The Formula One Lounge

Comments

  • Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Anyone going to get F1 2015 when it comes out?

    100% am.

    Sounds like they've improved it quite a lot over previous versions. You on XB1?

  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Anyone going to get F1 2015 when it comes out?

    100% am.

    Sounds like they've improved it quite a lot over previous versions. You on XB1?

    Yes. @Cory is getting it too. June better hurry up. :)
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    I'll probably get it, although I'll wait for reactions first.
  • Apollo
    14281 posts Has That Special Something
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Anyone going to get F1 2015 when it comes out?

    Probably, yeah.
  • One thing I hope they've improved is the crash model, but I'm doubtful of that. Nevertheless, should be enjoyable online until you get a Maldonaldo wanna-be come alongside you..
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    One thing I hope they've improved is the crash model, but I'm doubtful of that. Nevertheless, should be enjoyable online until you get a Maldonaldo wanna-be come alongside you..

    That's everyone online
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Only do private sessions. I do go into public lobbies to find some good people to race in a said private session.
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Anyone going to get F1 2015 when it comes out?

    100% am.

    Sounds like they've improved it quite a lot over previous versions. You on XB1?

    Yes. @Cory is getting it too. June better hurry up. :)
    Indeed, Can't wait. I'll be teaching you how to drive lad ;)
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Cory wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Anyone going to get F1 2015 when it comes out?

    100% am.

    Sounds like they've improved it quite a lot over previous versions. You on XB1?

    Yes. @Cory is getting it too. June better hurry up. :)
    Indeed, Can't wait. I'll be teaching you how to drive lad ;)

    Uses assists
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mart wrote: »
    Cory wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    Das Cookie wrote: »
    Anyone going to get F1 2015 when it comes out?

    100% am.

    Sounds like they've improved it quite a lot over previous versions. You on XB1?

    Yes. @Cory is getting it too. June better hurry up. :)
    Indeed, Can't wait. I'll be teaching you how to drive lad ;)

    Uses assists
    Auto-Break is my fave.
  • Shaanxz
    20306 posts Club Captain
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
  • Cory
    2070 posts Fans' Favourite
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    At least I'll be able to get Jenson into Q2.
  • Shaanxz
    20306 posts Club Captain
    Cory wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    At least I'll be able to get Jenson into Q2.

    lol, I really don't have much hope for the game, maybes its a good thing. But code masters are pure ****
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    customisation was **** though let's be honest, I'm fine with it if it means we have more immersive features in the career mode or whatever it's called.
  • Shaanxz
    20306 posts Club Captain
    Ash wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    customisation was **** though let's be honest, I'm fine with it if it means we have more immersive features in the career mode or whatever it's called.

    I'll be doing the pro seasons, with no assists. NGL I do have a steering wheel. But i get what you mean. All I pray for is for the AI to be much harder
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    I'm glad you can finally choose a driver for a career mode, been waiting for that since pretty much.. ever.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    customisation was **** though let's be honest, I'm fine with it if it means we have more immersive features in the career mode or whatever it's called.

    I'll be doing the pro seasons, with no assists. NGL I do have a steering wheel. But i get what you mean. All I pray for is for the AI to be much harder
    And that they get rid of the first lap curse where everyone has the pace of a Marussia for some reason.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Ash wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    customisation was **** though let's be honest, I'm fine with it if it means we have more immersive features in the career mode or whatever it's called.

    I'll be doing the pro seasons, with no assists. NGL I do have a steering wheel. But i get what you mean. All I pray for is for the AI to be much harder
    And that they get rid of the first lap curse where everyone has the pace of a Marussia for some reason.

    On 14 I would simply stay behind the rest of the field for the first corners. So annoying if you're up into 5th after ten seconds.
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    Mart wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Ash wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    Gutted about the new career mode, have to use an actual driver. So no more, customization :(
    customisation was **** though let's be honest, I'm fine with it if it means we have more immersive features in the career mode or whatever it's called.

    I'll be doing the pro seasons, with no assists. NGL I do have a steering wheel. But i get what you mean. All I pray for is for the AI to be much harder
    And that they get rid of the first lap curse where everyone has the pace of a Marussia for some reason.

