Cannot connect to EA servers after a certain time! (NSW Australia, ISP: Optus)

Steelcitysniper
1770 posts Play-Off Hero
edited November 2016
Ever since the last patch i haven't been able to connect to the EA servers after around 6pm consistently or at all for hours! I have received a ton of losses because of this as well from random disconnects. It's simply unplayable online. There is no lag or anything, it just randomly loses connection to your servers.

I bought a new PS4 because of this, had Optus check all the lines (which are good, as is the connection quality and speed) and replaced my router! My NAT type is 1 and i have a wired connection. It also cannot connect on XBox Ones Fifa 17. I'm at my wits end with this! I've tried everything and nothing works! It's clearly not my issue because i have no firewalls and everything runs great, every other game works flawlessly online besides this one! Even Fifa 16 on both consoles works without an issue.

It worked fine before the 1st title update. I've spent a ton of $ trying to resolve an issue that is not even my issue. EA can you please fix this. I can't play this game online and I'm not the only one that has this issue in NSW Australia with Optus. This is seriously not fair to us Australian users with optus cable! Switch back to Fifa 16 servers or something because these clash with us!

I'm posting this with the hope that this issue gets acknowledged by EA's Dev team or forwarded to them and promptly fixed. Me and others in my situation are not looking for handouts or free stuff... we just want to be able to play online again with the game we spent our hard earned money on like we were able to before title update 1 and like we were able to on fifa 16!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Info-help-needed-regarding-server-issue-f-a-o-community-manager/m-p/5680959/highlight/false#M10672

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-17-Server-Issues-with-Optus-Australia/td-p/5678875

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• ozcs_69
    4864 posts Big Money Move
    optus is ❤️❤️❤️❤️, because they don't pay for the premium routes, its not just EA servers, even IPTV servers are unreachable on their network, they tend to route all their customers through singapore and since they done the premium league issue with foxtel and telstra, they are hated in down under hehehehehe
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    It worked in 16 flawlessly and every game i have ever played online including this one before the last title update on ps4 and xbox one
  • Fletch
    3623 posts National Call-Up
    I thought the best NAT Type on PS4 NAT2?
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    Nat 2 is good, its moderate. Straight connection via bridge mode like a modem, no router thats nat 1. Its open.
  • EA please respond to this! We need help!
  • Fletch
    Nat 2 is good, its moderate. Straight connection via bridge mode like a modem, no router thats nat 1. Its open.

Fair enough. Everyone I know has NAT2 including myself, and none of us have ever had problems connection wise
  • Wolver
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    Mates,

Unfortunately this forum is a user discussion forum :( So, I don't think anyone from EA would actually read this :(

Maybe call EA? Or Optus? Or change to Telstra
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    EA don't read these forums.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Here's hoping this one time they do lol.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wolver wrote: »
    Mates,

Unfortunately this forum is a user discussion forum :( So, I don't think anyone from EA would actually read this :(

Called optus hence why they came out and checked the lines, router and everything and was perfect. Called EA and they said a lot of people are experiencing this and to be patient after the uplug your router, open ports stuff. Cannot change to telstra without having them rip up my driveway to install it and really do not need to because my internet runs great.
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    After the latest update it still doesnt work. Found more threads with the same issue.

http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Connection-to-Ea-servers/td-p/5646458
  • ozcs_69
    Mates,

yeah, i m with telstra, NAT 2 , no issue
  • ozcs_69
    ozcs_69 wrote: »
    Mates,

yeah, i m with telstra, NAT 2 , no issue

if you insisting to stay with shty optus, there are few way to go around your problem

optus uses a semi-bridge system, so basicly you need to do more search about that,

when i had optus back in 2013, the way i got around my problem was with putting a router after my modem, so the router will grab the WAN ip from the modem and starts distributing the net,

the next thing you need to do is to find the best MTU for your internet and set that manually in the box

the last but not least, you need to put the ip address of your console in the DMZ of the router

this should do the trick ( sometimes depends on the type of modem, you better disable the NAT in the modem and let the router take care of that )

good luck ;)
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just happened again... this is ridiculous im seriously about to give up! I want refunded my money i spent on packs and this game! It's broke and its clearly EAs fault and it doesnt look like its getting fixed anytime soon. Only can play in the daytime and i work then so this game is basically useless to me. Goes out during 5-11. Forget this game man!
  • Steelcitysniper
    1770 posts Play-Off Hero
    Im in bridge mode. Bridge mode is basically what ur doing then going through another router. Im in bridge going straight to my ps4 nat 1 yet its still does it.
  • has anyone found a solution to this problem? i can't connect only to fifa 17 every night at the same time for months now, im about to lose my mind.
  • Soly77
    574 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I m with optus, and had the same problem until I paid $30 EXTRA A MONTH and they put me on high speed internet and since the problem solved.
    Im in bridge mode. Bridge mode is basically what ur doing then going through another router. Im in bridge going straight to my ps4 nat 1 yet its still does it.

• has anyone found a solution to this problem? i can't connect only to fifa 17 every night at the same time for months now, im about to lose my mind.
  • didnt mean to post the same comment. Soly77, is this true?? can you please provide more details on the 30 dollars more a month? Like did you go from adsl to adsl2+ or how do they go about increasing your speed??
  • Fletch
    Optus is a laughing stock.
  • I have this issue. but I don't think about Optus! because all game run very good fo example FIFA 15 and 16.

it is a problem conflict between isp and EA servers . last update FIFA had change for connection and all isp have more traffic between 6 til 12 pm . last night I could after 12 pm very easy connect to FIFA 17 !! we know all isp check users after 12 pm for credit !! then some users shoot out from service! I think Optus and EA should together resolve this problem .. sorry for bad English :)
  • ronaldogoal
    573 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Australian servers :s
  • howedan
    454 posts Sunday League Hero
    So bad this weekend.
  • Has any1 fixed this. I thought I was alone. Think I'm just going to change providers