Board Objectives Tips

assistmanforever
18 posts Ball Boy
edited November 2016
I actually don't mind the board expectations; however, there are definitely some bugs. Here are some things that I've learned regarding some of the board expectations:

Sign a crucial forward/striker: Straightforward. Sign a CF, RW, LW or ST and give them the Crucial classification. They have to be good enough or they'll say they don't believe you and won't sign.

Sign a Midfielder or Midfielder: You're eyes aren't deceiving you. There's a wording glitch. When the objective says Midfielder or Midfielder, they really mean Midfielder OR Striker/Forward. I met the goal when I signed a ST, LW, RW or CF.

Keep 85% attendance for 5 home games in a row: I'm confused about this one. I have met this goal before. Other times I haven't. Right now I'm Grimsby Town in the 3rd league. I'm in first place--dominating everybody. I am stuck at 1/5. The only thing I can think of is I'm playing so well that fans are bored and expect wins so they don't come. I have met this one before with other average teams. It could have something to do with having really good players who fans want to come see. I don't have any players 80 or above. I'm baffled by this one though.

Grow two players by 10 points and play them in X number of matches (sometimes 5 matches sometimes 1/2 of games): First of all, I'm pretty sure the games have to be league games. They can't be tournaments or Champions League, etc. I'm not sure if you need to grow both players by 5 points each (hence 10 points total) or if you have to grow both players by 10 points each? I'm also not sure if you need to grow these points while IN the academy or if you can do them once you sign them. You could try it a couple ways and see what works, but I have achieved this one. When I achieved it, I believe I grew two players (GK and CB) by 10 points EACH. I believe I did some of the growth while IN the academy and most outside of academy.

Increase shirt sales by X $ amount: Sign some really good players. Your shirt sales will shoot up. When I've hard really good teams, I usually achieve this one by midway through the season. Pretty easy.

Sign youth players w/ good potentials: Straight forward. You can sign them. You'll meet the goal. Then you can cut them if you want. Once you achieve an objective, I believe you can cut them or waste money, etc. and it won't take the achievement away.

Make X $ on selling youth players: I see some other people that are frustrated by this one. I sold a GK that was 78 rated 19 year old for $20M. The % graph didn't budge. I think this might be a glitch. One person said they think it could be because you're in a hole already because you have to pay lots of money if you have many players in your youth academy. Hence you think you're turning a profit by selling your youth players, but you're really in a hole. One test might be to sell a really good youth player for $100 million for instance, and see if you meet the goal. I'm going to experiment more with this one tonight.

Sign 3 youth players, sign specific position youth players: Straightforward and it works.

Finish season with x $ profit: Straightforward. Spend wisely, sell players, do what you have to do to meet that objective. It works, I've accomplished it.

Finish the season with x $ between wages + new transfers: Again, monitor your money, it's fairly straightforward. You can meet this one too.

Win the league, finish mid table, don't get relegated, win tournaments, etc.: Straight forward. You can accomplish these

Again, I'm not opposed to this. They're actually a somewhat novel idea. They just need more explaining and fixing some of the bugs. The brief explanations force us to experiment to figure out how they work.

Obviously if it's a number 1 critical priority such as maintaining finances, make sure you do it or you could get fired. It's frustrating because you can be in first place and get fired, but I guess there's no workaround.

Are there other ones you're struggling with?

One final tip is to fast forward a week once you believe you've met a goal. Sometimes it can take a few days for it to register! Sometimes you meet the objective instantly and your manager rating score goes up. Other times it can take a couple days. Some of these might also not show up until the end of the season.

Comments

• Smushs88
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    They're all reasonable but I have trouble with

Finish season with x $ profit:
    Straightforward. Spend wisely, sell players, do what you have to do to meet that objective. It works, I've accomplished it.

Maybe with a better financially backed team it would work but I'm Reading, having trimmed my squad last year to cut overspending on wages etc and meet that financial objective I've now to end the season with £17m profit.!

I've totalled my squad and if I sold everyone for their value I'd scrape £22m, adding the £4m I've got to buy players means I'd have to rebuild a whole squad with £9m, which would be doable if the season didn't start so damn soon either.

really can't seem me getting anywhere near this objective.
  • assistmanforever
    18 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2016
    I have some thoughts on your Reading dilemma. I have easily achieved this, but it was with lowly teams like Wexford Youths and Grimsby town, so I didn't need to have such a high profit. My recommendation would be to try to have somewhat of a profit. Your manager points will start to go down very quickly if you disregard the objective and are in the red (negative profit). Even though you are supposed to have a $22M profit, if you can get to $7M or so, that is better than nothing. You may lose points, but a lot slower. Chip away at it. Win some tournaments to make money, sell some players. You have two transfer periods to try to turn as big of a profit as you can.

