OT depression

Thefranchise92
5612 posts Big Money Move
I have depression I'm not sure if it's clinic but I'm on antidepressants. I can't afford private counselling and am on a waiting list for it with the NHS and have a group therapy session next week which I'm dreading. My mood is so low I'm thinking of overdosing but I'm so scared if just everything. I have no one to turn like literally. I've grown apart from everyone and I'm starting to think I must be the common denominator. I don't know what to do and feel like I have a few options but death seems like the only way.

Comments

• coldsteelrain
    1898 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't be stupid
    Volunteer and do something
    Helping others can help you feel better
    Stay busy, the less time you have to think about bad thoughts the better
    Stay positive and good luck
  • Lewis9UTx
    1049 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good for you for speaking up about it, and good for you for sorting it! Hope you find the source for your unhappiness and beat s*** out of it! Always light at the end of the tunnel mate.
  • nitro89
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    There is plenty of people you can talk to bro.. and the fact youve openly commented on whats going on in your head is the first positive sign.. speak 2 a doctor or anyone you can open upto. i have been in the same position as you as have many people. head up and stay strong
  • shady93
    587 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Chin up buddy talk to some friends or family maybe just wait it owt until your meeting you might find a nice suprise and realise there are people in the same boat as you and it ain't so bad ... I lost my cousin 2 months ago he hung himself and believe me it causes so much destruction and a lot more pain for your friends and family that you could ever imagine. Just hang on in mate and fight that mother trucker
  • Thefranchise92
    Lewis9UTx wrote: »
    Good for you for speaking up about it, and good for you for sorting it! Hope you find the source for your unhappiness and beat s*** out of it! Always light at the end of the tunnel mate.

Is there ? There isn't any light. Life is so meaningless and pointless. I don't even have my family to rely on.
  • FootyFootyFootball
    2748 posts Fans' Favourite
    Death is never the only way mate. Give yourself a chance at the group therapy and I'm sure you'll see you're not alone in the condition. It's absolutely not your fault, whatever it is that you're going through has been experienced by someone else at some point and there's always help out there for you.

If you really can't face the support group then at the very least consider talking to someone on the phone. The link below has a whole host of options on there, the sheer number of contacts available goes some way to show you how many people have hit low points in there lives. Ending it isn't the only way, the only way is up mate.

http://www.supportline.org.uk/problems/depression.php

Not to sound too much like a prat but the night is darkest before the dawn (yea I like the batman films!)

Look after yourself mate :)
  • Xaini29
    1999 posts Fans' Favourite
    well when you think everything is over and nothing left for you to live onto, take it from the guy who was once in a same situation as yours--but trust me everything pass, and after few years you laugh and think if i would have ended my life, these amazing things i have right now in life, i would miss all of them--even when you think there is no way forward, just keep hanging on--there is always way
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    You need to find something in your life that you want to do. Whether it be things you enjoy doing or helping other people.

Let the professional people help you out. They're nice and understand this kind of thing.

But don't think there's no point in you being here because there always is.

I don't know if you have a reddit account but there are a few subreddits that have a bunch people that can help you out with these things.
  • DoD_Jester
    27291 posts Player of the Year

Is there ? There isn't any light. Life is so meaningless and pointless. I don't even have my family to rely on.

look, not entirely sure if a Gaming forum is the right place to talk about your issues but feel free to drop me a pm if you want a randomer to vent at, happy to listen man
  • AA7-
    258 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited November 2016

Trust me man, many people go through mental illnesses such as depression in their lives, you just don't see or hear about it often.

One thing you should do is put your life in perspective. There are so many other people in the world who are suffering every second of every day yet they do not give up, they're staying alive because their fighting for themselves and know it'll crush the hearts of their family. Volunteering at a children's hospital really humbled me.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    2369 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2016
    Is there anything in particular that causes it, something that you're very unhappy about? If so, try to get to the root of it and see what action you can take to solve it. Also, I'm a firm believer that exercising regularly can do wonder for depression, when I was at a low point in my life with depression I eventually started going out for a run or whatever either in the morning before work or after work, even if it's just a 20 minute walk, if you're not already doing so then start having a bit of time to get some fresh air and a bit of exercise, trust me it works. Depression can feel like the weight of the world on your shoulders, but there's always a way to get through it buddy.
  • AA7-
    AA7- wrote: »

Trust me man, many people go through mental illnesses such as depression in their lives, you just don't see or hear about it often.

One thing you should do is put your life in perspective. There are so many other people in the world who are suffering every second of every day yet they do not give up, they're staying alive because their fighting for themselves and know it'll crush the hearts of their family. Volunteering at a children's hospital really humbled me.

