Who honestly enjoys this game

Pogback
309 posts Sunday League Hero
I dont know if its my age, but this game is complete dog ****, all the games i am winning i am not enjoying, and tbf the games that i do win i dont deserve, for me there is no skill involved, ea decides who wins, but worse than that it is the community everyone builds the same **** old teams and then they will post them on here asking if this team is good enough, and 9/10 times kante or renato are in there with mane, smalling etc 4-3-2-1, and you can tell these people are not very good, because if you was half decent you would realise that kante and renato are not very good, you just like them the same as you liked ramieres in previous fifas. Ea need to make big changes for there next series and get rid of this scripting/handicap, and before anyone mentions some guy from the studio let slip that it does exist, but his explanation was that they try to give everyone a fair game

Comments

• BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's a luck based game now.
    Knowing how to abuse the mechanics is the only attribute needed
  • Deano2508
    2491 posts Fans' Favourite
    I do
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    I have very little urge to play the game because it's so boring. I never played them much, but honestly they need to add tournaments back into the game.
  • JayUnited9
    1095 posts Professional
    I feel the same way man. I'm really enjoying this FIFA much less than the others. I think the weekend league is a great concept but 40 games is way too much, scripting should not be in the game at all and way too many people play like absolute ****. It's the same **** over and over, it's getting boring so fast.
  • JayUnited9
    1095 posts Professional

This
  • Fab
    17839 posts World Class
    i prefer good old sick thru balls over this overpowered defence but i'd prefer a less automatised defence and our current thru balls

fab out
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14401 posts Has That Special Something

Agree with this.
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional
    I don't anymore tbh.

I'll finish my WL games for this week then i'm done with this mode, I'll just play a few games from times to times, like I used to because I was enjoying the game much more that way.

EA clearly turned the game towards hardcore players this year.
  • Simmak40
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    I hate the way the game has turned from fun to an abusers paradise, but the abusers are the first to reply and knock you down and deny it.
    Let them have their mess of a game to abuse
  • Simmak40
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Deano2508 wrote: »
    I do

Are you an abuser?
  • Xtc
    5186 posts Big Money Move
    Not really. Every year the cycle of enjoyment gets shorter. A love of football keeps me playing, hoping for that one good game/ opponent who respects me and the game enough to try and actually produce something that looks like football.

Ea set the tone. Referees are awful, slide tackling is overused because it is under punished. pace is ridiculous, not for its primary effect, but all the secondary ones. Like Musa knocking over CBs and being able to "defend from the front" like Maldini on crack. The game is rarely fun, because we have all seen how it plays out.
  • Been playin FIFA since FIFA 98 ... I'm really not enjoying this FIFA anymore, even when I'm winning. Every game is a try-hard sweat fest. Like someone above mentioned, with the addition of FUT Champs, EA is clearly catering to the hardcore and those with a lot of free time (Kids). It's an abusers paradise. This game started out so well, it had so much promise, but then the kids complained, so EA listened and sent us back to FUT 16.
  • Fletch
    3405 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoy it and also play a quality style of football; I bet not many can say that lol
  • CraigFWba
    1707 posts Play-Off Hero
    Deano2508 wrote: »
    I do

• leon_
    730 posts Sunday League Hero
    I do most of the time. The only thing I'll keep hating year after year is the tactical defending system. It's so unfair...

And 433-4 is way worse than 4321 imo.
    I'm a 4321 user since FIFA 11 (not ptb and counter though) and when I have difficulties I change to 433-4, that formation is OP as hell
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14401 posts Has That Special Something
    Fletch wrote: »
    I enjoy it and also play a quality style of football; I bet not many can say that lol

Would love to give you a game sometime.
  • simsieg
    9492 posts League Winner
    Enjoying it a lot more than 15 and 16 for sure, even made it to division 1 for the first time in ages
  • M98H
    12915 posts Has That Special Something

• JayUnited9
    1095 posts Professional
    Fletch wrote: »

If it was a couple of weeks ago I could have said the same but now people are understanding the exploits in the game and they abuse them. They also know all the overpowered players now.
  • Vaaass
    2677 posts National Call-Up
    I do enjoy it relatively. Can't stand the ptb abuse but pace isn't too hard to defend so counter attacks aren't a huge issue for me; it's the ridiculous weaving in and out I can't stand.

But yeah I enjoy it most of the time and don't play a scummy style of football nor have a generic team.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    I'm enjoying it, mainly because it's 10x better than FUT 15/16. But FUT Champions has definitely made me look at the game differently. It just feels like the easiest way to win is to exploit the game's weaknesses.
  • Gromit
    3435 posts National Call-Up
    I enjoy it, perhaps more so because 15 and 16 were lame. But I've not enjoyed it as much as 12-14

Largely because of the direction it's taken both in game modes and the intricacy of the play.

I miss bronze and silver massively I easily played 800 games a year in those modes. The golds bore me, same players every year.

The game play has got to intricate too, too many drag backs and fake shots it's all got a bit too fiddly and show-offy!
  • A5B
    2997 posts National Call-Up
    When I play somebody who doesn't PTB or lag me into another dimension I find FIFA 17 quite enjoyable.
  • Xtc
    its all extremes.Your gk is superhuman or rubbish . How about they just make the saves the should? I'm so sick of goals from 25 yes, but shots well inside the area being miracle saved
  • For me fut is becoming a bit stale. After building so many teams over the years I'm beginning to run out of ideas. For me that's the point of Fut, to be original. I guess like anything it has a lifespan.

They make money from in game purchases in fut, surely they could develop other game modes in a similar way. Online career mode is something that they should be able to figure out really.

I'm also bitterly disappointed that they haven't updated Anfield, which basically makes career mode useless to me. They may as well call them Merseyside Red
  • Dronegan
    1077 posts Professional
    Its decent in seasons. Fut champions is just a torture. Is hard to enjoy this mode unless you like the excitement in destroying a random div5 player kid and still end up losing.

The game it self is stupidly un-rewarding. You can make a epic play and in the finishing moment get struck by delay or bad mechanics and your player will end up ruining the finish. Next moment you will get tackled 3 times, still keep the ball, randomly bump into a defender and the ball will randomly go to your unmarked player. You shoot and its an epic slow shot that goes between the keepers legs.

• Xtc
    Dronegan wrote: »
    Its decent in seasons. Fut champions is just a torture. Is hard to enjoy this mode unless you like the excitement in destroying a random div5 player kid and still end up losing.

The game it self is stupidly un-rewarding. You can make a epic play and in the finishing moment get struck by delay or bad mechanics and your player will end up ruining the finish. Next moment you will get tackled 3 times, still keep the ball, randomly bump into a defender and the ball will randomly go to your unmarked player. You shoot and its an epic slow shot that goes between the keepers legs.

• Xtc
    Xtc wrote: »
    Dronegan wrote: »

^^ It is so true. Even the joy of rewarding good play is often missing.

• KingOfThis
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    It's a good game ruined by bad latency.
  • Stretch
    497 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I enjoyed it for a couple of weeks,but the AI defending has ruined it for me, it's taken the fun out of it.
    Today I played against someone who didn't PTB played an open game, it was end to end and very enjoyable, afterwards i thought to myself this is why I bought the game, this is what FIFA is about.
    Unfortunately not had another game like that since.

Game was 3-3 I used a la liga team and had a Newcastle strip on, so if your on here and recognise this
    Good game mate