One way that I was able to accomplish this was to sign two youth GKs. I trained them hard and then sold one for a big profit. This may be sort of cheating, but it's a workaround to turn a profit. You can grow a GK 20 points in a year and sell for big money. I only ever use a 1* / 1* scout too.

And if you are at $17M out of the required $22M, I'm assuming the board isn't too unhappy with you. Like I said, you might lose a few points, but you're not going to go down drastically. It also depends how high of a priority it is too.
    Post edited by assistmanforever on
  • Grow two players by 10 points and play them in X number of matches

Just made a new topic on this because I have the same question: Growth IN or OUT of the academy? I grew a player by 11 on the normal squad and played him in more than 20 matches but somehow I failed the board objective. But you say you did most of the growth out of the academy. Don't know how that worked for you but it certainly did not for me. A bug maybe?
  • Zaqattaq
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I actually don't mind the board expectations; however, there are definitely some bugs. Here are some things that I've learned regarding some of the board expectations:

Grow two players by 10 points and play them in X number of matches (sometimes 5 matches sometimes 1/2 of games): First of all, I'm pretty sure the games have to be league games. They can't be tournaments or Champions League, etc. I'm not sure if you need to grow both players by 5 points each (hence 10 points total) or if you have to grow both players by 10 points each? I'm also not sure if you need to grow these points while IN the academy or if you can do them once you sign them. You could try it a couple ways and see what works, but I have achieved this one. When I achieved it, I believe I grew two players (GK and CB) by 10 points EACH. I believe I did some of the growth while IN the academy and most outside of academy.

Has anyone figured out if you are asked to play a player 50% of matches you can pass if it is only in the league?
  • Zaqattaq wrote: »

Has anyone figured out if you are asked to play a player 50% of matches you can pass if it is only in the league?

I'm pretty sure it has to be you league games. I had a requirement to play 5 games. I methodically kept track. I played some pre season tournament games and those other purple colored misc. tournaments and I did not achieve it after five games. When I played a total of 5 of those league (orange) games, it met the achievement. So I think it has to be league games.
  • Grow two players by 10 points and play them in X number of matches

Just made a new topic on this because I have the same question: Growth IN or OUT of the academy? I grew a player by 11 on the normal squad and played him in more than 20 matches but somehow I failed the board objective. But you say you did most of the growth out of the academy. Don't know how that worked for you but it certainly did not for me. A bug maybe?

My requirement was to grow two players by 10 points and play them in 50% of matches. I can't remember exactly, but I think I did a combination of starting to grow them while in the academy and then the majority of it came while they were out of the academy and on my roster. I grew both players by 10+ points. I also played them in more than 1/2 of my league (orange) games and met it. I can experiment with this more, but I don't think it matters if you grow them while they're in the academy or while on your team. Your problem may be you didn't play them in 1/2 of your league (orange) games?

I have a new one that is asking me to sign a youth player in the first year then play them in 50% of the matches the following year. This one is irritating because I'm Grimsby Town and I just got promoted to the Premier League. My guys are rated around 75 each. It's silly for me to sign a 55 rated youth player and try to play him in 50% of my Premier League games next year.

This objective begs another question. As you start to sign guys to your youth academy in the first year, if you look on the objective it tells you how many guys would qualify (3, 4, 5, etc.). I cannot sign the guy I want to in my first year because he's still 15. I'm curious to see if I can sign him in the SECOND year and play him 50% of the league games and see if it will work OR if he HAS to be signed in the first year.
  • Anyone has any idea how to increase season ticket holders? One of my objectives was to increase by13% but I never figured out how to do It
  • Another thing you have to be careful of is make sure you read the objective carefully. Sometimes it doesn't matter if it's a youth academy player that you signed the prior year but other times it says you must sign a player in the year and use him the following year. Basically, I could see some people not meeting the requirement if they don't write down who they signed during what year.

The objective just gives a number of how many eligible players you have, but it doesn't say who they are so you have to keep track especially if you have a large youth squad. You could have recruits from three different seasons.
  • Anyone has any idea how to increase season ticket holders? One of my objectives was to increase by13% but I never figured out how to do It

I think being successful and winning games helps. Maybe signing some really good players helps too. I had Grimsby Town in the 3rd tier English league. I was dominating the league in first place, but midway through the season I was still stuck at 1/5 for the 85% attendance goal. Then all of a sudden in the 2nd half of the season, I started achieving the goal and finished with 7/5. So I don't know what the magic secret is here. I'd say winning games is important so that fans come support you, but for me it didn't kick in until February.