Premier League Lounge (2014/15)

Comments

• cronaldo773
    2286 posts Fans' Favourite

Bram wrote: »
    MJP wrote: »
    As a football fan, I'd love to see Bale leave Madrid just so that Ronaldo cam focus on himself again. It's obvious that Bale is annoying him.

Poor baby.
    Yep. Absolutely can't stand him and that everything has to be Cristiano, but it'd be nice if he had 10 slaves serving for him again rather than 9.

Where do I apply?

• MJP
    5944 posts Big Money Move
    As a football fan, I'd love to see Bale leave Madrid just so that Ronaldo cam focus on himself again. It's obvious that Bale is annoying him.

Poor baby.
    Yep. Absolutely can't stand him and that everything has to be Cristiano, but it'd be nice if he had 10 slaves serving for him again rather than 9.

Yeah fair enough, feel kind of embarrassed for Bale at the minute which is a shame.
  • Ribéry is still a good player and I think he fits our system better than bale would.
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Steph wrote: »
    Ribéry is still a good player and I think he fits our system better than bale would.

Agree.
  • Baelexis
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero
    Robert wrote: »
    If we played for example a 4-1-4-1 with Lewandowski at striker, Ribéry, Götze, Müller, and Robben in midfield, Schweinsteiger in defensive midfield, and Alaba, Boateng, Badstuber, and Lahm in defense with Neuer in goal. Bale is not good enough to displace anyone.
    He'd easily displace Ribery.

And Gotze and lewan, I'd much rather bale St than Lewan
    rt

• BasedStudge
    19636 posts World Class
    Bale is soo underrated, absolute madness Ribery is mentioned in the same sentence as him
  • Bram
    9390 posts League Winner
    Do like the drama though, sort of like Madrid's very own EastEnders.
    Yep, it's very enjoyable. Plus the fact that they make a problem out of everthing whilst every other club just moves on
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    Ribéry is still a good player and I think he fits our system better than bale would.
    You also think Robben is a good as Messi and Ronaldo, can't really trust your judgement, Steph.
  • Lautremer
    630 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bale wouldn't start at all with us, he wouldn't fit our play style. All of our starters and a lot of our subs are better than him IMO.

I actually agree with you once.
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    SaifR wrote: »
    Coops wrote: »
    4fs once Madrid start one of their campaigns to sign a player, you may as well start saying your goodbyes.

Why? We've only once unwillingly sold them a player, and even then it was for a world record fee.

How many others have they come in for though? None. Ronaldo's the only one they focused any effort on. Beckham & van Nistelrooy were leaving anyway. Generally speaking, when Madrid want someone they usually get them.

It's not like they're buying from Spurs here. If Beckham/Van Nistelrooy hadn't fallen out with Fergie, they wouldn't have joined Madrid, nor would they have been sniffing around them either. It's far from an inevitability that he'll join there, at least for this summer.
  • SaifR
    Bale is soo underrated, absolute madness Ribery is mentioned in the same sentence as him

Bale is the better footballer, but I definitely agree Ribery is a better fit in that team. Bale would be a square peg in a round hole.
  • Bram
    9390 posts League Winner

Bale is the better footballer, but I definitely agree Ribery is a better fit in that team. Bale would be a square peg in a round hole.
    I think Ribery is a more skillful footballer, but Bale compensates that with his amazing physic
  • cronaldo773
    2286 posts Fans' Favourite

Poor baby.

Reminds me more of TOWIE tbf.

Ronaldo and Bale are like Tommy and Georgia like we all know Ronaldo is like way too good to be on the same team as Bale, when I see Tommy and Georgia I just think to myself why is he with her, he could do much better.
  • Trygar1825
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    Forget the Bale talk, I am still waiting for my guys Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko to leave Ukraine and play in a better league.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=iB3ykV0Dex0
  • SaifR
    4fs once Madrid start one of their campaigns to sign a player, you may as well start saying your goodbyes.

Why? We've only once unwillingly sold them a player, and even then it was for a world record fee.

How many others have they come in for though? None. Ronaldo's the only one they focused any effort on. Beckham & van Nistelrooy were leaving anyway. Generally speaking, when Madrid want someone they usually get them.

