Is it me or is the gameplay this WL the worst it's ever been?

XxRichiexRichxX
30229 posts National Team Captain
It's been absolutely dreadful. The BS is just on a whole other level.

I've never gotten more than 7 losses in a WL league and I currently have 12 with 12 games left... the BS has just been unreal. the game play feels the worst it's ever been. I've never struggled this much in a WL before, let alone FUT this year. It's to the point that as soon as I get my last 2 wins for gold 3... I'm calling it quits for this weekend before I break something. I've never been one to throw stuff or anything, but I'm scared I'll hit that boiling point if I carry on.

Below is 2 PK's that I conceded... in the same game and lost because of them. Neither PK called did I push a button. The first one I'm running along side the guy not pushing anything and the guy seems to attempt to shoot the ball, kicks my Smalling that's between him and the ball, and I got called.

xZc4g3T.gif

The 2nd the guy kicks me while I'm behind the guy and I concede a PK... that game nearly pushed me over the edge. on top of that, his Butland had 15 saves while my Butland had 2. He had 4 shots on target compared to my 17.

N8S5yO9.gif

Comments

• CanT SLaY JaY
    1947 posts Fans' Favourite
    So glad I decided not the participate this weekend. :) By the looks of it, it seems the WL is getting much tougher and more stressful due to the servers are getting worst.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    So glad I decided not the participate this weekend. :) By the looks of it, it seems the WL is getting much tougher and more stressful due to the servers are getting worst.

idk what it was... I saw a bunch of tweets yesterday about how bad it was this weekend... I just hopped on today and I just got my 13th loss... it's unreal. I can't break anyones CPU defend down and when I finally do they get the most BS goals to equalize or win. Like I can't believe this was the same game that I played last week where I got gold 1 with 9 games to spare...
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    I hate me so much for buying so many FP at the start of the game :joy:
  • Keano
    10617 posts Has That Special Something
    If it's worse than last WL then yes, hoping next weekend isnt so bad as I'll actually be competing in it.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    This weeks seems so much easier than last week this week I just bought a cheap bunds team and opponents are attacking and not ptb cheap team ftw.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    it's not the ptb or anything that I have issues with, it's the BS rebounds, the god GK's, the auto tackling from my opponents... so many of my opponents just control a midfielder and let the backline get controlled by the CPU and openly admit it. Passing has been a special kind of bad, my ST's don't want to make any sort of attacking runs.

it's just been terrible. I've never lost so many games in one WL session. I quit as soon as I got gold 3 and I'm not even going to bother playing the rest out. I'll reconvene next weekend.
  • Lfc23
    693 posts Sunday League Hero
    I am still short of 18 wins am the same soon as I get them am finished to stressful
  • Why does people's losing streaks coincide with opening these threads?
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Tavman180 wrote: »
    Why does people's losing streaks coincide with opening these threads?

I didn't open this because of a losing streak, I opened this thread because I noticed the game play for me has been worse than it usually is. I just mentioned the losses because I felt it was relevant, but it's not the reason for opening this thread. Even some of the games that I've won has been filled with just trash game play.
  • Dead Whip
    554 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I've had my best weekend to date, hopefully the more sophisticated entry requirements next week improve it further
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Dead Whip wrote: »
    I've had my best weekend to date, hopefully the more sophisticated entry requirements next week improve it further

fair enough. perhaps just some bad luck. not sure. I'm just going to take a break and not play at all this week and get back into it Friday.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Lfc23 wrote: »
    I am still short of 18 wins am the same soon as I get them am finished to stressful

Ditto. All I want is 18 wins.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25969 posts Player of the Year
    I think it's better this week than the last 2 weekends.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    The game dictates how you play. That's why it's so bad.
  • Fifa is Life
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes, servers are **** this weekend
  • Chaosmak3r
    69 posts Park Captain

You get it right on the point with that sentence. The game dictates how you have to play, you cant play fast and quick, because your players are not moving attacking wise unless you wait a couple of seconds. For people that are good at quick thinking, its really hard to cope with the slow AI response. Thats also why PTB is so effective, you just cant surprise people much, compared to many previous fifa, which all had their issues, no doubt, but in most of them the player dictated the speed of the game atleast, and not the other way around.
  • Cadey 5
    10017 posts Has That Special Something
    Not sure about the 1st one but 2nd from is probably a pen given the defender took out his leg causing him not to shoot and most likely score. Havivg said that it's still BS and should't happen so often but if I was the guy shooting for that second one I would be outraged if it was't given.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Chaosmak3r wrote: »

You get it right on the point with that sentence. The game dictates how you have to play, you cant play fast and quick, because your players are not moving attacking wise unless you wait a couple of seconds. For people that are good at quick thinking, its really hard to cope with the slow AI response. Thats also why PTB is so effective, you just cant surprise people much, compared to many previous fifa, which all had their issues, no doubt, but in most of them the player dictated the speed of the game atleast, and not the other way around.

it's not PTB that's popular btw... it's people running their pressure on really low settings... and the reason it's so effective is because of the auto tackle being so stupid OP....if this still had the AI of FIFA 15 where the defenders didn't auto tackle so much, the low pressure would be almost useless.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Cadey 5 wrote: »
    Not sure about the 1st one but 2nd from is probably a pen given the defender took out his leg causing him not to shoot and most likely score. Havivg said that it's still BS and should't happen so often but if I was the guy shooting for that second one I would be outraged if it was't given.

ehhh... but the attacker swung his leg back and hooked my defender. both were cases of the offender kicking my defender and getting called. IRL, those would never get called unless the defender intentionally blocked the kicking foot.
  • Cadey 5
    10017 posts Has That Special Something

ehhh... but the attacker swung his leg back and hooked my defender. both were cases of the offender kicking my defender and getting called. IRL, those would never get called unless the defender intentionally blocked the kicking foot.

Yeah but the problem is you can't programe the game to add intention or not into fouls, I'm not saying it is't BS that it happened I am just saying based of the fact his shooting foot was "taken out" by the defender it's a pen.

Not that it should happen.
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Yeah but the problem is you can't programe the game to add intention or not into fouls, I'm not saying it is't BS that it happened I am just saying based of the fact his shooting foot was "taken out" by the defender it's a pen.

Not that it should happen.

oh no i agree... I only mentioned them because I was baffled that they both came for the same opponent. The kid wasn't good at all. His goals were those 2 PKs, one of which I dove the right side and corner and he still scored, and the other was near post corner cheese. Other than that he hardly created chances from open play. But yet the game gifted him with that win.