Buying Messi

Is it even realistically possible? I don't tend to go for superstars. I go for cheap youngsters with a high potential and heavily rely on my youth squad (find it more fun that way). However, in season 2021/22 Messi is still 92 rated and Barcelona accepted an offer of 30 mill. As I had 70 mill and needed nobody else I thought it might be funny to have him in my champions league winning Plymouth Argyle team. Barcelona accepted 30 mill. Messi, currently on 220k a week wouldn't even join me for 500k a week plus 20% goal bonuses.
Not that fussed about getting him, just wondered if anyone had any luck and if so, at what cost.

Comments

• BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Is it even realistically possible? I don't tend to go for superstars. I go for cheap youngsters with a high potential and heavily rely on my youth squad (find it more fun that way). However, in season 2021/22 Messi is still 92 rated and Barcelona accepted an offer of 30 mill. As I had 70 mill and needed nobody else I thought it might be funny to have him in my champions league winning Plymouth Argyle team. Barcelona accepted 30 mill. Messi, currently on 220k a week wouldn't even join me for 500k a week plus 20% goal bonuses.
    Not that fussed about getting him, just wondered if anyone had any luck and if so, at what cost.

Never bought Messi but I had Van Persie playing for Accrington Stanley when I got them to the EPL in FIFA15, lol. I think he was about 36 years old and still rated around 83.

And I like your style of going with cheap young players with high potential and a youth squad. I think it's always much more enjoyable than just buying and selling players.
  • BistroXII wrote: »

Never bought Messi but I had Van Persie playing for Accrington Stanley when I got them to the EPL in FIFA15, lol. I think he was about 36 years old and still rated around 83.

And I like your style of going with cheap young players with high potential and a youth squad. I think it's always much more enjoyable than just buying and selling players.

Yes it's far more fun that way I find. If I ever buy any 'A listers' it's when they're older (think 35+). Only then if they'll come in on a 'Squad rotation' or lower deal. Just a little bit of experience in there for the big games! Haha, I know it doesn't work like that but it's nice to imagine!

And the youth player route, so much more fun... That is unless (like happened to me in 16) you get a player up to 90 by age 21 and then he demands to leave because he's homesick, only to then join another team in the same bloody league!