SBC Giovinco

Raf89
148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
So i'm about to start this SBC and was wondering about what he would cost right now? I read something around 150K, is he worth this? And is this lower right now with BF coming?

Comments

• Dead Whip
    560 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He's worth 500k in my eyes, by far the best player I've used

He cost around 200k when I did it but that was a while back.

He's 100% worth it though regardless of price
  • No_NaMe
    9253 posts League Winner
    Cost me 165k, finished it a couple of weeks ago. 100% worth it and is a fantastic player. Ended up costing me 80-85k after rewards
  • Raf89
    Dead Whip wrote: »
    He's worth 500k in my eyes, by far the best player I've used

He cost around 200k when I did it but that was a while back.

He's 100% worth it though regardless of price

Thanks, heard good things about him so that's why I'm starting now lol... was the 200k pre packs?
  • Sir Lew1s
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Think he cost me 200k and I would pay double that.
    I'm looking to find another player that I can rely on as much as him
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Can somebody please explain why he is regarded as so good? I tried the normal version in draft and he was decent, is the SBC a major improvement? If so, why (talking about in-game as the face stats are of course improved)
  • Henstock
    2702 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can somebody please explain why he is regarded as so good? I tried the normal version in draft and he was decent, is the SBC a major improvement? If so, why (talking about in-game as the face stats are of course improved)

He can do it all, his only weakness is well being weak. I shove a dead eye on him and he can pinpoint pass and shoot from anywhere! His free kicks are ridiculous too, plus 91 pace
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    Henstock wrote: »

He can do it all, his only weakness is well being weak. I shove a dead eye on him and he can pinpoint pass and shoot from anywhere! His free kicks are ridiculous too, plus 91 pace

Gracias Henstock! In terms of the SB, I understand that it would be incredibly expensive to do now. Do you have any idea? Have you done it recently?
  • Dead Whip
    He's rapid which is obviously the first thing people look for, he's 4* 4*, can play anywhere from cam-striker effectively although you really should play him as a striker.

He's agile and has an incredible shot, high passing means he links well with wingers or a strike partner and his set pieces are top notch.

He also has very high balance so doesn't get pushed off the ball easily, I have him up top with sbc Jonas and they're a dream
  • Raf89

Gracias Henstock! In terms of the SB, I understand that it would be incredibly expensive to do now. Do you have any idea? Have you done it recently?

Don't think his price will drop that much as most mls player will still be kinda price fixed... unless you have the patience to snipe, which I unfortunately don't have, you can save a lot
  • Blackpoolmonster
    3972 posts National Call-Up
    He's the best player I've used all year. Better than any legend I've used and any striker.

I really rushed it and it ended up costing me 300k. Just smashed through it to get him.
    He pulls me through so many WL games and seasons games it's unreal.

He's electric, pace, shooting and amazingly agile and quick dribbling. He does get knocked off the ball a lot, but that's to be expected. However, his runs are what make him stand out for me. Like no other player I've used he actually runs into space between defenders, give him a through ball and NOBODY is catching him. Smalling, Ramos etc not one of them will get hold of him.

The only issue is he already has one IF, he's bound to get another at some point so would that IF match or exceed the SBC? Bare that in mind, if it's not an issue crack on because he's unreal.
  • ChristopherOC3
    332 posts Sunday League Hero
    He's rapid which is obviously the first thing people look for, he's 4* 4*, can play anywhere from cam-striker effectively although you really should play him as a striker.

He's agile and has an incredible shot, high passing means he links well with wingers or a strike partner and his set pieces are top notch.

He also has very high balance so doesn't get pushed off the ball easily, I have him up top with sbc Jonas and they're a dream

What team do you have with Jonas and Gio in? I've got Jonas, but cannot find a team I like him in.
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    He's the best player I've used all year. Better than any legend I've used and any striker.

I really rushed it and it ended up costing me 300k. Just smashed through it to get him.
    He pulls me through so many WL games and seasons games it's unreal.

He's electric, pace, shooting and amazingly agile and quick dribbling. He does get knocked off the ball a lot, but that's to be expected. However, his runs are what make him stand out for me. Like no other player I've used he actually runs into space between defenders, give him a through ball and NOBODY is catching him. Smalling, Ramos etc not one of them will get hold of him.

