The Ligue 1 POTM SBC has temporarily taken down & will return at a later time, updates to follow today PST on this FIFA Direct twitter thread. Forum thread discussing the issue is here.

Does Being Competitive Require TOO Much Game Time?

FallXFire
126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
This year you have 40 games a week of weekend league, plus qualifying and any seasons games you do.

That is like an average of 10 games a day every day of the week if you want to do even 1 seasons game a week and qualify and play WL game.

Does anyone think that is just too much? I don't even enjoy playing fifa that much and don't like being forced to because if not I don't get rewards. Right now it feels like I need 2 hrs minimum of Fifa a day just to not 'fall behind' on the games....

Comments

• Realist
    3039 posts National Call-Up
    Nobody is forcing you to do WL so nothing to worry about.

• FallXFire
    edited November 2016
    Realist wrote: »

No one forces me to go to work either but I want to get rewarded?

I just don't see why I have to play more FIFA than I want if not I miss out on rewards. And the sheer amount of time in hours required per week to get everything done feels excessive. People have lives you know and we'd like to NOT be penalized for it...

Even 30 games instead of 40 would be way more reasonable. PC has 25 games for example?
  • Realist
    FallXFire wrote: »

Sh*t analogy. Sorry. You don't get paid to play FIFA. You get paid to go to work. Last time I checked selling OTW Cards ain't gonna put food on my table.
  • JayUnited9
    1095 posts Professional

Sh*t analogy. Sorry. You don't get paid to play FIFA. You get paid to go to work. Last time I checked selling OTW Cards ain't gonna put food on my table.

Come off it. You know what he means. 40 games in a weekend is way to excessive. Of course nobody is forced to play them but if you want a worthwhile reward you will have to play almost all the games.
  • Realist
    JayUnited9 wrote: »

Come off it. You know what he means. 40 games in a weekend is way to excessive. Of course nobody is forced to play them but if you want a worthwhile reward you will have to play almost all the games.

Yeah I know what he means but it's like with anything - the more you put in then the more you get out right? to me the idea of playing the WL sounds like a nightmare because I know people who have done it and they say how much of a sweat fest it is. Plus I know I won't be able to commit to more than maybe 10 games over a weekend. Do I feel disadvantaged because of it? Nah. Down to people's choice end of the day.
  • RadioShaq
    15395 posts Moderator
    This game is built on time invested though. I mean trading is all time invested to get better players. Should they limit trading because not everyone has that kind of time?
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Put it this way. How did you get on last year? There were no weekend rewards, did you play? Did you have any fun at all? If the answer to the last questions is 'no' then why are you playing this year?

There has to be a top level for serious players to play for. I haven't once completed all 40 games in a weekend. I don't have to. This weekend, I did 7, won 5. I could have carried on playing Sunday night but a friend messaged me and I went there instead, blazed up and watched Planet Earth. I could have carried on and tried for a higher rank but it doesn't matter.

The weekend league is a bonus. I play what I can and enjoy the free packs and coins. I accept that I don't play as much as others. Some people will play 20 games a day and if they do, all power to them on the rewards they get. It doesn't affect you at all so why care? You didn't have it last year, were you bothered? If it was designed to purely cater for us casual players, the hardcore players wouldn't benefit for, you know, being hard core.

Such an entitled attitude people have these days. It's every weekend. There will be tons of weekend leagues. I'll finish bronze, silver, gold acorns various weekends. If I don't qualify, guess what? I'm not bothered! It's a bonus, I'll do what I can while remembering that it's a game that will be replaced in 10 months time, where I'll start all over again.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

Thats always been the case though.

Play 4 times as many games as someone last season and you would get 4 times as much reward
  • Fletch
    3513 posts National Call-Up
    There's plenty of time to play the allotted 40 WL games. Across the 3 days, all you need to do is play for about 4.5 hours each day if you want to get them all completed. It takes no longer than 20 minutes to complete a game. Yet again, you don't have to play all 20 and you shouldn't feel as though you have too.
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    As someone who probably won't ever finish all 40 games or even try to qualify every week, I think this is really childish. "I want what the same amount of cookies as they have"

Why shouldn't the players you play loads more get better rewards? That's the point of a tier system and it exists everywhere. Some people put aside more time to work and stay late unpaid to get further. Do you deserve the same promotions because it's not fair you don't have the time to put in the effort? You're just as good as them for 5 hours a day, not your fault they put in 10 hours a day, they shouldn't get any sort of advantage. Come on.
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    Peter wrote: »

Thats always been the case though.

Play 4 times as many games as someone last season and you would get 4 times as much reward

I fear reason may be lost here mate, may be better to quit while we're ahead and let them drown in each other's tears
  • Realist
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

Yeah I know what he means but it's like with anything - the more you put in then the more you get out right? to me the idea of playing the WL sounds like a nightmare because I know people who have done it and they say how much of a sweat fest it is. Plus I know I won't be able to commit to more than maybe 10 games over a weekend. Do I feel disadvantaged because of it? Nah. Down to people's choice end of the day.

