Does Pace/5ATB/PTB and winning make you a good player?

Kman
2447 posts Fans' Favourite
edited November 2016
I'm interested to see the communities answer to this as I'm seeing more and more people saying if they win using these tactics that they are "good"...

Comments

• Sleepthisaway
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Winning is winning at the end of the day, but I wouldn't class them as a good player, just someone who's willing to win at any cost.

The Jose mourinho of the FIFA world
  • Kman
    Winning is winning at the end of the day, but I wouldn't class them as a good player, just someone who's willing to win at any cost.

Yep. The delusional in this community they are actually good is quite pathetic.
  • sonnyfilth
    3742 posts National Call-Up
    Kman wrote: »

Yep. The delusional in this community they are actually good is quite pathetic.

Jose Mourinho is a good manager.

He wins.

That makes him good.

Do you have some kind of problem that you need to seek help for?

How can you not grasp your head around the fact if you win at something, you are good at it.
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    Not at all, just means you're better at exploiting the game than your opponents.
  • sonnyfilth
    SimmoEFC wrote: »
    Not at all, just means you're better at exploiting the game than your opponents.

That by definition makes you good, my god you people are salty about pace for some reason lol.
  • Kman

Spot on.
  • SimmoEFC
    11462 posts Has That Special Something
    sonnyfilth wrote: »

That by definition makes you good, my god you people are salty about pace for some reason lol.
    No it doesn't. It means you exploit the game in every way while your opponent is trying to play good FIFA. That doesn't make you good lol
  • Kman

No it doesn't. It means you exploit the game in every way while your opponent is trying to play good FIFA. That doesn't make you good lol

Thank you mate...I don't feel like I'm going crazy anymore...
  • Dronegan
    992 posts Professional

Indeed, i face alot better players in div1 than i do in the weekend league. I still lose more in the WL though.
    I know i get dragged into playing my opponents game. That is pushing up my players when he is parking the bus and then getting counterattacked 3 vs 4 or 3 vs 3 with his 3 pacy strikers.

It dont mind though since ive never managed to be bothered to play more than 14 games in the weekend league. I was even going really strong last week with 11 wins and 1 loss but just couldnt take playing against super defensive people while i had awful delay, dont want to go insane over a game.
  • sonnyfilth

Ok I'll assume you're not as thick as that guy who's trolling.

"playing good FIFA" is subjective, that's a matter of opinion, your perception of good will differ to others.

You know what isn't subjective, and a matter of opinion, and open to interpretation.

THE SCORE LINE

Scoring a goal adds 1 goal no matter how you score it.

In the pro tournaments do they award the wins based on pass accuracy, or triangle play, or anything? No, it's based on goals scores.

So scoring more goals and winning makes you better than the person you just beat.

It's not debatable, it's a fact.
  • Kman

Ok I'll assume you're not as thick as that guy who's trolling.

"playing good FIFA" is subjective, that's a matter of opinion, your perception of good will differ to others.

You know what isn't subjective, and a matter of opinion, and open to interpretation.

THE SCORE LINE

Scoring a goal adds 1 goal no matter how you score it.

In the pro tournaments do they award the wins based on pass accuracy, or triangle play, or anything? No, it's based on goals scores.

So scoring more goals and winning makes you better than the person you just beat.

It's not debatable, it's a fact.

You are so dumb it's scary
  • Daveofwales01
    7473 posts League Winner
    The problem is the gap between good football and good fifa is bigger than ever, the time you have to play a match being so limited means that holding the ball and tiring out your opponents is not as effective as you feel the pressure to score quickly.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Let me start by saying I'm not a fan of the fact that pace > everything in FIFA land, but you have to play the game yu are given.

FIFA is a game and games have set rules, if people are playing to those rules and winning then they are better than the people they are beating at that game.

You wouldn't play a game of chess and accuse people of queen abusing. The queen is the most useful piece in the game, you don't identify that fact and then say "We're not allowed to use queens because their OP". You just play the game to it's rules.

If you really want to impose restrictions on how you play (which I have done myself) then fine, but don't expect others to and don't get annoyed when they do. The players aren't the issue, it's the game that's the problem if the game was less geared towards pace then less people would use it.
  • Menaceuk
    1382 posts Professional

In other words, they are cry baby **** who think they are good but are actually crap and are ****.
  • sonnyfilth
    Menaceuk wrote: »

In other words, they are cry baby **** who think they are good but are actually crap and are ****.

It's actually you lot who are crying, keep whinging, and we will just keep zooming past you, learn to defend :)

While we win, you can lose, I don't think Mourinho is crying over his trophy haul or bank balance, but keep talking trash about him x]
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2016
    Robes wrote: »
    Let me start by saying I'm not a fan of the fact that pace > everything in FIFA land, but you have to play the game yu are given.

FIFA is a game and games have set rules, if people are playing to those rules and winning then they are better than the people they are beating at that game.

You wouldn't play a game of chess and accuse people of queen abusing. The queen is the most useful piece in the game, you don't identify that fact and then say "We're not allowed to use queens because their OP". You just play the game to it's rules.

If you really want to impose restrictions on how you play (which I have done myself) then fine, but don't expect others to and don't get annoyed when they do. The players aren't the issue, it's the game that's the problem if the game was less geared towards pace then less people would use it.

