To The Terriers - Huddersfield Town (Formerly ACRNATB - Stoke City)

Comments

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    567 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bournemouth%20Home%20FAC3_zpsi5hcxyy5.png

Matt Ritchie starts against his old club, looking to put Stoke through to the 4th round.
    But it was The Cherries that took the lead in the first half.
    Callum Wilson was given too much space on the edge of the box, and fired his shot off the post and in.
    But Ritchie did have a part in Stoke's equaliser, crossing the ball to Crouch for an easy tap in.
    Stoke dominated the first half, seeing the majority of the ball.

Stoke got a break near the end, but Will Hughes just missed the target with his curling shot.
    Wilson had a chance minutes after, but it was very well saved.

A poor result against a Championship side. We'll have to go down to the south coast to fight for our spot in the competition.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Armstrong%20Pozo%20John_zpsiiq2wpoe.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Ireland_zpse5hgoi0e.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Ings%20Ward%20Dembele%20Bigirimana_zpsdgdhirf4.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Williams%20Goldson_zpszvn2ncly.png
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Some good young signings but given your situation I think you could have done with some more established stars
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Wickham%20Hewitt%20Dicko_zps18nnixrj.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    CARSTER wrote: »
    Some good young signings but given your situation I think you could have done with some more established stars

I have one, and I have a couple lined up, but they aren't confirmed yet.
  • JTS900
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Connor Wickham is a good signing, should grab you a few goals.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Austin_zpssoc3pqvx.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Bournemouth%20Away%20FAC3R_zpslx4lkzyl.png

Bournemouth dominated the early exchanges, not allowing Stoke out of their half.
    But it was the visitors who struck first.
    Matt Ritchie again set up a goal against his former team, this time crossing to Connor Wickham, to head into the empty net. That's his first Stoke goal, just 30 minutes into his debut!
    Bournemouth hit the bar in the first half, but neither team could find a goal before the break.

The home side did find a way through after the hour.
    Wilson played a brilliant ball into the box to Kermorgant, who tucked the ball past Butland and in.
    Despite plenty of late chances, neither team could find a winner, and the game went to extra time.

Just 4 minutes into added time, Connor Wickham got a break.
    He got into the box, and fired the ball past the keeper to give The Potters the lead.
    Matt Ritchie was taken off in extra time, and was given a standing ovation by both sets of fans.

We made it harder than it should have been, but we're through to the 4th round.
    Great debuts from Austin, Ings, Goldson, and obviously Wickham.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    JTS900 wrote: »

You were saying... :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Arsenal%20Away_zps7yeq10fo.png

Edin Dzeko opened he scoring after just 11 minutes, pouncing on his own rebound to poke past Butland.
    Aaron Ramsey made it two just 6 minutes later, smashing the ball in from a cross.
    Stoke's first effort led to a goal.
    Bojan made a great winding run downfield, before curling the ball into the corner
    Right on 90 minutes, Matt Ritchie got the equaliser.
    Substitute Danny Ings beat the defender down the left, before crossing into the box, where Ritchie out-jumped Monreal and headed in.

We didn't deserve it, but a brilliant comeback!
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    FAC4_zps7xdnvg4j.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Bardsley_zps3j3frhze.png
  • JTS900
    ZzxL14MxzZ wrote: »

You were saying... :D

I think i'm psychic :hushed:
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Cardiff%20Home%20FAC4_zpsubb8uykt.png

Stoke started brightly, creating a chance in the first minute, but it was well saved by the keeper.
    Soon after, Hewitt almost got a goal on his debut, but he hit the bar with his effort from 30 yards out.
    Cardiff opened the scoring right on half time.
    Despite a clear foul in the box on Marc Wilson, that flipped the defender, the ball was played back to Kenwyne Jones, who placed the ball into the corner of the net.
    The ref blew the half time whistle right off the kick off, and the Stoke players surrounded the ref, angry at the decision that led to the goal.
    Charlie Adam was brought on in the second half, after he was swapped with Declan John in this transfer window.
    The visitors got a second after the hour.
    Noone took a tame shot from the edge of the box, but Wilson threw himself in the way of it, causing the ball to hit him and fly over Butland.
    Stoke threw everything at Cardiff, but they couldn't even get a shot in the dying minutes.

A shocking game and I'm very disappointed to be knocked out by a Championship side.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Jones_zps1dcbvtex.png
  • JTS900
    Brilliant signing! Crouch to Old Trafford!? :|
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Team%20January_zpslkuv41r6.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Brilliant signing! Crouch to Old Trafford!? :|

I wanted Jones and I wanted to get rid of Crouch. I offered him in a swap and they accepted :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Newcastle%20Away_zps9ewtferq.png

The opening 20 minutes were poor, but Stoke livened the game up with a goal in the 22nd minute.
    Gael Bigirimana weaved his way into the box with the ball, before unleashing a shot that found the corner of the net. A great impact on his debut.
    Another opportunity came minutes later for Stoke, but Ings couldn't find the target.
    But just 3 minutes later, Charlie Austin opened his Stoke account.
    Mason made a brilliant run down the right, before whipping the ball in. Austin beat Janmaat to the ball, and headed into the top corner.
    Jack Butland wasn't called into action until late on, but made a crucial save to deny Newcastle a way back into the game.
    The home side dominated late on, but couldn't create any chances.

Our first win since boxing day, but a great performance.
  • dannyboy
    12822 posts Has That Special Something
    Finally a win. B) Bigi scoring against his former club too. :o Jones is a great signing.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited May 2015
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Finally a win. B) Bigi scoring against his former club too. :o Jones is a great signing.

It took a while :s I didn't even realise that! Not bad for a freebie :worried: I was so glad I could get him. He's an asset now and will be even better in the future!
  • dannyboy
    12822 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah, he seems to be doing well.
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good win v Newcastle, nice to see two of your new signings score
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Man%20City%20Home_zps2o3bhvhv.png

Neither team could gain control in the first half, with both teams making sloppy passes.

But it only took 5 second half minutes for the visitors to open the scoring.
    Clichy whipped a great ball into the box to Yaya Toure, who powered his header past Butland.
    On the hour mark, Butland made a series of great saves to keep Stoke in the game.
    But all that hard work was undone, when he let in a soft shot from Cavani that nestled in the corner.
    Man City created more chances, but couldn't find the net again.

I'm not gonna sugar-coat it: We were terrible. We failed to get a single shot off, and even against a team like that, that isn't acceptable.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    QPR%20Home_zpsms1nb4hv.png

Charlie Austin lined up against his former side, after his £5 million pound move in January.
    Despite a lot of action in the first half, neither team could find the net.

15 minutes into the second half, Ryan Shawcross gave away a penalty, pulling down Adel Taarabt. Even though all of the contact was outside the box, Taarabt threw himself into the box, fooling the ref.
    Germain stepped up, but Butland guessed right, turning the ball away.
    Stoke had more of the game after that, but couldn't find a goal.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Everton%20Home_zpsnkrheobu.png

Stoke started well, but gradually got worse as the game went on.
    Jack Butland was outstanding, making many great saves to keep the Potters in the game.
    Stoke had a good chance on 75 minutes, with Matt Ritchie hitting the bar with a powerful shot from 25 yards.
    Austin had a brilliant chance near the end, but couldn't find the target from inside the box.

Both teams had chances, but again, neither were clinical enough to get a winner.
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    This topic has been added to the Community Spotlight - to showcase your excellent Career Mode Story, @ZzxL14MxzZ. Well done!