3atb Team Pressure?

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Anybody having success with a 3atb formation?...
What team pressure are you using in CTs?... My instinct is have my back line sit quite deep but maybe a higher press would work better...

Also, what team width?.... Keep it narrow or stretch them out a bit?

Comments

• Danledge95
    4593 posts Big Money Move
    Anybody having success with a 3atb formation?...
    What team pressure are you using in CTs?... My instinct is have my back line sit quite deep but maybe a higher press would work better...

Also, what team width?.... Keep it narrow or stretch them out a bit?

i leave everything as normal

i do however use instructions to have a CM stay back, CAM to stay forward and at least one striker as TM and (sometimes) the other pressing back line.

dont have an attacking CM as such, but a balanced one.

Eg's:

Mccarthy stay back and milner balanced

IF bentaleb stay back and IF Keita balanced

Kante stay back and renato sanches balanced.

Hope this helps
  • Derryboy1893
    3564 posts National Call-Up
    I have both strikers set to press back line then use my cams or wingers to cut the passing lanes
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2016
    I gave it an honest go for 20 games. Used Airjapes' tactics and instructions (youtubers). It's great on offense, but I just couldn't get the defense to work. I felt like the CCB would push too far up and leave really big passing lanes.

Don't think you can go too wide in the back or you will get shredded. Check out Airjapes' video on 3421.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    Thanks for the replies...

I watched that YouTube video although I'm going for the 352 variation with CDMs...

Not tried it out yet because I'm getting loads of lag so it's not a good time to be learning a whole new defensive system...