Pietu wrote: »
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    And some people still think he deserves that Merc seat...

He does, you lot just hating but actually he does his job

Great job today, again. Much younger tyres, slipstream, and 384890 mistakes in last 5 laps. Great job as always!

He doesnt. When he has to show up he doesnt show up

Leclerc had a faster car and drove a pretty perfect race. If Lewis can't get past Leclerc then you shouldn't expect Bottas to get past him. He does his job as the 2nd driver brilliantly

I think the thing is people don’t really want second drivers. Or if there’s going to be it needs to be a young up and coming driver like Leclerc.

Bottas is a fine driver but he’s never winning a championship. It’s all too easy at the moment for Hamilton to rack up titles. Put Ocon in there and he might just have the talent to push him.

As long as prime Hamilton is at Mercedes no other Merc driver is going to win the championship let's be honest, not even Leclerc or Verstappen

So you’re saying that Verstappen couldn’t beat Hamilton in a fair fight? I think it’d be a decent competition.

Yes. That is what I'm saying.

Great job today, again. Much younger tyres, slipstream, and 384890 mistakes in last 5 laps. Great job as always!

Leclerc had a faster car and drove a pretty perfect race. If Lewis can't get past Leclerc then you shouldn't expect Bottas to get past him. He does his job as the 2nd driver brilliantly

Bottas had a lot fresher tyres. He was faster. You could clearly see he was a lot faster but he made a mistake every single lap.
    We had this exact conversation before after Hockenheim where he couldn't pass Racing Point and Toro Rosso. Come on.......He's like Gasly who does better in lesser team.

You are Finnish aren't you? Because there's no way a Mercedes fan is happy with Bottas.

I am. He does his job, why would they change a working unit in Hamilton and Bottas? They have chemistry and they work together

For the same reason Ferrari did. To have a better overall team. Only problem is Ferrari replaced the wrong driver 😂

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't you think that Mercedes already is the best team? Why change it if it's working. Who says that if they get let's say Verstappen it's going work, sure he has the talent but I don't think Mercedes wants another Rosberg situation.

Yeah I think Merc are the best team but that’s all down to Hamilton really. But he won’t go on forever so need to be planning for the future.

Plus the majority of fans just want a real good title fight.

Correct, he won't but no need to change just yet, when the time is right and it isn't yet

I’ll be honest, I think next season was the time and I think the only reason he wasn’t was because Ocon didn’t have a drive.
  • Pietu
    1888 posts Play-Off Hero

I think the thing is people don’t really want second drivers. Or if there’s going to be it needs to be a young up and coming driver like Leclerc.

Bottas is a fine driver but he’s never winning a championship. It’s all too easy at the moment for Hamilton to rack up titles. Put Ocon in there and he might just have the talent to push him.

As long as prime Hamilton is at Mercedes no other Merc driver is going to win the championship let's be honest, not even Leclerc or Verstappen

So you’re saying that Verstappen couldn’t beat Hamilton in a fair fight? I think it’d be a decent competition.

Yes. That is what I'm saying.

Bottas had a lot fresher tyres. He was faster. You could clearly see he was a lot faster but he made a mistake every single lap.
    We had this exact conversation before after Hockenheim where he couldn't pass Racing Point and Toro Rosso. Come on.......He's like Gasly who does better in lesser team.

You are Finnish aren't you? Because there's no way a Mercedes fan is happy with Bottas.

I am. He does his job, why would they change a working unit in Hamilton and Bottas? They have chemistry and they work together

For the same reason Ferrari did. To have a better overall team. Only problem is Ferrari replaced the wrong driver 😂

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't you think that Mercedes already is the best team? Why change it if it's working. Who says that if they get let's say Verstappen it's going work, sure he has the talent but I don't think Mercedes wants another Rosberg situation.

Yeah I think Merc are the best team but that’s all down to Hamilton really. But he won’t go on forever so need to be planning for the future.

Plus the majority of fans just want a real good title fight.

Correct, he won't but no need to change just yet, when the time is right and it isn't yet

I’ll be honest, I think next season was the time and I think the only reason he wasn’t was because Ocon didn’t have a drive.

