Community Career (Everton) Preseason Over

Comments

• DaBeastModeTey
    87 posts Park Captain
    Have you decided when you will start the career?
  • DaBeastModeTey
    87 posts Park Captain
    Ok, I will do it. Have you decided on a team and when you will start the career?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    6214 posts Big Money Move
    Started it today with Everton. :)
  • DaBeastModeTey
    87 posts Park Captain
    Sweet, I will talk to the other Media Reporter to start.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Cool.
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Scout's Report

Right Back
    One position I believe we should address is that of backup right back. While Seamus Coleman is no doubt our number one we only have the veteran Tony Hibbert behind him (I presume we will focus on developing John Stones at centre back). My recommended target would be Michael from Almeria. The Brazilian is a pacey right back who is solid defensively but also offers a significant attacking threat. With only a year left on his contract we should be able to get the 24 year old for a reasonable fee and if we do he should provide adequate backup to Seamus Coleman. If we are unable to get Michael, Leeds right back Sam Byram would be my next suggestion. The Englishman has impressed over recent years in the Championship and looks ready to step up to the Premier League. At only 20 years old he has slightly more potential than Michael but this is likely to be reflected in a higher asking price.

Centre Back
    With current first team centre backs Jagielka, Distin and Alcaraz all over 30, centre back is an area which I feel we need to address. My first recommendation would be Jonny Evans. The Northern Irishman excels both in tackling and in heading and will provide use with plenty of Premier League experience having been at Manchester United since 2006. Having fallen out of the first team at Old Trafford we should be able to acquire him at a reasonable price. Another option at centre back is FC Nantes Papy Mison Djilobodji. He excels physically standing at 1.93m with good pace and strength and looks well suited to the Premier League. Finally may I suggest we look at Fabian Schar. The Basel defender may currently not be as good as Evans and Djilobodji but has the potential to surpass them both. However this potential is likely to be reflected in his price tag, so it may be best to wait until January when we could agree a precontract to sign him for free.

Central Midfield
    Central midfield is a position that the head coach has stated he wants to improve. I personally would suggest that we take a look at some of the Championship brightest young talents in Will Hughes of Derby and Lewis Cook of Leeds. Hughes would be our best bet if we are in search of a box to box midfielder who excels in passing and dribbling, while Cook would be best if we are searching for a more defensive minded midfielder. Should those two prove to be too expensive we could take a look at Danilo Cataldi of Lazio. The Italian is a similar player to Hughes but should hopefully be available for a much lesser price.

Striker
    The final position I suggest we should look at is up front. With only Lukaku and Kone as recognised first team strikers I feel we need to add some depth here. The player I would recommend is James Wilson of Manchester United. The youngster is highly talented and has great potential but with only a year left on his contract could be available for a permanent transfer. Given his potential I would highly suggest we pursue a permanent transfer if at all possible, but if this is option is not possible then we should still attempt to sign him on loan for the season.
  • DaBeastModeTey
    87 posts Park Captain
    edited May 2015
    G68rACd.png
    Everton looking to qualify for Europe

Everton is looking for a Euro Cup qualification in the upcoming season. The board has asked them for a fourth place finish or higher in the BPL, and to win the domestic cup. It is a very reasonable goal for a team of this caliber. Here are some of the key players that can help Everton achieve their goals.

Key Players: Howard, Barkley, Lukaku, Jagielka
    Post edited by LaMertesackerRun on
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Great start lads, 2 class updates :)
  • Ashy
    9479 posts League Winner
    edited May 2015
    Nj3h9QZ.png
    Everton have completed the deal for one of the most promising European central midfielders in the world for a fee just over £10 million, Kovacic has been reported to have signed a 5-year deal with the club and will earn £50k a week. For fans wanting to know what shirt number he will be wearing, Everton have just confirmed he will be taking number 13.

