IF Bonucci. Why pay 130K for a +3 strength upgrade?

Torminator
1289 posts Professional
Hi Guys,

Sometimes it amazes me what people are willing to pay for IF's. In general IF's are not worth it if its a +1 in overall rating.

This year we see a lot of low rated golds get an +3 or +4 boost or a position change, which makes a difference but why pay 130K for IF Bonucci?

Whats is your thoughts on this?

Comments

• Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Personally I wouldn't pay 100k+ for a CB anyways
  • Sandell85
    7527 posts League Winner
    yeah, will be better to buy NIF and put shadow or anchor on him
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Sandell85 wrote: »

You can buy the IF and put a shadow or anchor on him as well. The IF is still better. Maybe not 100k better, but still better. It's obvious that people pay more for the color of the card than it's quality, same way some Movember cards are going for much higher prices even though their upgrades are pretty much non existant.
  • Sandell85
    7527 posts League Winner
    Rumplefish wrote: »

You can buy the IF and put a shadow or anchor on him as well. The IF is still better. Maybe not 100k better, but still better. It's obvious that people pay more for the color of the card than it's quality, same way some Movember cards are going for much higher prices even though their upgrades are pretty much non existant.

hehe yeah i know :) his card is already good so no need for a IF imo =)
  • edgomes20
    737 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Anyone tried if? Worth change chiellini for bonucci if?
  • Sandell85
    7527 posts League Winner
    edgomes20 wrote: »
    Anyone tried if? Worth change chiellini for bonucci if?

i wouldnt, chiellini has almost better stats then bonucci and imo chiellini is great
  • vfc
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Rumplefish wrote: »

It's supply and demand. Traders know there is much profit to made because some enjoy playing with these cards regardless of the price. Noone is forcing them to pay inflated prices, they do it willingly. Demand amongst traders far outstrips those that want to play with them them thus the high prices are standard.
  • jamcd
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    Another factor is that because there is a set amount of IF cards once they are out of packs, their price is more likely to rise than drop. Even if they are not worth the coins, you're much more likely to get your coins back when you're bored of the card.

That's why I'm happy to pay a much higher price for an IF, compared to buying someone like Reus who I would lose 8k on as soon as I sell and probably even more as the prices generally drop for non-IFs over a short(ish) time.
  • Djkhalid1921
    9263 posts League Winner
    if manolas is better
  • Torminator
    1289 posts Professional
    edited November 2016
    Sure, but you also have to keep the ivestment opportunity costs of your coins in mind. I can invest the 80k i save by buying the nif and double that, more than negating the price drop of the nif.
  • jamcd
    451 posts Sunday League Hero
    if manolas is better
    He is a beast. I sold him on for a profit, but no doubt ill buy him back again soon. I have no interest in IF Bonucci when I can have IF Manolas for less.
    Torminator wrote: »
    Sure, but you also have to keep the ivestment opportunity costs of your coins in mind. I can invest the 80k i save by buying the nif and double that, more than negating the price drop of the nif.
    That makes sense. All the people buying the IFs are probably thinking along the same lines as me, but I can see why you would personally choose not to.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19224 posts World Class
    if manolas is better

Scream Matip's the best though

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't pay 100k+ for a CB anyways

• Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    if manolas is better

Scream Matip's the best though