The only issue is he already has one IF, he's bound to get another at some point so would that IF match or exceed the SBC? Bare that in mind, if it's not an issue crack on because he's unreal.

You Sir bring compelling arguments. Also, I do appreciate the pragmatism as I think you are right, his next IF is bound to match the SBC card and when considering that his first IF is 60k I do not see the SIF going for more than 80-90k (considerably more than the cost of the SBC). Decisions, decisions ...
  • Henstock

Cost me about 170k a month ago, that doesn't include my rewards from packs or the 20k you get back so he was probs 135k. On Black Friday some people may list the player for cheaper to get a quick sale so just be on your toes! Don't rush it otherwise the cost will skyrocket
  • Ginch goes u90
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Finished it for about 110k before rewards a month ago.
    Don't do it all in one sitting space out the sniping for a few days, probably could have saved even more but I had sold up to do it and I was itching to play again after 3 days or market watching

He's phenomenal though could have saved time and spent more if I knew how good he'd be. Use him as a cam or cf though he's so good at passing and shooting from distance he's perfect there and he's so quick you'll still be able to make runs through the defense

40 goals, 22 assists in 36 games for me and have relatively cheap players around him
  • Whoman
    5559 posts Big Money Move
    In this game agility is just super important, especially against PtB. Seriously, if he gets the ball anywhere in the center, there is literally no way to defend him 1 on 1 because he turns so quickly. This then opens up angles for bringing others into play.

He is basically the 85% version of Del Piero who is going for 1.5 mio.
  • Ghotti
    3286 posts National Call-Up
    Why not buy if for 50k.....
  • Tietherope
    10063 posts Has That Special Something

How much did SBC Jonas cost to do?
  • Henstock
    Ghotti wrote: »
    Why not buy if for 50k.....

Not as good.....
  • jamie
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    if you're in no rush I'd recommend opening some bronze packs. Only reason I done it was because I had like 8 or 9 pages of bronzes/silvers from doing so. Ended up making 20k from the full sbc
  • Mighty-TrIstan
    jamie wrote: »
    if you're in no rush I'd recommend opening some bronze packs. Only reason I done it was because I had like 8 or 9 pages of bronzes/silvers from doing so. Ended up making 20k from the full sbc

Great tip there.
  • Raf89
    edited November 2016

Might be worth giving a try, but how many packs did you open? AS most bronzes aren't that expensive and most requirements are 65+, wouldn't it be better to open silver packs @jamie ?
  • D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I don't think we are in danger of him getting a second IF unless he does something special in the MLS semis/finals. If he doesn't the MLS is done until early next year so you won't see another IF from him until March probably.

I think it ended up costing me about 250k-280k to do the entire SBC but I have always sold most of my cards so I didn't have a lot of MLS players in the bank to use as a starting point.

I only came across his NIF card by chance because my first team was built with Italians and I would agree with everyone here... he is basically Messi for cheap.
  • JoeAVFC1986
    1160 posts Professional
    Ive got him and had him since the first week, amazing player well worth the 150k it cost
  • Olleman
    13268 posts Has That Special Something
    I will defo get him when I have bought a team I feel happy with and can spare a few coins :)
  • Raf89
    Olleman wrote: »
    I will defo get him when I have bought a team I feel happy with and can spare a few coins :)

yeah have about 250K to spare right now so thought why not, but am very impatient and after 2 teams already 45k in lol
  • Andy99TradeZ
    14423 posts Has That Special Something
    Olleman wrote: »

• illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    He cost me around 200k, I would recommend getting him
  • jamie
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    Raf89 wrote: »

Might be worth giving a try, but how many packs did you open? AS most bronzes aren't that expensive and most requirements are 65+, wouldn't it be better to open silver packs @jamie ?
    Raf89 wrote: »

I have opened quite a few. I don't think it's possible to lose coins doing so though. I haven't anyway.

• Dead Whip
    @Tietherope Jonas cost around 220k

I'm not sure how to post images of my squad from my phone or if it's even possible but it's a 41212 team with Jonas and Gio, I used to have Zola at cam but sold him to buy back during BF

• M98H
    13151 posts Has That Special Something
    He Is brilliant for the price you pay