I don’t think the time is yet but it will be soon though but not next season
  • Zv1k0
    5879 posts Big Money Move
    I'm not even sure if Mercedes is the best team anymore.
  • Alex_cr
    4864 posts Big Money Move

In what respect? Driver pairing or overall package?

Because if you mean overall package, they were expected to struggle the last 2 races.
  • Choepiechakie
    31445 posts National Team Captain

Because if you mean overall package, they were expected to struggle the last 2 races.

They have the better car.
    Better team
    Drivers difficult one. Merc got ham, ferrari 2 solid drivers.
    Ferrari better engine.

And Ham didnt get pole the first lap cuz Kimi spinned like a rookie right in front of him exit parabolica. Note: Charles didnt get lipstream his entire lap afaik
  • Alex_cr

Better team
    Ferrari better engine.

And Ham didnt get pole the first lap cuz Kimi spinned like a rookie right in front of him exit parabolica. Note: Charles didnt get lipstream his entire lap afaik

I’m not so sure they’ve got the better car overall. These circuits suited Ferrari.

To be honest it’s too late for this season but I just hope it’s this competitive all of next season because it’s much more fun this way!
  • Choepiechakie

Better team
    Ferrari better engine.

I’m not so sure they’ve got the better car overall. These circuits suited Ferrari.

To be honest it’s too late for this season but I just hope it’s this competitive all of next season because it’s much more fun this way!

Yh was talking bout merc having the better car
  • Alex_cr

Better team
    Ferrari better engine.

Yh was talking bout merc having the better car

Yeah, I should learn to read 😂
  • Zv1k0

We will see in next race.
  • Jboom98
    105 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Mercedes should replace bottas with George Russell F2 champion and Vettel should be replaced with Mick Schumacher though I think Mick needs a second season in F2 depending what happens he could be at Ferrari in 2021 along with Lecerc B)
  • Choepiechakie
    Schumacher hasnt shown anything yet.
    Current F2 grid is veey average
  • Jboom98
    He has won the F3 European championship last year and in his F2 debut season this year won race 2 in Hungary he'll win F2 next season.
  • Jboom98
    Meanwhile Michael Schumacher has been admitted to Paris for special treatment new anti-inflammatory stem cell treatment I am not a doctor but I don't know if this helps his recovery or it's something else anyway keep fighting Michael B)
  • Choepiechakie
    Jboom98 wrote: »
    Meanwhile Michael Schumacher has been admitted to Paris for special treatment new anti-inflammatory stem cell treatment I am not a doctor but I don't know if this helps his recovery or it's something else anyway keep fighting Michael B)

It wont
  • holdenwait
    55476 posts National Treasure
    oh hi Pascal

pascal-wehrlein-development-dr.jpg
  • Choepiechakie
    Kubica leaving Williams
  • holdenwait
    I mean it's not like that car was going anywhere, but still a waste of time for everyone involved but Kubica I suppose
  • Choepiechakie
    He brought in sponsors, so maybe if it wasnt for him there wouldn't be a Williams this year
  • Choepiechakie
    Please fire Gunther Steiner, he's content but not good enough
  • holdenwait
    grosjean still having a seat is shocking
  • IAIK7
    3394 posts National Call-Up
    holdenwait wrote: »
    grosjean still having a seat is shocking

There's only 1 explanation. He has nudes of Steiner.
  • holdenwait
    leclerc topping the charts in FP3 has me excited for this qualifying. love Singapore , such an atmosphere always and tough tough track
  • IAIK7
    There's no way that Ferrari do the same in Q3.
  • Apollo
    14406 posts Has That Special Something
    edited September 21
    Really good lap from Sainz, Norris in Q3 as well, will take that result :)
  • holdenwait
    LECLERC!!!
  • IAIK7
    This sets up a cracking race for tomorrow.
  • Zv1k0
    Wow what a quali. I'm so happy F1 is interesting again. And I'm really starting to believe that Ferrari really has the best car now. Fastest on power tracks and now on technical as well. Summer upgrades were huge for them.
  • Farlz
    8364 posts League Winner
    Charles smashing it
  • Choepiechakie
    GG. Didnt expect that.