The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FUTBIN Prices to Excel

Barslund
4644 posts National Call-Up
Sitting here geeking around with keeping track of my FUT trading in Excel.

Got me wondering, if anyone knows a way to extract the current lowest BIN price from FUTBIN, so it would be auto updated in Excel, instead of manually doing it?

Looked at the code in Developer mode, and can only see the data hardcoded in.

Any fellow geeks that can help me out? :D

Comments

• wijnaldum16
    3890 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2016
    I was looking at their code the other day and figured out nothing :grimace:

You could potentially write a Macro that does this:

1. You type the player name in a certain cell
    2. Run the Macro
    3. The Macro copies the player's name
    4. The Macro opens up FUTBIN and pastes the player's name (or places it in the URL or something)
    5. The Macro copies his price from FUTBIN
    6. The Macro pastes it back in Excel
  • Barslund
    @wijnaldum16 , that could be one way of doing it.

Do you start working on it ASAP? :p
  • wijnaldum16
    Barslund wrote: »

Well, I do need to do some Excel stuff...

Nah you do it actually :lol:
  • wijnaldum16
    It is a good idea actually, might give it a go tomorrow if I have the time :grimace:
  • InfernaL
    1451 posts Play-Off Hero
    I thought I was the only one keeping track of my investments in excel lol. But I only really keep track of all the special cards that I ever owned, whether it was pack pulled or bought. Last year I ended up having a record of 500 IFs, and about 4m in profit from trading them.
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    interesting idea, let us know if this works out!
  • Barslund

My eyes are already squared from looking at Excel all day :D

Building some-kind of template for people to use, could be kinda fun, but not sure I have the time with this new IB-job.
  • Barslund
    edited November 2016
    @wijnaldum16 , I looked further into it, and it's indeed possible to do.

Only limitation is that it will only run on windows.

You need to create some VBA code.
    Using that VBA code you need to create an Internet Explorer object, which is not possible on OSX, due to not having IE.
    And I'm primarily running OSX, so I won't take this project any further.

Edit:
    I wonder if it's possible in Google Docs instead...
  • Bob Loblaw
    11247 posts Has That Special Something
    Okay so how it all works is that FUTBIN writes a program to constantly check the Web App for player prices

And you're idea would involve writing a program to check FUTBIN.

Why not cut out the middle man and write the program to check the Web App yourself.

You could set it to search for specific players every hour for example and update the price in your spreadsheet.

• Barslund
    @Bob Loblaw , because I'm fairly certain it's much easier to extract the data from FUTBIN than the Webapp.

Actually just solved the problem by switching from Excel to Google Docs.

This formula will return the price table for Xbox IF N'Zonzi in Google Docs.

=IMPORTHTML("http://www.futbin.com/17/player/15235/N'Zonzi";"table";2)
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2016
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »
    Okay so how it all works is that FUTBIN writes a program to constantly check the Web App for player prices

Why not cut out the middle man and write the program to check the Web App yourself.

You could set it to search for specific players every hour for example and update the price in your spreadsheet.
    My guess would be its like 1000 times easier to extract data from a website code and put it into Excel than writing an interface to log in into web app, search the market, get the price of a player and of course not get banned in the process. Btw if you get to this point and it works sucessfully, you might aswell turn the program into an autobuyer as you have 90% of it done already.
  • wijnaldum16
    @wijnaldum16 , I looked further into it, and it's indeed possible to do.

Only limitation is that it will only run on windows.

You need to create some VBA code.
    Using that VBA code you need to create an Internet Explorer object, which is not possible on OSX, due to not having IE.
    And I'm primarily running OSX, so I won't take this project any further.

Edit:
    I wonder if it's possible in Google Docs instead...

Application.YourBrowser might work?

I looked into it earlier, it actually does look fairly easy. Hardest part will be pasting the data from FUTBIN, but that shouldn't be too big a problem.
  • Barslund
    @wijnaldum16 , I'm making progress with Google Docs.

It's actually kinda fun to play around with.
  • wijnaldum16
    edited November 2016

Building some-kind of template for people to use, could be kinda fun, but not sure I have the time with this new IB-job.

@Barslund I'm applying for jobs as a Financial Analyst right now, it wouldn't hurt to start writing some VBA programmes as practice tbh :grimace:
  • wijnaldum16
    @wijnaldum16 , I'm making progress with Google Docs.

It's actually kinda fun to play around with.

