OT- 55inc or 65inc Tv

Solomace
460 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi peeps,

My garage conversion man cave will be ready next month and I'm now sourcing a new TV for my xbone/Ps4/android box.

I have a budget of around £900 and I'm interested in the Hisense 65 inc TV, however I've always been a Samsung kinda guy.

I'm looking at a low input lag with great pic quality and 4k only.

I'm monitoring Richer sounds and also their clearance/referbs.

Anyone any other recommendations ? I'm in the UK btw.

Is it worth me waiting until Black Friday?

Thanks in advance peeps.

Comments

• MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    edited November 2016
    I have three Samsungs, about that size, two are a bit smaller (in the 45" range) and all three play beautifully. I would highly recommend getting a Samsung. :)

Edit: Also, yeah wait till Black Friday, you will get a lot more bang for your buck, but sometimes they have some sweet presales as well on electronics such as TVs.
  • Heisenberg
    388 posts Sunday League Hero
    I use a BENQ gaming monitor for my gaming and i've never gone back. People may think it only applies to shooters etc. but FIFA is a lot better and they are a lot cheaper to, if you're looking for some advice :)
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    Solomace wrote: »
    Hi peeps,

My garage conversion man cave will be ready next month and I'm now sourcing a new TV for my xbone/Ps4/android box.

I have a budget of around £900 and I'm interested in the Hisense 65 inc TV, however I've always been a Samsung kinda guy.

Thanks in advance peeps.

Bigger the picture the worse the response times - I would never use 4K via console as the hardware to date is poor - get a tv for your cave but budget for a half decent gaming monitor or your going to be disappointed - large TVs are not built for gaming

• Solomace
    I have three Samsungs, about that size, two are a bit smaller (in the 45" range) and all three play beautifully. I would highly recommend getting a Samsung. :)

Edit: Also, yeah wait till Black Friday, you will get a lot more bang for your buck, but sometimes they have some sweet presales as well on electronics such as TVs.

Cheers pal.

Heisenberg wrote: »
    I use a BENQ gaming monitor for my gaming and i've never gone back. People may think it only applies to shooters etc. but FIFA is a lot better and they are a lot cheaper to, if you're looking for some advice :)

I have 40inc 4k Philips monitor for my PC gaming which is what I do most of and what I spend my money on. I currently use it for when I play FIFA and it does look sweet. However, I'm still wanting a larger than 40 inc so 55 is my minimum.

Still something to think about so cheers.
    SurferDude wrote: »
    Hi peeps,

Thanks in advance peeps.

Bigger the picture the worse the response times - I would never use 4K via console as the hardware to date is poor - get a tv for your cave but budget for a half decent gaming monitor or your going to be disappointed - large TVs are not built for gaming

I do understand what you mean however reviews say differently if you get the right TV. Anything under 50 is acceptable with under 40 being the sweet spot. Is this not the case?

Most large screen samsungs seem to have a good response time according to some websites.

My plan is my triple monitors for serious gaming and large TV for console and movies whilst sitting on on my two layzboys :smile:

Thanks pal.
  • Orison
    48727 posts FIFA Cover Star

Cheers pal.

I have 40inc 4k Philips monitor for my PC gaming which is what I do most of and what I spend my money on. I currently use it for when I play FIFA and it does look sweet. However, I'm still wanting a larger than 40 inc so 55 is my minimum.

Hi peeps,

Thanks in advance peeps.

I do understand what you mean however reviews say differently if you get the right TV. Anything under 50 is acceptable with under 40 being the sweet spot. Is this not the case?

Most large screen samsungs seem to have a good response time according to some websites.

My plan is my triple monitors for serious gaming and large TV for console and movies whilst sitting on on my two layzboys :smile:

Thanks pal.

40ms in general might be fine, so 30ms ping+10ms response time, but 30ms ping+50ms response time must be noticable compared to a monitor imo.
  • Solomace
    Orison wrote: »

Cheers pal.

Hi peeps,

Thanks in advance peeps.

Thanks pal.

40ms in general might be fine, so 30ms ping+10ms response time, but 30ms ping+50ms response time must be noticable compared to a monitor imo.

Will look further into it. Cheers m8.
  • Muzza11
    8487 posts League Winner
    also remember Project Scorpio next year if you are going to get it, you will need a 4k tv
  • BrettEmmett
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stay away from Hisense 4K big tvs. The input lag you'll get is absolutely shocking if you're not playing on native resolution.
  • BrettEmmett
    347 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also if you want great sound, either get a decent soundbar that has a subwoofer, or a pair of turtle beach stealth 500x
  • Solomace
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    also remember Project Scorpio next year if you are going to get it, you will need a 4k tv

4k, HDR, low input lag, oled, minimum of 55in and all under £900. Think I will need a Black Friday x2!!!!
    :)

I hear ya m8. 4k is a minimum but I'm defo not going smaller than 55.

I've read cosmopolitan and it states quite clearly that size is everything... Wrong magazine? :wink:

• DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Smaller monitor is better
  • Solomace
    You guys are killing my gaming room dream man :wink:

Besides trying to get a low lag/input tv, whats the main problem with 55/65 for gaming?

Bearing in mind that most of my gaming is done on my sweet PC, the TV is primarily for me playing Fifa on the Xbox which is the only game I own on this console and then playing games like The Last of Us, Uncharted, Tomb etc or my PS4.

I really don't want to go smaller than 55, however it seems that large screen gaming is going to be as good as I thought.

Does no one play on a 55 or 65 inc TV that can give me some **** of light :)

Cheers all.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up

This.

My Samsung is great. Only issue i've had is when my remote broke so had to wait 3 days for a new one :joy:
  • Solomace

This.

My Samsung is great. Only issue i've had is when my remote broke so had to wait 3 days for a new one :joy:

What size and type bud please?
  • Ulook92
    12939 posts Has That Special Something
    Anything beyond 52" is pointless imo. I actually wish my tv was smaller :lol:
  • Solomace
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    Anything beyond 52" is pointless imo. I actually wish my tv was smaller :lol:

Can I ask why m8?
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    Just a bit of information, a good friend of mine bought a Walmart brand TV, it had a problem (years later, mind you), he opened it up, and it had all Samsung internals. So he basically got a Samsung TV for Walmart pricing.
  • Solomace
    maymanpele wrote: »
    Just a bit of information, a good friend of mine bought a Walmart brand TV, it had a problem (years later, mind you), he opened it up, and it had all Samsung internals. So he basically got a Samsung TV for Walmart pricing.

That would be Asda over here? Was thinking of making a visit to Costco and having a gander. The only problem is I usually end up buying 24 bottles of Coke, lots of beans and a ton of toilet paper and of cause the obligatory pizza on the way out and usually forget what I came for in the first place :wink:

Cheers m8.
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up

This.

What size and type bud please?

Mines a Samsung KS7500. It's a 49" but they are available in bigger, and smaller, sizes :)

We couldn't fit a much bigger TV in the living room so had to get a smaller standing meaning smaller TV.
  • Andrizzu
    188 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I've had a 51" Samsung for around 5/6 years and it's been impeccable value for money.
  • maymanpele
    14389 posts Has That Special Something
    maymanpele wrote: »

That would be Asda over here? Was thinking of making a visit to Costco and having a gander. The only problem is I usually end up buying 24 bottles of Coke, lots of beans and a ton of toilet paper and of cause the obligatory pizza on the way out and usually forget what I came for in the first place :wink:

Cheers m8.

Haha toilet paper and pizza are a must. I would have probably opted for Dr Pepper vs coke though.