Community Career (Everton) Preseason Over

LaMertesackerRun
6214 posts Big Money Move
edited May 2015
Q. What is this "Community Career"?
A. It's an idea I've come up with that allows forum members to make decisions for a FIFA Career by this part of the forum. Members can choose from a number of different roles available to them meaning different people do different things. All you do is tell me to do certain things.

Q. What are the different roles and what do they do?
A. There are 7 different roles to choose from;
- Head coach (1 person); they primarily pick the team in addition to saying which areas they feel need improving within the squad. They also decide which players contracts to renew and which players to sell.
- Assistant head coach's (1-3 people); they help the manager make decisions regarding the team. They let the head coach know which players are playing well and which players are out of form. Also should the head coach not submit the team they want paying in time one of the assistant head coach's pick the team.
- Boardroom members (No limit on people); this is the role for those who want to be involved but are generally busy. The boardroom members have the control to change around the staff and have the most power out of all the roles. If they want to sell a player behind a player back then they can do so and can force members off staff to do what they want.
- Director of football (1 person); they are in charge of the football operations within the club. They have the power to get involved within the team if they feel they need. If they want they can give instructions to sign players.
- Scouts (1 person upwards); the scouts suggest players that they should sign in the positions they want players in. They also tell the manager about any weaknesses for the team we're playing next/soon.
- Media reporters (1-3 people); the media reporters tell the public and other members about any news, results, transfers etc for the club. They do the main updates within the thread and can choose how they do them. They can do scoreboards, articles or anything they want.
- Fans (any amount of people); they follow the team and give their thoughts on the team or transfers or any thoughts to do with the team we choose.

Q. Am I allowed more than 1 role?
A. People will have 1 role to begin with but if there's not enough people involved then they may take 2 roles.

Q. What if the role I want is taken?
A. Each season we will change the staff around a little bit so people can try different roles and do the one they might've wanted to primarily do.

Q. What team will we be?
A. The team will be decided by everyone getting involved with/viewing this. Participants will fill out a form to join and then I'll do a strawpoll to find the most popular team. Edit; the team chosen has been Everton.

Q. How long will be given for signups and when will this start?
A. The preliminary signups will end Monday 4PM (GMT) and a further 24 hours will be given to decide the team so this will start Tuesday afternoon. However if someone wants to join after this has started then they can. (This is if we get enough people to join). Edit; this has officially started.

Q. This has already started but can I join?
A. Yes if you want to join at any point of this that's cool, just let me know.

Q. What roles are already taken?
A. The roles that are taken will be posted beneath here;
Negotiator - LaMertesackerRun (I will negotiate the best price for transfer targets and players to sell to save us time)
Media reporter - Ashy
Board member - Alastair
Head coach - Clyn123
Scout - Carster
Fan - LaMertesackerRun
Media reporter - DaBeastModeTey
Board member - thebeast3000

Q. Is this on FIFA or Football Manager?
A. This will be done on FIFA 15.

Q. How do I join/what is the form?
A. To join you fill in the form below;
Preferred role;
The League I want the club to be in;
Preferred team in the League;

If you have any questions feel free to ask them. :)

Career timeline
Post edited by LaMertesackerRun on

Comments

• Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    edited May 2015
    Is this on Fifa 15 or Football Manager? Also I hope you get enough people interested in this because it is a great idea

Preferred role; Media reporter
    The League I want the club to be in; Barclays Premier League
    Preferred team in the League; 1. Arsenal 2. Manchester City 3. Southampton
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Ashy wrote: »
    Is this on Fifa 15 or Football Manager? Also I hope you get enough people interested in this because it is a great idea

Preferred role; Media reporter
    The League I want the club to be in; Barclays Premier League
    Preferred team in the League; 1. Arsenal 2. Manchester City 3. Southampton
    FIFA, don't have FM :(

Tried to do it on the last forum and had enough people so hopefully we'll have enough this time as well. ;)

• Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Is it possible to have more than one role?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited May 2015
    Is it possible to have more than one role?
    One to begin with but if there's not enough people then participants may take 2 roles. :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Good luck with this, this concept has never worked well before but I think you should be able to make it work.

