first minutes in the red and white stripes.

Villa never really troubled Butland, rarely getting the ball near Stoke's box.
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    The young lads started well. Wickham and Dembele with the goals and Will Hughes with a assist. Great win at Villa Park.
    Good to see Armstrong and Pozo getting their first minutes
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    The young lads started well. Wickham and Dembele with the goals and Will Hughes with a assist. Great win at Villa Park.
    Good to see Armstrong and Pozo getting their first minutes

Both of them have been brilliant in the games they've played, really taking their chances well. Hopefully we can get some more wins after that, seeing as we're unbeaten in 5, but have only won 2 of those. I want to play the youngsters as much as I can, to get them to grow as much as possible.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Just realised I haven't done a table update yet...
    Table%2028_zpsluz8gw5f.png
    Not happy with our position, but a couple of wins could boost us up the table.
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    10 games remaining.. I think if you make a good run, a top 8 still possible
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    West%20Brom%20Away_zps4drfhv5z.png

Moussa Dembele had a great chance on the break after half an hour, but could only find the post with his powerful shot.
    Matt Ritchie went down under a heavy challenge just before the hour, and had to be stretchered off the field. He suffered a Hyper Extended Knee Injury, and will be sidelined for at least 3 weeks.
    The home side had a great chance just minutes from the end, but Pocognoli's strike from the edge of the area just missed Butland's left post.
    Stoke were given a penalty in extra time. Gamboa pulled Dembele down by his shirt, and the ref was given no choice.
    Connor Wickham took the responsibility, and finished the spot kick well, tucking the ball home.
    The whistle was blown seconds after the kickoff, giving Stoke their first consecutive wins this season.

A very good performance, and a well deserved win.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    It is now 565 minutes since Jack Butland has conceded a goal.Brilliant! Still a long way to go to beat Edwin Van Der Sar's 1,311 minutes...
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    10 games remaining.. I think if you make a good run, a top 8 still possible

Definitely possible! It's going to be tough, but I think that has to be my aim now.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Crystal%20Palace%20Home_zpskiqpu9te.png

George Williams made his Stoke debut, on the left of midfield.
    Austin had a couple of early chances go close, as well as Ryan Mason just missing the target from 30 yards.
    It was Austin who had the best chance of the half, hitting the post when he was one on one with the keeper.
    Stoke finally broke the deadlock, with Ryan Shawcross heading home a corner from the left.
    Ruben Loftus-Cheek made his Stoke debut in the second half, coming on to replace the other debutante, George Williams.
    Declan John was just inches away from his first goal, but just missed the top corner.
    Palace had some great chances, but couldn't find the net.

Our defence was brilliant, blocking most shots, with Butland saving what he had to. A pleasure to watch.

Minutes since Butland conceded: 655
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    Nice away in at The Hawthorns. Last minute goals is always exciting.
    The image of the last post not loading here, but for the text i see the win and again with a clean sheet.
    I'm loving the fact that you give the younger players a taste of Premier League football. In the future will see the result, as probably they will grow.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Nice away in at The Hawthorns. Last minute goals is always exciting.
    The image of the last post not loading here, but for the text i see the win and again with a clean sheet.
    I'm loving the fact that you give the younger players a taste of Premier League football. In the future will see the result, as probably they will grow.

Didn't think I'd get anything as the game went on, but they gifted me the result. It's loading for me, but I'll look into it. No one wanted them on loan and I don't want them moaning :# Hopefully I last long enough to see the result, but a few have already grown brilliantly.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Chelsea%20Away_zpshuscqu9z.png

Stoke take on their biggest challenge of late, travelling to Stamford Bridge to try and continue their unbeaten and clean sheet streaks.
    Their without Connor Wickham though, who was injured in training and will miss 3 weeks.
    Stoke started brilliantly, pressuring Chelsea's defence and not allowing the home side any time on the ball.
    Austin was the first to go close. His shot from 40 yards was dipping, but just too late as it hit the roof of the net.
    And it was Austin that opened the scoring.
    Bojan whipped a great corner from the right, which Austin met well, and headed over Akinfeev and in.
    It was almost a second for Austin, but his header was brilliantly saved by Akinfeev.
    At the other end, Butland kept his clean sheet in tact, denying Schurrle with a great diving save.
    Ings had a chance to finish the game and bag his first goal in the process, but somehow managed to put the ball over the bar, from a tap in from 4 yards out.
    But it was Austin that got Stoke's second.
    He got into the box, cut inside a defender, before striking his shot off of Christensen and in. Akinfeev was completely fooled by the change in direction, diving the wrong way.
    Jose Mourinho sent Akinfeev up for a Chelsea corner in the dying minutes, and the keeper connected with a header that only just missed the net.
    Chelsea just couldn't find a way through Stoke's defence, ending up with just a single shot on target.

