'Possession', 'Counter Attack' etc numbers

Orikoru
10712 posts Has That Special Something
Just wondering if anyone can do me a massive favour and post the full number settings for these default tactics please?? I've got a tournament with mates tomorrow but I won't have time to look them up beforehand, and CTs are banned in the interest of time-saving, so I'd like to select the pre-set that most closely matches my usual CTs. :grin:

Comments

• METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    edited November 2016
    389c6c592c53996abfa91b670ba18a04.jpg
  • Orikoru
    METH wrote: »
    7468c018488c72ec5cefcdaa5b441627.png

389c6c592c53996abfa91b670ba18a04.png

Eh, these images aren't working for me.
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    7468c018488c72ec5cefcdaa5b441627.jpg
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Fixed them now
  • Orikoru
    METH wrote: »
    Fixed them now

Thanks mate! Is the first one possession and the second one counter I take it?
  • METH
    940 posts Semi-Pro
    Yep
  • jamcd
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    This just gave me an idea. Has anyone tried doing crazy settings with the sliders to see if you can notice the difference? Considering doing a custom possession with 100 passing on both settings :D
  • Orikoru
    jamcd wrote: »
    This just gave me an idea. Has anyone tried doing crazy settings with the sliders to see if you can notice the difference? Considering doing a custom possession with 100 passing on both settings :D

That wouldn't be possession though, that would be the opposite of possession - since the default possession one has 20 and 20.

From the above it seems Counter Attack is more similar to my CTs - but it is more exaggerated. For example, it has 95 build-up speed where I use 60, and 10 pressure where I use 40. But I'll give it a go I think.
  • jamcd
    Orikoru wrote: »

That wouldn't be possession though, that would be the opposite of possession - since the default possession one has 20 and 20.

From the above it seems Counter Attack is more similar to my CTs - but it is more exaggerated. For example, it has 95 build-up speed where I use 60, and 10 pressure where I use 40. But I'll give it a go I think.

I don't really understand why the possession setting has 20 on passing, how does that make any sense? Maybe this is more a slow and boring version of possession. Maybe I should make my own tiki-taka style setting.
  • jamcd

I don't really understand why the possession setting has 20 on passing, how does that make any sense? Maybe this is more a slow and boring version of possession. Maybe I should make my own tiki-taka style setting.

It actually also explains why the possession setting doesn't play as well as it should. Those settings almost make it look like a time wasting tactic.
  • Orikoru

I don't know, I guess it's 20 for speed so they don't run beyond the player too quickly. They'll make a slow run alongside him for a sideways pass or whatever. I can't really play that way, always have speed at least over 50. I had it on 75 on Fifa 16 but that didn't work on the new game.
  • Orikoru

It actually also explains why the possession setting doesn't play as well as it should. Those settings almost make it look like a time wasting tactic.

Yeah it looks like possession is in just keeping the ball for the sake of it. Trying to choke out a 1-0 win off 2 shots or something. I hate people who play that way, kills the game.
  • jamcd

I don't know, I guess it's 20 for speed so they don't run beyond the player too quickly. They'll make a slow run alongside him for a sideways pass or whatever. I can't really play that way, always have speed at least over 50. I had it on 75 on Fifa 16 but that didn't work on the new game.

Perhaps, yeah. I think I will stop using it now then. The problem is I hate using counter attack because it's such a one-dimensional play style, but maybe a high speed passing game might be more interesting :)
  • paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2016
    20 is passing distance. Keeps players close to avoid interceptions.

Once you go above 30 it's no longer possession play really. Passes are too long/gaps and you big.

If you Want fast paced possession, you want 20 passing, but a faster build up speed. Around 60.
  • SaifR
    12842 posts Has That Special Something
    Short passing doesn't mean you're playing a possession game. A possession game is where you seek to keep dominate possession of the ball to control the flow of the game.

Counter attacking with quick short passing is still counter attacking.