It's not like they're buying from Spurs here. If Beckham/Van Nistelrooy hadn't fallen out with Fergie, they wouldn't have joined Madrid, nor would they have been sniffing around them either. It's far from an inevitability that he'll join there, at least for this summer.

That's what I said? They were leaving anyway, and Cristiano was the only player at United they attempted to sign? Which they did.

I'm not talking about United. I said, 'generally speaking'. Which is true. Normally they get who they want. I've never said it's inevitable he'll join Madrid, never. I'm saying it's possible though.
  • DM93
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited April 2015
    Delph though
    No GK is going to be £40m 4fs, let alone one with one year left on his contact. Going to go for £30m tops even if he does sign a new contract.

I agree but why though? De Gea has won more points for United this season than Falcao, ADM and RVP put together.

Also hypothetically how much would Neuer cost if he had 3-4 years left on his contract?

• SaifR

I think Ribery is a more skillful footballer, but Bale compensates that with his amazing physic

Definitely, there's no disputing that. Overall Bale is the better player though, he's a match winner.
  • Lautremer
    630 posts Sunday League Hero

depends on how you define footballer. ribery's dribbling and passing is far superior. bale has the better shooting, physical attributes and pace, tho. but he needs space to excel his ability, where ribery is a weapon against park the bus opponents (so basically every other bayern game). that's why bale isn't shining as much as he was for tottenham. he fits better into team which doesn't focus on possession so much (would be a perfect fit for united).

• Bram
    9390 posts League Winner
    Trygar1825 wrote: »
    Forget the Bale talk, I am still waiting for my guys Konoplyanka and Yarmolenko to leave Ukraine and play in a better league.

Konoplyanka was nearly invisible against the tinpot Ajax in 2 matches, apart from the goal he scored.

And btw, money is the reason they're not leaving
  • Baelexis
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero

Poor baby.

Reminds me more of TOWIE tbf.

Ronaldo and Bale are like Tommy and Georgia like we all know Ronaldo is like way too good to be on the same team as Bale, when I see Tommy and Georgia I just think to myself why is he with her, he could do much better.

so true tbh :joy:
  • Baelexis
    1765 posts Play-Off Hero

and pace, dont forget pace
  • Trygar1825
    Trygar1825 wrote: »

Konoplyanka was nearly invisible against the tinpot Ajax in 2 matches, apart from the goal he scored.

And btw, money is the reason they're not leaving

Main reason they aren't leaving is because they are arguably the biggest homegrown talents Ukraine has to offer and Konoplyanka was not allowed to leave per Owner of Dnipro
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    Did someone actually say that Gareth Bale is better than Franck Ribéry? 3077217049.gif
  • SaifR
    Lautremer wrote: »

depends on how you define footballer. ribery's dribbling and passing is far superior. bale has the better shooting, physical attributes and pace, tho. but he needs space to excel his ability, where ribery is a weapon against park the bus opponents (so basically every other bayern game). that's why bale isn't shining as much as he was for tottenham. he fits better into team which doesn't focus on possession so much (would be a perfect fit for united).

Just meant the better player overall. Footballing wise (passing, dribbling etc) ofc Ribery is better.

Bale would've been perfect for Fergie's United. LVG likes to retain the ball much more, and focus on dominating possession, but the fact that games are often more open in the Premier League would give Bale more space to thrive, and fully display his quality.
  • DM93
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    D10S wrote: »
    Did someone actually say that Gareth Bale is better than Franck Ribéry? 3077217049.gif

Yeah, shocking that it even needed to be said. Thought everyone already knew that was the case

• Bram
    9390 posts League Winner
    Baelexis wrote: »

and pace, dont forget pace
    I count that under his physical attributes ;)

I'm off. Goodnight my loves
  • Robert
    21723 posts Club Captain
    Bale is the kind of player the you change your team around to accommodate. If he did join Bayern they would make it work and he would without a doubt be a starter.
  • Coops
    5095 posts Big Money Move
    D10S wrote: »

He is
  • Trygar1825
    I only think Bale would go back to England to play honestly.
  • SaifR
    Bale is the kind of player the you change your team around to accommodate. If he did join Bayern they would make it work and he would without a doubt be a starter.

While that's true, in a Pep Guardiola side he wouldn't be the first choice signing.
This discussion has been closed.