But you are, that's literally the definition of the word lol.

its my choice though. If I come across a team that is better than mine on paper and they beat me convincingly I'm not gonna blame it on some league that I choose not to play in where other people reap the rewards from. By that reasoning I should maybe blame it on the fact it's unfair that people trade, get millions of coins and buy the best players, or people who spend hundreds on points and use those coins to buy better players.

"It's all so unfair. I don't want to do any of the above but I am disadvantaged because of it given that I don't want to invest in the game as much as others. "

That's pretty much the gist of the OP.

That's how stupid it sounds.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Yes, if you want to be competitive you'll have to spend more time than the usual gamer.

But it's a game, just go at your own pace. If you don't want to compete in the WL, you can always splash some cash on packs, it's not like EA doesn't give you that option.

Honestly, you're not missing out much by not competing in the WL, it's very tiring. But EA have taken a good step in that direction by providing hardcore players with more content. It doesn't work with everyone but if you want to be rewarded, be prepared to spend more time.
  • FallXFire
    edited November 2016
    Alp_2760 wrote: »
    As someone who probably won't ever finish all 40 games or even try to qualify every week, I think this is really childish. "I want what the same amount of cookies as they have"

Why shouldn't the players you play loads more get better rewards? That's the point of a tier system and it exists everywhere. Some people put aside more time to work and stay late unpaid to get further. Do you deserve the same promotions because it's not fair you don't have the time to put in the effort? You're just as good as them for 5 hours a day, not your fault they put in 10 hours a day, they shouldn't get any sort of advantage. Come on.

By that logic why is there even a list to the number of WL league games?

Again, PC has 25 games. And after you finish the WL games it DOESN'T matter how much you play; you can play 100 seasons games and not get anywhere near the rewards for WL games. Why doesn't playing more games suddenly balance out? Because its not about that at all. It's about finishing an annoying specific amount of games.

So why does it have to reward people who don't get burned out playing this much? Or kids who have endless amounts of time?

That is the thing; I HAVE played my 40 weekend league games last 2 weeks in a row. For me it starts making every game much less fun though. Sorry I'm someone who would go entire years playing like 300-400 games and happy with it because I didn't feel I was getting less for playing less once I got to a higher division.

Now it feels like if I don't play ALL 40 games + qualifying I am simply not using my time efficiently. What is even the point of WL really if you play less than 10 games? Why does this game have to start feeling like World of Warcraft where its about how much time you put in above all? 40 games just feels excessive. This is a high intensity game and not something should have to spend 4 hours a day playing. almost 3 times as long as an actual freaking soccer game.

I got to division 1 the last 2 seasons and I didn't need to play all day to do it. Now to get the highest achievement I need to play like 4 times more on average per day.
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner

I just don't see why I have to play more FIFA than I want if not I miss out on rewards. And the sheer amount of time in hours required per week to get everything done feels excessive. People have lives you know and we'd like to NOT be penalized for it...

how do you not see why this is the case.... the rewards are for playing a ton. want a big reward u need a big time commitment. want to just play a bit, that's fine, you just get a bit of reward.

do you think u should get the same pay as someone who works three times the hours as you? or as someone with two jobs?

the WL is supposed to separate the average gamer from the intense gamer, and IMO does just that. I haven't qualified once, don't have the time this year. but I'm not bothered
    RadioShaq wrote: »
    This game is built on time invested though. I mean trading is all time invested to get better players. Should they limit trading because not everyone has that kind of time?

truth
    Alp_2760 wrote: »

Such an entitled attitude people have these days.

at least one person.

• noxnox
    127 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was really upset when it was just Saturday and Sunday, because 40 games between 2 days is straight up unhealthy. The inclusion of the Friday and the extension of the time on Sunday have been great though. I played all 40 games the first week they changed it, and 35 the next one. This week I might play even less, we'll see. But 3 days for 40 games is not too excessive. Of course, 25 games like on PC would be much better.
  • FallXFire
    edited November 2016

how do you not see why this is the case.... the rewards are for playing a ton. want a big reward u need a big time commitment. want to just play a bit, that's fine, you just get a bit of reward.

do you think u should get the same pay as someone who works three times the hours as you? or as someone with two jobs?

**** logic. Then should the D10 person who can't qualify but play 24 hrs get better rewards than a WL player?

It is NOT supposed to be about amount of time played, it is supposed to be about winning. But now its winning AND amount of time played.

Never felt like that before ever.

the WL is supposed to separate the average gamer from the intense gamer, and IMO does just that. I haven't qualified once, don't have the time this year. but I'm not bothered

Then of course you don't care. Who are you to even talk about this then?

If you can't qualify then you are in the same boat as last year.

You want to get with this year's up to date version? You got to play an average of 3 hrs a day regardless of skill because that is just how long you have to play. Again it is a completely arbitrary number that is way too excessive. 25 games they have on PC WL is way more reasonable.

That is completely subjective and you have less than any right to call me wrong and only look like brat trying. Shove off.