That's not the best of comparisons because in chess there's no RNG, playing park the bus is the equivalent of opening memorisation in chess, a kid that knows how to play a certain position by having chess database within a click will crush Capablanca in the opening. So you have to do that too to showcase your skill superiority. Park the bus just requires you to play a way you don't to play because it's everything we hate about football, you have to work so hard yet he has to do so little
  • Menaceuk
    1382 posts Professional

It's actually you lot who are crying, keep whinging, and we will just keep zooming past you, learn to defend :)

While we win, you can lose, I don't think Mourinho is crying over his trophy haul or bank balance, but keep talking trash about him x]

Who is whinging? I love you crap players. You throw 5 at the back, Musa and Bakumbu up top and become predictable as the sunrise. So easy to beat.

Mourinho is crap and a ****. His bank balance is irrelevant.
  • Kman

The players are 50% the issue no doubt
  • sonnyfilth

Who is whinging? I love you crap players. You throw 5 at the back, Musa and Bakumbu up top and become predictable as the sunrise. So easy to beat.

I almost guarantee your win % in FIFA doesn't come close to mine for a start. If it was so predictable and easy to beat, all of you people wouldn't spend majority of your time on the forums whinging about it and crying.

Arguably one of the best managers of the last decade is crap now? It's also not irrelevant, it kinda shows how good of a job he's done to keep having these top clubs interested in him lol.

But na you're right champ ;)
  • Menaceuk
    1382 posts Professional

I almost guarantee your win % in FIFA doesn't come close to mine for a start. If it was so predictable and easy to beat, all of you people wouldn't spend majority of your time on the forums whinging about it and crying.

Arguably one of the best managers of the last decade is crap now? It's also not irrelevant, it kinda shows how good of a job he's done to keep having these top clubs interested in him lol.

But na you're right champ ;)

He only done well cause things went right for him.

Look at his last Chelsea season, nothing went right, he no clue what to do so it balmed the medical staff. What a ****.

Now look at United, same thing, not going right and he hasn;t a clue what to do, even failed when playing 6 at the back.

The dude is overrated and joke.

Show us your win % then fam. Go on, stroke that ego and show us all your glorious wins from playing boring **** tactics that don't resemble football at all.

• Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

That's not the best of comparisons because in chess there's no RNG, playing park the bus is the equivalent of opening memorisation in chess, a kid that knows how to play a certain position by having chess database within a click will crush Capablanca in the opening. So you have to do that too to showcase your skill superiority. Park the bus just requires you to play a way you don't to play because it's everything we hate about football, you have to work so hard yet he has to do so little

I take what you're saying and it wasn't meant to be a great comparision really so much as making a point that any rules you impose on yourself are up to you.

I'm not saying PTB is either a great tactic or a bad one but it's a tactic and like it or not it's part of the game so you have to deal with it and saying someone is a worse player than you because he used and beat you with it (or any tactic for that matter) is just silly.
    He beat you = he was better than you in that match.

• Whitebeard
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Cheaters on pc use trainers to win.
    Are they good players because they win so much!?
    Winning=/ good player
  • jackm57
    2151 posts Fans' Favourite
    Makes you a pro.
  • RadioShaq
    14541 posts Moderator
    Why do that when you can play 4 atb go defensive set cts fullbacks and cdms to stay back that way you always have 5 atb and your 3 forwards to get in behind so they get on the counter faster than park the bus now thats a skill setup.
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Nothing else determines the better player apart from the final score.

I try to play "football" and often lose to people just exploiting the games issues.

But, whether I like it or not if someone beats me 3-0 they are better than me. PTB pace abuse or not.

• Kman

I try to play "football" and often lose to people just exploiting the games issues.

But, whether I like it or not if someone beats me 3-0 they are better than me. PTB pace abuse or not.

Strongly disagree

• Antiversum
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2016
    It's neither black nor white. It's not that they are good or bad.

Of course playing like the game wants to be played is a kind of skill but you have to have in mind that then everything you do is not just you, the game helps you with every single move much more like other players who don't rely that much on autotackling or bad player switching in defense for your opponent when you're zigzaggin with Musa.
  • Menaceuk
    1382 posts Professional

Getting beat 3-0 because the first half your players were stuck in quicksand doesn't =- better player.

There really isn't a way to determine the better player because matches are simply noncompetitive.

Saying they won so they are better is not even close to being true.
  • jackm57
    2151 posts Fans' Favourite

Nope.

I'll be honest I'm not great at fifa but custom tactics and sweaty exploits make terrible players good.

The only way to truly determine if someone is better than you is to play a game of seasons with the same team, same formation, no custom tactics and no mentality changes.

Then and only then will the best player win.
  • RioIMBA
    579 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Well people, you are playing FIFA and ptb is a part of it and pace is also. I dont play ptb and dont abuse that ptb abd high pace up top but i found a way to beat them. So should you, its a part of the game u signed up to buy it and play it. I accept the fact that people will play that way and i found a way through! Close this. So endless. Its no such thing as puss.y strat or play like a real man in football. Its a strategy, beat it, prove u r better. Or lose trying. Or you can copy their ptb play.

Simple.