To The Terriers - Huddersfield Town (Formerly ACRNATB - Stoke City)

ZzxL14MxzZ
567 posts Sunday League Hero
edited July 2015
Cover_zpsxnjufzvz.png
Page 1-6

Cover_zpszy7vdjau.png
Page 7-
Post edited by ZzxL14MxzZ on

Comments

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited May 2015
    Hughes_zps5rujsfx3.png
  • FifaCity16
    711 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I thought this was true for a second haha :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Me_zpsycalenh6.png
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Good luck with this.

One part confused me, why are you using NerdCubed's logo and photo?
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Alastair wrote: »
    Good luck with this.

I just wanted to see if anyone would get the reference. It was only on that one article because I named the guy B McRacer :p
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Ritchie%20Flint%20Mason_zpsjnxahj4z.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    As always nice graphics. :) Okay team choice with some excellent signings especially as they're all ex Swindon. Good luck. B)
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    FifaCity16 wrote: »
    I thought this was true for a second haha :D

That's my goal with these, try and make people believe they're real :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    As always nice graphics. :) Okay team choice with some excellent signings especially as they're all ex Swindon. Good luck. B)

Thanks buddy! I tried a lower league team but couldn't get on with the random players, and not knowing how they play. Thanks, they've been decent in pre-season, so hopefully they'll grow well.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Luongo%20Wilson_zpsowvwi8og.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Sold_zpspaemgo86.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Woods%20Bellerin%20Loftus-Cheek_zpsydgw805t.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Begovic_zpsnjx0ntfg.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    ZzxL14MxzZ wrote: »

Thanks buddy! I tried a lower league team but couldn't get on with the random players, and not knowing how they play. Thanks, they've been decent in pre-season, so hopefully they'll grow well.
    Yeah their not the best unless you know some of the players irl. Signed 2 more players you had on the Swindon career. :o 3 more good signings especially Bellerin. Sad to see Begovic leave but Butland has potential so hopefully it'll allow him to grow more. :)
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    Good luck with this.

I just wanted to see if anyone would get the reference. It was only on that one article because I named the guy B McRacer :p

Yeah I recognised it. Can't remember which video it is from though.

Some great signings there. Shame to see Begocic leave but at least you have a decent replacement.

• ZzxL14MxzZ

Yeah their not the best unless you know some of the players irl. Signed 2 more players you had on the Swindon career. :o 3 more good signings especially Bellerin. Sad to see Begovic leave but Butland has potential so hopefully it'll allow him to grow more. :)

That's why I always go with Swindon. But I know most of Stoke's so they should be okay.
    It's nice to know you remember who I had :)
    Begovic was on ridiculous wages, and I think Butland can do as good a job. And Hopefully he'll be with us for a long time.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited May 2015
    Good luck with this.

Some great signings there. Shame to see Begocic leave but at least you have a decent replacement.

It's from the Dirt Rally Challenge video.

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    Aston%20Villa%20Home_zpsygfcf10k.png

Jack Butland was called into action just 5 minutes in, making a good diving save to deny Benteke at his near post.
    He was needed twice more in the next few minutes, making a couple of stretching saves.
    Stephen Ireland had Stoke's first chance of the game, narrowly missing the net from 20 yards out.
    But it was Villa who took the lead, just before the half hour. Cleverly played a great ball into Carrillo, who tucked the ball into the corner of the net.
    Mike Dean gave Villa a very soft penalty after the hour. Cleverly threw himself to the floor after the slightest contact with Huth, and the referee pointed to the spot.
    Benteke stepped up, and chipped the ball down the middle, past the diving Butland.
    Bojan had a good chance later on. After weaving his way into the box, his shot was well saved by Guzan.
    The Villa keeper had to make some big saves near the end, but held firm to keep a clean sheet.

A disappointing start to Liam McGuire's managerial career, but there were some good performances that will likely give him hope for the season.
  • Alastair
    10044 posts Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Not the best of starts. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif

I am disappointed by the lack of Cleverly cleverly winning a penalty puns though. 97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif

Good luck with this.

I didn't watch that one so he must have used it in several.

• ZzxL14MxzZ
    Alli%20Walton_zpspxxtqlmr.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited May 2015
    Not the best of starts. 499fd50bc713bfcdf2ab5a23c00c2d62.gif

I am disappointed by the lack of Cleverly cleverly winning a penalty puns though. 97ada74b88049a6d50a6ed40898a03d7.gif

Good luck with this.

I didn't watch that one so he must have used it in several.

First career on Legendary, so it may go very wrong.

Definitely missed a trick there :D I was too annoyed by the blatant dive yards after the contact.