Oh yeah? Nice one. Yeah stuff like this usually is fun to do tbh, I'll try the VBA tomorrow if I get time.
  • Barslund
    edited November 2016

@Barslund I'm applying for jobs as a Financial Analyst right now, it wouldn't hurt to start writing some VBA programmes as practice tbh :grimace:

I officially started as an Private Equity associate today. No, it wouldn't hurt. :smile:
  • wijnaldum16

I officially started as an Private Equity associate today. No, it wouldn't hurt. :smile:

Nice one! Yeah Excel is so amazing sometimes, my entire Uni dissertation was done on it :sunglasses:
  • Barslund
    edited November 2016
    @wijnaldum16 & others

Here's a link from Google Docs pulling data from FUTBIN

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nS6aWQhT-pDNf4n1UPRQiWKBT55W1GfHZ2Wq2P-nmqY/edit?usp=sharing

Only input cells are the URL

I don't think It's updating as it should, but there is a work-around for it.
    Price only works between 1,000 and 999,000 due to the formating, but I'm sure that can be fixed if you change the formula - but who cares... there are only 10 cards in the game priced above 1 mill. coins.

I'm not to happy about how Google Docs handles autofilling of tables, so ideally this should be done in Excel.
  • wijnaldum16
    @wijnaldum16 & others

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nS6aWQhT-pDNf4n1UPRQiWKBT55W1GfHZ2Wq2P-nmqY/edit?usp=sharing

Price only works between 1,000 and 999,000 due to the formating, but I'm sure that can be fixed if you change the formula - but who cares... there are only 10 cards in the game priced above 1 mill. coins.

I'm not to happy about how Google Docs handles autofilling of tables, so ideally this should be done in Excel.

Quality work mate! I'm sure the formula must be able to somehow take it over 1 million, but yeah it's pretty pointless atm. It's a start more than anything, and it works. I just opened it on my phone, will have a proper look when I have access to my laptop tomorrow. Otherwise nice one.
  • Barslund
    @wijnaldum16 & others

Quality work mate! I'm sure the formula must be able to somehow take it over 1 million, but yeah it's pretty pointless atm. It's a start more than anything, and it works. I just opened it on my phone, will have a proper look when I have access to my laptop tomorrow. Otherwise nice one.

It is possible to make it work for whatever value.

It's just that the output from the "importhtml" function is a table, where i pick 1 cell from that table, which is the price.
    Unfortunately on futbin it's not only the price but written like "1st X,XXX"
    I removed the "1st" through a 'split' function, and google recognises "," as comma, so as soon you start going above 999.000 it reads it as 1 comma 000 comma 000, and can't read it as a number.
    Just need to figure out a way to remove the comma's, so only the numerical values are returned.

But again...
    For more extensive use, I would much rather have all of this in Excel, as is lacking in functionality when it comes to tables, and I'm not sure if HTML pulls is limited somehow?

Put a little bit more work into this, and people would definitely be able to use it as a tool for keeping track of their investments.

• benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    Thats really good so far, I've always wondered why futhead/futbin haven't implemented something like this - considering futhead used to have FUTSync which would work really well with it.
  • Virok
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Why do you guys don't use a list option that fut bin provides?
    You can create your own list, that how I am following my players price.
  • Barslund
    Virok wrote: »

Because it's very limited, if you want to keep track of your historial trading activities.

The Google Docs I linked is just the initial work, but adding on to it, you can builld a table that includes all your trading activities.
    From that, you will be able to analyse your profit from each TOTW, player type, name, period, etc... depending on how much information you put down.

You can further extend that into Pivot tables / Figures if you like.
    All of which is fairly easy, the hard part is getting updating data from FUTBIN.
  • wijnaldum16
    Virok wrote: »

You can further extend that into Pivot tables / Figures if you like.
    All of which is fairly easy, the hard part is getting updating data from FUTBIN.

I wouldn't go with Pivot tables myself, there are better options. I'll give this a good today at some point.
  • benjisince93
    1237 posts Professional
    @wijnaldum16 how did you get on?
  • wijnaldum16
    @wijnaldum16 how did you get on?

@benjisince93 haven't had time mate, need to properly put effort into it. Will be a weekend job now tbh
  • you could just use the app lol. it does all of that for you
  • wyninho
    1 posts Ball Boy
    Do you know what table you would have to enter to gain their stats? I am trying to create a regression so to be able to value players properly.
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    Bob Loblaw wrote: »

My guess would be its like 1000 times easier to extract data from a website code and put it into Excel than writing an interface to log in into web app, search the market, get the price of a player and of course not get banned in the process. Btw if you get to this point and it works sucessfully, you might aswell turn the program into an autobuyer as you have 90% of it done already.

Lol quality.