• AA7-

• Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I get like this when i lose a last min goal on FUT!!

No in all seriousness, life can get you down at times but remember as cliche as it sounds life is really one big rollercoaster, it can have some big highs and some really big lows. And if you can make it out of the lows in tact nothing can stop you.

Keep your chin up buddy
  • WWEFAN24_TRIPLEH
    14322 posts Has That Special Something
    Shaanxz wrote: »

I don't think that ktt is the right place for this
  • AA7-
    Is there anything in particular that causes it, something that you're very unhappy about? If so, try to get to the root of it and see what action you can take to solve it. Also, I'm a firm believer that exercising regularly can do wonder for depression, when I was at a low point in my life with depression I eventually started going out for a run or whatever either in the morning before work or after work, even if it's just a 20 minute walk, if you're not already doing so then start having a bit of time to get some fresh air and a bit of exercise, trust me it works. Depression can feel like the weight of the world on your shoulders, but there's always a way to get through it buddy.

I agree, exercise is a huge part of fighting it. I played football my whole life then gave it up in university due to the huge courseload I had. In the end, it ended up doing more harm than good. I missed the social interaction and thrill from playing, even if it was a hour a week.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    Only real cure for depression is to keep the mind on other things. Get busy. Volunteering is a really great way to achieve this. Give you purpose and keeps you busy. You might not have an idea of how many groups out there are in dire need for volunteers, but there are a ton.

Also. Get out of the house and away from the console/PC. Exercise. Ride a bike. Go for a jog. Whatever. Get your body moving.
  • NornIron
    15274 posts World Class
    Nothing is ever as bad as you think it is.
  • Thefranchise92
    Yeah you guys are right. I shouldn't have brought it to a gaming forum. I just have no one you know. Sorry can someone close this i don't know how.
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Only real cure for depression is to keep the mind on other things. Get busy. Volunteering is a really great way to achieve this. Give you purpose and keeps you busy. You might not have an idea of how many groups out there are in dire need for volunteers, but there are a ton.

Also. Get out of the house and away from the console/PC. Exercise. Ride a bike. Go for a jog. Whatever. Get your body moving.

• eLTmaNN-ciTy
    696 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Keep ur head up stay busy and go for prof help.
    This thread Shows that the comm could be so great... too bad it will never happen on game based things.
  • Adrian095
    edited November 2016
    First thing is to talk to your family and contact for professional help asap. Then do whatever possibly to keep your mind off things outside the house, don't isolate yourself, the worst thing you can do is too pull away from your family. Hope this helps bro
  • Everyone treats this differently. I have a mild form of bi polar and use the devil's lettuce to level out my mood. Tried anti depressants and never felt more suicidal on them. Tried counselling, just felt that none of them understood me at all, they just read stuff out of NHS books to me.

Talk to close friends. But if people don't understand you it can make you feel isolated and much worse. It's a horrible illness that nobody really acknowledges until someone is ready to end their own lives.

Just remember there's plenty of us that go through this and most of us pull through. You won't feel like this forever.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    I feel ya bro, Currenly in an already 3 year during depression, and still the end nowhere to be seen.
    Visited loads of counselers, no one ever worked. Assaulted one of them for being a ❤️❤️❤️❤️.. So I had to take an Anger Management.. Picked up the booze again while being sober for 8 years.
    Dont really know what to do. Ending it seems the easy way, but Suicide should never be an option, dont ever do it.
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    No one on here can know your situation mate, but checking out isn't the answer. There is always something to live for, even if you don't know what that is right now.

Go to the therapy group, I know someone that went to one and it helped them enormously to talk to people in the same situation. Keep an open mind about it.

• Tony_Martial_11
    750 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Going through it myself after a year of losing my job and my girlfriend... Only thing that gets me through it is United and my mum.. Without sounding like a d***, this is definetly not the place to look for help long term, family and familiar surroundings are the only thing that have helped me and plenty of exercise. Chin up chief, your not the only person going through it but ending it will only put what your going through now on your loved ones.
  • Choepiechakie
    33891 posts National Team Captain
    Going through it myself after a year of losing my job and my girlfriend... Only thing that gets me through it is United and my mum.. Without sounding like a d***, this is definetly not the place to look for help long term, family and familiar surroundings are the only thing that have helped me and plenty of exercise. Chin up chief, your not the only person going through it but ending it will only put what your going through now on your loved ones.

Must be in a deep depression if even United can cheer u up
  • Adrian095

Must be in a deep depression if even United can cheer u up

Like that comment is necessary
  • Thefranchise92
    Yeah okay I just wanted to get it off my chest. You guys are all right when it's not about fifa
This discussion has been closed.