One of our best performances of the season, completely dominating a powerhouse at Stamford Bridge.

Minutes since Butland conceded: 745
  • dannyboy
    12828 posts Has That Special Something
    Getting a lot of clean sheets recently. :p Chelsea only getting one shot on target at home? Your team is pretty good. :p
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    What a game! Another clean sheet and a Austin brace sealed the win. Abssolutely fantastic, outplayed Chelsea.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Getting a lot of clean sheets recently. :p Chelsea only getting one shot on target at home? Your team is pretty good. :p

8 in a row! Unbelievable! We really turned up and played our game, it was a pleasure to watch B)
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    What a game! Another clean sheet and a Austin brace sealed the win. Abssolutely fantastic, outplayed Chelsea.

A great game to extend all of our runs. If we could've played like this at the start of the season, we'd be challenging for Europe right now...
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    West%20Ham%20Away_zpsdkjakuii.png

Yet again, Austin was the first to go close. He cut in from the left, before curling his shot off the far post and away.
    Butland's clean sheet streak lasted 774 minutes, but it was the Hammers that broke it.
    Ryan Shawcross fouled Kevin Nolan in the box, and he had no problem in tucking away the spot kick.
    The Potters pressure West Ham, and got their reward on 70 minutes.
    Ritchie played a perfect ball over the top to Wilson, who took a touch before poking it past Adrian.
    But the home side took the lead late on.
    Carroll played a perfect long ball over the defence, and Zarate volleyed it past Butland.
    West Ham held onto the ball well late on, not giving Stoke a chance to get an equaliser.

Not a bad performance, but West Ham were very good and deserved their win.
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    Shame that the Hammers end your great run. Butland make a very good run too, with 774 minutes without goal, but the defense deserves praise too.
    Wilson tied the game but Zarate scores late in the game and secured the win for West Ham;
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Excellent run of results before the West Ham match, hopefully that has helped you climb into the top half
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Shame that the Hammers end your great run. Butland make a very good run too, with 774 minutes without goal, but the defense deserves praise too.
    Wilson tied the game but Zarate scores late in the game and secured the win for West Ham;

I'd have liked to have beaten them, but they played very well and deserved the win. The defence were very good, but Butland made some big saves to bail them out at times too. I was gutted about the late goal, using Stoke's long ball tactics.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    CARSTER wrote: »
    Excellent run of results before the West Ham match, hopefully that has helped you climb into the top half

We're now in 11th, and have played a game more than the teams around us.

I'll put up a table update after the next game.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited June 2015
    Southampton%20Home_zps6o1eqa1i.png

Stoke lined up at The Britannia with the exact same side that just lost out against West Ham.
    Southampton got a succession of corners in the first 10 minutes, but couldn't get an end result.
    The home side were passing the ball round well early on, but Austin's resulting effort from 30 yards was easily saved by Boruc.
    And it was Austin that opened the scoring.
    He was played through well by Wilson, and the England international smashed the ball past the keeper.
    James Wilson added a second before half time.
    Muniesa curled in a great high cross, and Wilson out-jumped Bertrand, and headed over the keeper.

The first chance in the second half went to Assaidi, but his volley from outside the box just missed the target.
    Stoke dominated the second half, and gave Southampton little hope of getting even a consolation.

A very good performance, and we definitely deserved the win.

At 80 minutes, Southampton went defensive, "to hold their lead"... What??
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Sunderland%20Home_zpsxmz8kcr6.png

Marko Arnautovic had a good long range effort early on, but Costel Pantilimon made a very good diving save.
    Sunderland had the most of the first half, and hit the woodwork twice, but neither team could find the net.

The visitors finally got their breakthrough, just after half time.
    Johnson swung a great ball right to Rodwell, who volleyed it home.
    But Stoke responded straight after.
    Danny Ings played in Mame Diouf, who sent a rocket into the back of the net.
    Sunderland struck again on 70 minutes, giving them the lead.
    Fletcher cut into the box, and fired his shot into the top corner.
    Straight after the goal, Fletcher was taken off; not a bad last touch!
    Sunderland kept the ball well at the end, not giving Stoke a chance.

Not happy with losing this game, as we could've gone up to 8th (temporarily) with a win.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Table34_zpsbkx0qvtu.png