For season one can I be a board member as I won't have much time during the next couple of weeks. (Don't worry my first action won't be to sack everyone else as do everything by myself).
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Alastair wrote: »
    Good luck with this, this concept has never worked well before but I think you should be able to make it work.

For season one can I be a board member as I won't have much time during the next couple of weeks. (Don't worry my first action won't be to sack everyone else as do everything by myself).
    Thanks, tbf my last one I didn't really have the team but if we get enough people this time it'll work. :)

Yep sure. :D
  • Can i be Head Coach!
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Clyn123 wrote: »
    Can i be Head Coach!
    Yep. :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Btw @Alastair and @Clyn123 what team/league would you like the club to be in?
  • I think it should be Tottenham or maybe Everton
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Can't stand Spurs :s
  • LaMertesackerRun
    I think it should be Tottenham or maybe Everton
    Thanks. :)
  • Alastair
    10035 posts Moderator
    Oh yeah sorry I forgot that. Definitely Premier League.

Either Palace, Southampton or Everton.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited May 2015
    Alastair wrote: »
    Oh yeah sorry I forgot that. Definitely Premier League.

Either Palace, Southampton or Everton.
    Thanks doesn't matter.

I'm thinking we could start this when we have 2/3 more people for the essential roles and then if anyone else wants to join after, we start then? Thoughts?

Am wondering if I should send messages to people who were in this last time I attempted this (the ones on this forum oc) to see if they want to be involved this time.
  • CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    Preferred role; Scout
    The League I want the club to be in; Premier League
    Preferred team in the League; Everton, Newcastle, Southampton, Hull
  • LaMertesackerRun
    CARSTER wrote: »
    Preferred role; Scout
    The League I want the club to be in; Premier League
    Preferred team in the League; Everton, Newcastle, Southampton, Hull
    Thanks, will be a PL team then.

Hopefully we can start this in a day or two when we have 1/2 more people involved. :)
  • Nice can't wait
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    Looks like Everton could be the favourite right now
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Nice can't wait
    Good. :p
    Looks like Everton could be the favourite right now
    Looks a strong contender definitely.
  • LaMertesackerRun
    I think Everton seems the most popular team, anybody rather not go with them? Otherwise I think that's the team we should go for.
  • Ashy
    9559 posts League Winner
    They are not one of my favourite teams but on the other hand I don't hate them like other teams so I'm okay with it :)
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited May 2015
    They are not one of my favourite teams but on the other hand I don't hate them like other teams so I'm okay with it :)
    Could be worse, might've been Spurs. :#

Everton have got some good youngsters as well which always helps in Career Mode.

This'll get started tomorrow so any transfer bids to be made (by the Head Coach) and any players to loan out/sell need to be messaged to me soon.

Btw the squads will be download latest.

• Try to get a midfielder like Kovacic, Tielemans, Meyer
  • A guy like dries mertens or callejon
  • LaMertesackerRun
    I'll bid/enquire for those players. Will Pm their responses to enquiries to you.

Has the scout suggested any players for you to sign?

When we get a Director of Football they'll be dealing with transfer bids for all those players btw, you'll say which areas need improving.

• CARSTER
    300 posts Sunday League Hero
    I will come up with some targets later, reckon we could do with a new backup rb, cb, cm and back up st, any other positions you want me to look at
  • DaBeastModeTey
    87 posts Park Captain
    I want to be Media Reporter but how does this work?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    edited May 2015
    I want to be Media Reporter but how does this work?
    I simulate the career on FIFA with other members making decisions on the career. The media reporter/s do the updates with club news/matches (unless they can't or don't want to). Any more questions feel free to ask.
  • DaBeastModeTey
    87 posts Park Captain
    So if i am media reporter, would you just give us results on a forum, and we just create articles on a different forum to let people know?
  • LaMertesackerRun
    Yeah I'd private message you and the other media reporter.