Especially the ones who think their opinion on something completely subjective can make them try and down talk anyone. More than entitled he is just an arse.

By the lamo's logic here sucking and playing 100 D10 games should get you better rewards just because 'you played more.' Never has worked that way and it never should. What he suggests doesn't even make sense by his own justifications.
  • Danic123
    3114 posts National Call-Up
    The FUT Championships is the real deal this FIFA. It's the best way to show how good you are and has a real competitive edge. Past FIFA's I would get to D1 online & offline and then sack it off. I would get bored of it.

I don't get the time to play 40 games, so I can't test myself against the best and see where I fall. I can't see why it can't be changed to allow more time to complete 40 games. I haven't seen one worthwhile point as to why it should not be increased.

People drone on about hardcore gamers. Well if they truly are hardcore, they will be likely be the best & will have great teams. That is their reward. They will spend more time on FIFA regardless of whether the 40 games is on one day or over 5. They will always get their reward. Just like on every other FIFA that didn't have FUT Championships.

It's not the rewards I'm truly bothered about missing out on. I've got two teams I'm close to being very happy with. I just want to test myself.
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner

**** logic. Then should the D10 person who can't qualify but play 24 hrs get better rewards than a WL player?

It is NOT supposed to be about amount of time played, it is supposed to be about winning. But now its winning AND amount of time played.

Never felt like that before ever.

Then of course you don't care. Who are you to even talk about this then?

If you can't qualify then you are in the same boat as last year.

You want to get with this year's up to date version? You got to play an average of 3 hrs a day regardless of skill because that is just how long you have to play. Again it is a completely arbitrary number that is way too excessive. 25 games they have on PC WL is way more reasonable.

That is completely subjective and you have less than any right to call me wrong and only look like brat trying. Shove off.

Especially the ones who think their opinion on something completely objective. More than entitled he is just an arse.

By the lame logic here sucking and playing 100 D10 games should get you better rewards just because 'you played more.' Never has worked that way and it never should.
    Ay1G7T7.gif

• RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    reading this thread, conclusion people take this game too seriously.
  • LoboNobo
    6442 posts Big Money Move
    To answer OP's question: ask pro gamers who spend 12+ hours per day playing CS, LoL, DOTA, SC2 etc
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Not really. I play usually max 45 games of FIFA per week (including the 40 of the WL) and i still manage good amounts of wins.

Think the last two weeks i've played less than 3 games during the week
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    This year you have 40 games a week of weekend league, plus qualifying and any seasons games you do.

That is like an average of 10 games a day every day of the week if you want to do even 1 seasons game a week and qualify and play WL game.

Does anyone think that is just too much? I don't even enjoy playing fifa that much and don't like being forced to because if not I don't get rewards. Right now it feels like I need 2 hrs minimum of Fifa a day just to not 'fall behind' on the games....

You are ruining your own enjoyment.

You don;t have to play 10 games a day. You don;t have to play all 40 WL games.

Just do what ever it is you want to do.
  • Clancy
    7757 posts League Winner
    maxresdefault.jpg
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    Want rewarded well? Put the time and effort in.
  • KaverHansen
    432 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ffs.

Theres huge rewards un wl like totw packs so of course its hard and alot of games. Its not for everybody yet everybody still think they are entitled to it.

**** off with your crying, ea will mess up wl if you girls keep making threads about this.

Competetive is meant to be hard
  • FallXFire

[/quote]

You are ruining your own enjoyment.

You don;t have to play 10 games a day. You don;t have to play all 40 WL games.

Just do what ever it is you want to do. [/quote]

Missing the point. No one should have to play 40 games instead of 25. Playing 40 games doesn't make you more skilled than playing 25 and the rewards of WL are really about skill and NOT about dumb amounts of play time.

Idk how anyone could possible argue it is not supposed to be based on skill 1st and foremost; right now it is more like WoW. It's all about who has the least life and can sit there for 5 hrs a day LOL.

Goes with how this game is requiring less skill every year I guess. #MakeDribblingGreatAgain

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    Fletch wrote: »
    There's plenty of time to play the allotted 40 WL games. Across the 3 days, all you need to do is play for about 4.5 hours each day if you want to get them all completed. It takes no longer than 20 minutes to complete a game. Yet again, you don't have to play all 20 and you shouldn't feel as though you have too.

You don't have to play all forty in a weekend. What's more, you don't even need to compete every weekend.

Some weekends I have stuff going on and I barely play games at all. Other weekend I wind up with Nintendo thumb because it's on. Yeah, if you want to play WL every week, and max out your performance every time, it's a lot of games.

So maybe don't?

I play World of Warships. I kept saying I was gonna get more ranked battles in this season. I didn't. So I didn't get as high as I could have (because I was kicking **** and taking names when I did play). Oh well. I still had fun, and my life still has meaning.

That they've provided enough challenge to fill all the free time you care to give them is a good thing.
  • Reece Tha BEAST
    17022 posts World Class
    Fletch wrote: »

I still have no clue how people are doing this :joy: