How is De Gea?

DirtyDishFC
11024 posts Moderator
I gotta go qualify for next weekend and have been using Karius who is alright but Im okay with my team for the most part and have a bunch of coins to use for qualfiying. Hoping to not have to play the La Liga one cause I have a feeling many people will play that qualifier that have pre-qualified. Since it has a La Liga Premium Gold Pack as a reward. Narrow that ridiculously slim chance of packing the big La Liga players down just a little bit.

Comments

• DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    He's awesome.
  • Pikachu
    8623 posts League Winner
    I wouldn't bother, he's decent, but paying that much for a GK is pointless, Butland and Karius are just as good as De Gea and Neuer for me personally.
  • Tof33z
    6024 posts Big Money Move
    Not used him but I disagree that gk doesn't matter. Pulled an untradeable Courtouis and found him amazing. Odd mistake like all FIFA keepers but everyone I play h2h has commented (with a few choice words) how hard he is to get past. Adds a frustration factor too that can affect their finishing. Probably different for the real good players ofc but not everyone in WL can be a god
  • razor_ro
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is De Gea much better than Oblak?

I am thinking about upgrading to him but is he worth the extra 100k?
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator
    edited November 2016
    Just cake walked thru the tourney with him but the first game, the first shot he faced was a horror show. The semi's and finals he didnt have to do anything lol.

The first time he was asked to do something. Fortunately he only allowed one more..right after from a 30 yarder from Sheringham. He was on PTB from after this first goal and I came back and ended up going to pens even though the stats were heavily in my favor.

https://account.xbox.com/en-gb/gameclip/c4033f95-61db-479c-9282-c7f6fdd09c32?gamerTag=DirtyDishFC&scid=f0570100-561a-43a0-b48d-0262041e4bf4

Semi-Final were easy

7f1a558d074c3c89fbf8b6bcd63509af.png

Final was 3-0 Rage Quit at halftime, not sure why it isnt showing the score.

6ecba151846692e04e735098137200b2.png

Post edited by DirtyDishFC on
  • JeankeII
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Dunno bout you but Courtois is better at half of De Gea's price.

+ Courtois has 6cm on De Gea... that helps a lot
  • Raymondo123
    1119 posts Professional
    JeankeII wrote: »

I think I'm gonna make the change to Lloris to Courtois, what the difference in price for them?
  • Cantonas Collar
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    JeankeII wrote: »

I think I'm gonna make the change to Lloris to Courtois, what the difference in price for them?

I'm going to do the same after rage selling Lloris after the weekend league was over.
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator
    Yeah I may go back to Courtois its just I hadnt used De Gea and have use Lloris, Cech, and Courtois and for me Lloris or Courtois were the better of the 3. I think Lloris probably papered over way more cracks considering I used him in first Weekend League.
  • JamEDL86
    29 posts Last Pick at the Park
    150 coins for a training card each game
  • DirtyDishFC
    11024 posts Moderator
    Well I played nearly 500 games in the last 5 or so weeks so that would cost roughly 75k or the cost of a high rated keeper plus I dont know if those attribute cards are a positive really.
  • Raymondo123
    1119 posts Professional
    I've actually found Lloris very good, but being a Chelsea fan I think I'm gonna go with Courtois.
  • BatmansAGeordie
    1666 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    Pikachu wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother, he's decent, but paying that much for a GK is pointless, Butland and Karius are just as good as De Gea and Neuer for me personally.

This is kind of the thing. I packed DDG and he has been incredible for me, but even if there was a way I could know how well he would play for me I still wouldn't of paid over 100k for a GK.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    The difference between keepers is minimal and it's incredibly hard to compare saves etc.

Better keepers catch more and with the horrible rebounds in this game that's a massive plus. But someone like De Gea/Cech will stop shots that Butland wouldn't. It won't happen every game and after a while you'll just expect it but use a lower rated keeper for a while afterwards and you'll see it
  • iamthebest
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bigger keeper is much better. Tryed and makes a difference. It will give you a little boost.
  • JeankeII
    166 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Karius was horrible for me. Courtois catches more balls. Not nearly as much rebounds with him... The height really comes in with finesse shots. the way he can stretch and catch those is amazing.

Great reflexes makes him good at catching 1v1's if the shot is 'bad'. as In not a driven low shot that NO keeper can catch in this game.
  • AlexSolm
    8153 posts League Winner
    He's amazing, especially in 1v1's, but also gives away the occasional blunder
  • Addicksfan
    3241 posts National Call-Up
    Save your coins and get Butland
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    just bought him instead of loris, much better imo, saved almost everything, especially those sneaky long shots loris conceded
  • crackers07
    1023 posts Professional
    Had cech sold him and put begovic in who as performed much better. I want ddg but not paying current prices.
  • COACH
    20494 posts Club Captain
    Spillaren wrote: »
    just bought him instead of loris, much better imo, saved almost everything, especially those sneaky long shots loris conceded

@Spillaren

Who?
  • Spillaren
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    COACH wrote: »
    Spillaren wrote: »

@Spillaren

Who?
    DDG