    On 14 I would simply stay behind the rest of the field for the first corners. So annoying if you're up into 5th after ten seconds.
    It's not just the corners though, they're **** all around the first lap. Breaking times on the corners are horrific which ever lap, honestly feels like they've still got 2012's break distances on
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    With the new career mode, I can now give Kimi wins :D

    Btw, if anyone has an Android and wants a really good F1 manager game, get FLRM 15 Pro. It's only a couple of quid, but you can change the player names, there's classic seasons, and you can create your own team. It's an awesome game.
  • stickey
    14698 posts Has That Special Something
    Season starts on the 3rd of April next year. Race will start even earlier, personally can't wait for the 3am GMT start.

    http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/04/24/marko-i-am-sure-that-mercedes-helped-ferrari/
    Just noticed this, the Red Bull bunch are so bitter.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite


    Anyone looking forward to Project Cars? Probably going to be the best sim racer to ever hit consoles (without actually playing it yet, so just guessing) but everything else just looks so well done except for the lack of a few car brands. I dont know of any other racing games that can handle 40 odd cars on a track at one time and still have decent AI apart from Nascar games. Something about Deadmau5 in the trailer just has me more pumped, his music is perfect for driving.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    I am looking forward to it, but I don't see it as a simulation.
  • Shaanxz
    20306 posts Club Captain
    Can't wait for this Grand Prix, let's see what upgrades team have brought. Hopefully mclaren Honda, will be much more competitive
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mart wrote: »
    I am looking forward to it, but I don't see it as a simulation.

    From what I've read its going to be between Gran Turismo/Forza and Assetto Corsa, GT/Forza being about as sim as it gets on consoles, so that is quite good imo. Also the career mode looks pretty good as far as racing games go, and the graphics just look like the best thing I've ever seen.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    edited May 2015
    Neal wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    I am looking forward to it, but I don't see it as a simulation.

    From what I've read its going to be between Gran Turismo/Forza and Assetto Corsa, GT/Forza being about as sim as it gets on consoles, so that is quite good imo. Also the career mode looks pretty good as far as racing games go, and the graphics just look like the best thing I've ever seen.

    I think it's been marketed under the false impression that it is an actual simulation, when it definitely isn't (doesn't mean the game won't be good, I'm 100% certain it will be a success).

    GT/Forza may be the closest us console players can get to simulation, but unfortunately both are arcade racers. Project CARS will be too, if it were to be an actual simulation there's no way one could play the game using a pad. It's more realistic than GT/Forza, but unfortunately it's not the simulation we've been asking for. I saw footage where someone missed the braking point and went onto the grass and - where you should normally lose control of the car or slow down significantly to get back onto the track - the car remained stable as if he was driving on asphalt. Multiple people pointed it out during the betas and it remained unchanged.

    Still looking forward to it of course, GP2/Formula B will be great.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mart wrote: »
    Neal wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    I am looking forward to it, but I don't see it as a simulation.

    From what I've read its going to be between Gran Turismo/Forza and Assetto Corsa, GT/Forza being about as sim as it gets on consoles, so that is quite good imo. Also the career mode looks pretty good as far as racing games go, and the graphics just look like the best thing I've ever seen.

    I think it's been marketed under the false impression that it is an actual simulation, when it definitely isn't (doesn't mean the game won't be good, I'm 100% certain it will be a success).

    GT/Forza may be the closest us console players can get to simulation, but unfortunately both are arcade racers. Project CARS will be too, if it were to be an actual simulation there's no way one could play the game using a pad. It's more realistic than GT/Forza, but unfortunately it's not the simulation we've been asking for. I saw footage where someone missed the braking point and went onto the grass and - where you should normally lose control of the car or slow down significantly to get back onto the track - the car remained stable as if he was driving on asphalt. Multiple people pointed it out during the betas and it remained unchanged.

    Still looking forward to it of course, GP2/Formula B will be great.

    Yes of course. Nothing on consoles can ever really be an actual simulation. I dont see anything wrong with marketing it the way they have, to the casual player it will probably be realistic enough and to people that know racing games and have played many of them, they will already know it cant truly be a full sim.

    Many of the graphical features look like they will accurately reflect a real life situation better than any game I've ever seen and as long as the physics are on par with something like Gran Turismo or Forza I think it will easily be one of the more innovative racing games to come out in a while.

    I think it will be very fun. Karts and Formula B do look great.
  • Mart
    8009 posts League Winner
    Only thing that annoys the hell out of me is the trees. The graphics throughout the entire game look incredible but then you see the 3-pixel trees.

    Not that it'll be game-breaking, doubt I'll even notice. But it'd make the game look so much better if the environment around the track was slightly more detailed.
  • Neal
    2085 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mart wrote: »
    Only thing that annoys the hell out of me is the trees. The graphics throughout the entire game look incredible but then you see the 3-pixel trees.

    Not that it'll be game-breaking, doubt I'll even notice. But it'd make the game look so much better if the environment around the track was slightly more detailed.

    Hadn't even noticed that before, now I wont be able to un-see >:)
  • Ash
    21413 posts Club Captain
    156ef8d2e8f54cae873614de66113ed5.png
    New McLaren livery for Spain
Sign In or Register to comment.