• Farlz
    8267 posts League Winner
    :disappointed:
  • IAIK7
    3306 posts National Call-Up
    Great call by Mercedes.
  • Zv1k0
    5792 posts Big Money Move
    Wow. Insane pace difference. This was 8 seconds in like 3 laps. Max's tyres were bad but they went to dead in 2 laps.
  • Choepiechakie
    31038 posts National Team Captain
    WOOP WOOP
  • Farlz
    8267 posts League Winner
    Not a chance for Max once Lewis pitted for mediums, good call from Merc
  • Choepiechakie
    YESSSS YESSSS
    SHUSH🤫🤫🤫🤫
  • Pietu
    1382 posts Professional
    YESSSS YESSSS
    SHUSH🤫🤫🤫🤫

This ain't fifa man :wink:
  • Pietu
    1382 posts Professional
    Another good race from Kimi! Doing wonders with that Alpha, a real alpha male!
  • Farlz
    8267 posts League Winner
    Shoutout to Sainz, smashed it
  • Zv1k0
    Vettel was right. Soft tyre was the fastest at the end. Maybe if Max pitted few laps after Hamilton for softs this would end up the other way around.
  • RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    feels bad.
  • Alex_cr
    4231 posts National Call-Up
    Great drive. I know a lot of you will disagree for various reasons but I’ve been watching this sport for a long time and he is one of the greatest I’ve seen.

If I wanted someone to lead from the front I’d want Lewis, if I wanted someone to chase like crazy for 20 laps like today it’d be Lewis.

Yes, he’s in a great car but wasn’t always the case with McLaren and don’t forget where Merc were when he started with them. He’ll break every record I’m sure by the end of his career and after Schumacher that seemed insurmountable.
  • Choepiechakie
    Alex_cr wrote: »
    Great drive. I know a lot of you will disagree for various reasons but I’ve been watching this sport for a long time and he is one of the greatest I’ve seen.

If I wanted someone to lead from the front I’d want Lewis, if I wanted someone to chase like crazy for 20 laps like today it’d be Lewis.

Yes, he’s in a great car but wasn’t always the case with McLaren and don’t forget where Merc were when he started with them. He’ll break every record I’m sure by the end of his career and after Schumacher that seemed insurmountable.

Facts
  • Shaanxz
    20097 posts Club Captain
    I’d take Fernando over Hamilton for both
  • Alex_cr
    Shaanxz wrote: »

Remember what happened when Hamilton as a rookie took on Alonso and nearly won? Yeah, that’s why Alonso has 2 world titles and Hamilton will end up with I don’t know how many.

Look, I love Fernando. But if you’ve been watching as long as I have you’d know he isn’t even the closest challenger to Lewis in both respects.
  • Farlz
    8267 posts League Winner
    I'm not stupid enough to understand Hamilton is a fantasticl driver, I'm just a fan of a certain Max Verstappen who i'd prefer to win. Disappointed Max didn't win of course but it was a brilliant strategy call from Merc and drive from Lewis today.

I still think Bottas is awful though and nothing will change my mind on that.
  • Farlz
    8267 posts League Winner
    Alonso is incredibly unlucky not to have more than 2 world titles tbf
  • Alex_cr
    Farlz wrote: »
    I'm not stupid enough to understand Hamilton is a fantasticl driver, I'm just a fan of a certain Max Verstappen who i'd prefer to win. Disappointed Max didn't win of course but it was a brilliant strategy call from Merc and drive from Lewis today.

I still think Bottas is awful though and nothing will change my mind on that.

Entirely understandable although I’ve never felt an allegiance to a driver myself.

I think awful is wrong word for Bottas but certainly not of the quality you’d expect at the top team in F1
  • Alex_cr
    Farlz wrote: »
    Alonso is incredibly unlucky not to have more than 2 world titles tbf

Phrase you make your own luck comes to mind with Alonso.
  • Alex_cr
    By the way, absolute joke Verstappen getting driver of the day. Not saying he did anything wrong but Hamilton did everything right. I’d probably have voted Sainz over Verstappen.
  • Zv1k0

Look, I love Fernando. But if you’ve been watching as long as I have you’d know he isn’t even the closest challenger to Lewis in both respects.

I'm sure if they were at the same car now he'd be a bigger challenge for him than Bottas. Considering the age difference, that's more than good enough. Kimi has won 1 championship so that means he is trash compared to Hamilton/Schumacher,..? No. Consider the competition too. Mercedes were unchallenged for 3 years when Hamilton won. Kimi and Alonso had to fight. Just like Vettel winning 4 championships doesn't make him better than Alonso. Red Bull were unchallenged too at the time.
  • Apollo
    13028 posts Has That Special Something
    Great result for Sainz that!

Another good points haul for McLaren :blush:
  • Alex_cr
    Zv1k0 wrote: »

I'm sure if they were at the same car now he'd be a bigger challenge for him than Bottas. Considering the age difference, that's more than good enough. Kimi has won 1 championship so that means he is trash compared to Hamilton/Schumacher,..? No. Consider the competition too. Mercedes were unchallenged for 3 years when Hamilton won. Kimi and Alonso had to fight. Just like Vettel winning 4 championships doesn't make him better than Alonso. Red Bull were unchallenged too at the time.

Mate, I’m talking about drivers of the past - the Senna’s etc.

You know the lack of recognition Hamilton gets makes me question my beliefs as to where we are as a society.
  • Pietu
    1382 posts Professional
    I would take Kimi over anyone but that's because I'm EXTREMELY biased
  • Alex_cr

Oh and Kimi is awesome but while he most certainly isn’t trash he’s not comparable to the likes of Alonso and Schumacher.
  • Zv1k0

Mate, I’m talking about drivers of the past - the Senna’s etc.

You know the lack of recognition Hamilton gets makes me question my beliefs as to where we are as a society.

I agree, he's definitely one of the greatest but don't disrespect Fernando like that. :D
  • Shaanxz
    20097 posts Club Captain
    Always rated max
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.grandprix247.com/2019/08/03/verstappen-fernando-couldve-won-8-or-9-f1-titles-in-the-right-team/amp/

Also funny how Vettel finally mentioned how he thought Fernando never liked him
  • RealM
    5149 posts Big Money Move
    Gasly to stay at Red Bull for now then it looks like. Got the summer break to get his act together and go fight Ferrari instead of everyone else.
  • Choepiechakie
    RIP Gasly.

But shame it isnt Kvyat