3384 posts National Call-Up
    GET IN CHARLES!
  • Choepiechakie
    31427 posts National Team Captain
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    GET IN CHARLES!

• Alex_cr
    4796 posts National Call-Up
    Great drive. Well done Leclerc. As long as Ferrari can produce the car then next year is gonna be immense!
  • Zv1k0
    5874 posts Big Money Move
    Deserved.
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zv1k0 wrote: »
    And some people still think he deserves that Merc seat...

He does, you lot just hating but actually he does his job
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Well in Charles, great drive
  • Choepiechakie
    Pietu wrote: »

He doesnt. When he has to show up he doesnt show up
  • Zv1k0

Great job today, again. Much younger tyres, slipstream, and 384890 mistakes in last 5 laps. Great job as always!
  • IAIK7
    Ferrari putting Charles on the hards was crucial for that win.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    It’s a joke Bottas has that Merc seat. Awful driver
  • Choepiechakie
    Please swap Russel and Bottas next year
  • Zv1k0

Ferrari making a good strategy call? That's new. :D
  • IAIK7

Ferrari making a good strategy call? That's new. :D

Better late than never.
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

Great job today, again. Much younger tyres, slipstream, and 384890 mistakes in last 5 laps. Great job as always!

Leclerc had a faster car and drove a pretty perfect race. If Lewis can't get past Leclerc then you shouldn't expect Bottas to get past him. He does his job as the 2nd driver brilliantly
  • Alex_cr

Leclerc had a faster car and drove a pretty perfect race. If Lewis can't get past Leclerc then you shouldn't expect Bottas to get past him. He does his job as the 2nd driver brilliantly

I think the thing is people don’t really want second drivers. Or if there’s going to be it needs to be a young up and coming driver like Leclerc.

Bottas is a fine driver but he’s never winning a championship. It’s all too easy at the moment for Hamilton to rack up titles. Put Ocon in there and he might just have the talent to push him.
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero
    Alex_cr wrote: »

I think the thing is people don’t really want second drivers. Or if there’s going to be it needs to be a young up and coming driver like Leclerc.

Bottas is a fine driver but he’s never winning a championship. It’s all too easy at the moment for Hamilton to rack up titles. Put Ocon in there and he might just have the talent to push him.

As long as prime Hamilton is at Mercedes no other Merc driver is going to win the championship let's be honest, not even Leclerc or Verstappen
  • Choepiechakie

Like i said I didnt expect bottas to get past him but atleast get within DRS. But he couldnt string good laps in
  • Alex_cr

As long as prime Hamilton is at Mercedes no other Merc driver is going to win the championship let's be honest, not even Leclerc or Verstappen

So you’re saying that Verstappen couldn’t beat Hamilton in a fair fight? I think it’d be a decent competition.
  • RealM
    5287 posts Big Money Move
    Not the same without Max fighting for first.
  • Zv1k0

Bottas had a lot fresher tyres. He was faster. You could clearly see he was a lot faster but he made a mistake every single lap.
    We had this exact conversation before after Hockenheim where he couldn't pass Racing Point and Toro Rosso. Come on.......He's like Gasly who does better in lesser team.

You are Finnish aren't you? Because there's no way a Mercedes fan is happy with Bottas.
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

So you’re saying that Verstappen couldn’t beat Hamilton in a fair fight? I think it’d be a decent competition.

Yes. That is what I'm saying.

Bottas had a lot fresher tyres. He was faster. You could clearly see he was a lot faster but he made a mistake every single lap.
    We had this exact conversation before after Hockenheim where he couldn't pass Racing Point and Toro Rosso. Come on.......He's like Gasly who does better in lesser team.

You are Finnish aren't you? Because there's no way a Mercedes fan is happy with Bottas.

I am. He does his job, why would they change a working unit in Hamilton and Bottas? They have chemistry and they work together
  • Alex_cr

I am. He does his job, why would they change a working unit in Hamilton and Bottas? They have chemistry and they work together

For the same reason Ferrari did. To have a better overall team. Only problem is Ferrari replaced the wrong driver 😂
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

For the same reason Ferrari did. To have a better overall team. Only problem is Ferrari replaced the wrong driver 😂

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't you think that Mercedes already is the best team? Why change it if it's working. Who says that if they get let's say Verstappen it's going work, sure he has the talent but I don't think Mercedes wants another Rosberg situation.
  • Farlz
    8347 posts League Winner
    Off the top of my head I'd say Verstappen, Leclerc, Ricciardo and maybe even fraudy Seb would actually give Hamilton competition in the same car. Last time Lewis had a competent driver next to him in Rosberg, he didn't win the world title.

Bottas is absolutely awful and shouldn't be anywhere near the Merc drive.
  • Alex_cr

Correct me if i'm wrong but don't you think that Mercedes already is the best team? Why change it if it's working. Who says that if they get let's say Verstappen it's going work, sure he has the talent but I don't think Mercedes wants another Rosberg situation.

Yeah I think Merc are the best team but that’s all down to Hamilton really. But he won’t go on forever so need to be planning for the future.

Plus the majority of fans just want a real good title fight.
  • Pietu
    1842 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah I think Merc are the best team but that’s all down to Hamilton really. But he won’t go on forever so need to be planning for the future.

Plus the majority of fans just want a real good title fight.

Correct, he won't but no need to change just yet, when the time is right and it isn't yet
  • Alex_cr
    Farlz wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I'd say Verstappen, Leclerc, Ricciardo and maybe even fraudy Seb would actually give Hamilton competition in the same car. Last time Lewis had a competent driver next to him in Rosberg, he didn't win the world title.

Bottas is absolutely awful and shouldn't be anywhere near the Merc drive.

Verstappen yes, Leclerc, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. He’s made a lot of errors this year as well as the brilliant moments.

The other 2, not a chance.