In other news:
    • Everton have agreed a fee with Crystal Palace of £6.3m for Arouna Kone, Everton are now lacking forwards with the Kone departure and that could mean a new signing in imminent.
    • Everton have failed to lure Schalke wonderkid Max Meyer, Schalke have been adamant they will not sell one of their future stars and a loan is out of the question.
    • Everton's pre-season fixtures have been announced, they will play Eidar (H), Metz (A) and Bordeaux (H).
    • Everton's Europa league group has been revealed, they will face FC Luzern, Lech Poznan, Fiorentina, a tricky group with Fiorentina proving the most challenging team.
  • Ashy
    9479 posts League Winner
    3ZdGUaq.png
    Everton is looking to win as they just signed three new players. Michel is a former Almeria back, has come to “the Blues” on a 4 year, €40k deal which Everton paid his former club €2.4 million. The other signings were James Wilson, former Man U front man, and Danny Ings, a former Burnley striker. The Wilson deal was for €5k a week, and 5 years. Ings was brought in on a €25k a week deal.
    ncVTXIl.png
  • CARSTER
    Three good signings and a nice win to begin preseason
  • Can I still join?
  • dannyboy
    12802 posts Has That Special Something
    Some excellent signings here. :) Kovacic for 10mil is a steal. :p
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Can I still join?
    Yeah sure, what role would you like?

Thanks Danny B)
  • dannyboy
    Oh there are several members in this. :p
  • LaMertesackerRun
    dannyboy wrote: »
    Oh there are several members in this. :p
    Yeah different people do different things :o
  • dannyboy
    Are there any spots left?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Yep the following roles are available; assistant head coach, director of football, scout, media reporter, board member, fan (some have members doing the role atm but there's room for more of them)
  • Ashy
    9479 posts League Winner
    XyE2z2p.png

61jMfvx.png

Transfer News:
    • Everton sign Centre-back Carlos Zambrano from Frankfurt for a fee of £3.7m, the player will earn around £45k a week.
    • Everton's youth goalkeeper Stanek has been loaned to Brighton for the rest of the reason.
  • Can I be a board member? Since I don't have too much time during the day.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Can I be a board member? Since I don't have too much time during the day.
    Yeah sure. :)
  • Ashy
    9479 posts League Winner
    fjB4yzF.png

Transfer News:
    • Tony Hibbert has been sold to Newcastle for a fee totalling £1.1m, the 34 year old says "It's a sad day for me because I have spent all my career playing for Everton but it's time for me to move on, I wish the club the best for this season".
  • CARSTER
    Good win to start the season
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    What a great signings! Kovacic is a world class midfielder in my opinion and Ings is a great striker, his pace is a real threat.
    Great start of the season, the goals came in the last 20 minutes
  • dannyboy
    Yep the following roles are available; assistant head coach, director of football, scout, media reporter, board member, fan (some have members doing the role atm but there's room for more of them)

I'll see if I have time, thinking about starting a thread soon.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited May 2015
    What a great signings! Kovacic is a world class midfielder in my opinion and Ings is a great striker, his pace is a real threat.
    Great start of the season, the goals came in the last 20 minutes
    Agreed some good signings by the head coach and scout. Was pretty close and boring until Naismith, Ings and Kovacic came on but then they dominated them B)
    dannyboy wrote: »

I'll see if I have time, thinking about starting a thread soon.
    Nice, what team you thinking about?
  • Ashy
    9479 posts League Winner
    edited June 2015
    MfHZSJg.png
    West Ham and Everton have reached a deal that will see Steven Pienaar join West Ham for a fee of £5.2m, it is understood the player wanted to leave after falling down the pecking order, the players agent already commented on rumours earlier in the month saying there were talks with other Premier League clubs and it looks like West Ham have won the race.

In other news:
    • Everton midfielder Leon Osman has rejected a £2.6m move to Serie A club Sampdoria, it is expected they will come in with a stronger bid however sources close to Everton say they will reluctant to sell after Osman's impressive form through pre-season.
    • Out of favour Francesco Junior has been sold to Rotherham for a fee totalling £140k
  • marceloavfc
    73 posts Park Captain
    Good fee for Pienaar, a player that used to be good in their first stint, but since he go back from Spurs never showed the same quality.
  • TheGreenMachine
    1716 posts Play-Off Hero
    Does this still go on ?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Does this still go on ?
    I could revive it if some of the original staff want to and still come online. I'll check later.