Ahh I wouldn't be surprised, a lot of recurring jokes.
  • LaMertesackerRun

That's why I always go with Swindon. But I know most of Stoke's so they should be okay.
    Begovic was on ridiculous wages, and I think Butland can do as good a job. And Hopefully he'll be with us for a long time.
    Am quite familiar with most Champ and League 1 teams so know roughly who the best players are. Will free up a lot of funds.

2 more could signings for the future. Not the best start but nothing concerning.

Quite some game vs Sheffield United for Swindon wasn't it? :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    edited May 2015
    Hull%20Away_zps2u0q9wai.png

Quite a slow start to this game, with neither team able to break through the opposition's defences early on.
    After a good bit of play by Stoke, Peter Crouch opened the scoring.
    Cameron made space in the box before squaring the ball to Crouch, who fired a rocket into the back of the net, for Stoke's first goal under Liam McGuire.
    Butland made a brilliant save just after half time, rushing out at Abel's feet, but it was flagged for offside.
    Liam Rosenior was booked just after, for a reckless challenge on Pieters.
    The right back whipped the free kick into the box, right onto Crouch's head. His header was well saved, but the rebound came straight to him, and the striker volleyed it home.
    The home side grabbed one back 8 minutes from time.
    Rosenior's chipped ball into the box was headed down by Ramirez, and Livermore had a sniff at goal to wire the ball over the white line.

A better performance, with Crouch showing what he can do. Butland again was brilliant, pulling off some very important saves.
    Post edited by ZzxL14MxzZ on
  • ZzxL14MxzZ

Am quite familiar with most Champ and League 1 teams so know roughly who the best players are. Will free up a lot of funds.

2 more could signings for the future. Not the best start but nothing concerning.

Quite some game vs Sheffield United for Swindon wasn't it? :D

I tried Accrington, but didn't have a clue who any of their players were.

All of these signings are for the next few years, hopefully I'll last that long.

Unbelievable! I was behind the goal in the second leg and it was the best atmosphere I've ever witnessed. Absolute scenes! Not forgetting the pitch invasion :D
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Will%20Hughes_zps9qk5fqhk.png
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Man%20City%20Away_zps0ejufzsl.png

Diouf caused Man City some problems early on down the right, breaking into the box and letting fire.
    The striker almost opened the scoring, just firing over from the edge of the box.
    The home side opened the scoring just after half time. Oscar received the ball on the edge of the box, and fired it into the bottom corner.
    A funny substitution: Fernando came on for Fernandinho.
    Stoke City gave away their second penalty in two games. It looked as though Aguero took away Pieters' legs as he tried to clear the ball, but the referee gave the home side the penalty.
    Toure took the responsibility, and smashed the ball in.
    Matt Ritchie was given his first minutes for Stoke, and immediately stung the keeper's hands with a powerful shot.
    Aguero went very close in injury time, just missing the net with his powerful header.

A disappointing result, but it was expected. A good performance from Stoke, who could've grabbed a couple.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    DeadlineDay_zpsyzvz4iaq.png
  • LaMertesackerRun
    I tried Accrington, but didn't have a clue who any of their players were.

All of these signings are for the next few years, hopefully I'll last that long.

Unbelievable! I was behind the goal in the second leg and it was the best atmosphere I've ever witnessed. Absolute scenes! Not forgetting the pitch invasion :D
    Yeah should be good long term for the club.

Bet it was, must've been nervous at the end. Unbelievable game.

Superb signing in Hughes and good to see some deadwood no longer at the club.

Quite like your scorecard as well. ;)
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Leicester%20Home_zpschgx3mu0.png

A drastic change after the Man City loss, with Liam McGuire making 6 changes.
    The visitors opened the scoring after 15 minutes. Knockaert's cross found Vardy unmarked at the back post, and he beat Butland with a good low header.
    Stoke equalised just before half time. Will Hughes, on his debut, scored a wonder strike for his first goal with the club.
    A cross was cleared to the edge of the box, where Hughes was waiting. He took a touch, before striking the ball right into the top corner. A contender for goal of the season already!
    Victor Moses had the ball in the net, but he was offside in the build-up.
    Leicester went down the other end and got themselves a goal, and what a goal it was!
    King received the ball on the edge of the box, and curled it around Butland and right into the top corner of the net.
    But Stoke equalised just 13 minutes later.
    Assaidi made a great weaving run through the defence, before composing himself, and firing the ball into the back of the net.
    He almost got another minutes later. He got the ball on the edge of the box, but shot just wide.
    Stoke had a chance late on, but couldn't get a shot away.

A very on and off performance, with some real stand out players.
  • ZzxL14MxzZ
    Team_zpsjk7xpub7.png