How do you do it?

XxRichiexRichxX
29265 posts Player of the Year
This goes out to all the successful Elite players, or anyone that can help. Not necessarily a rant/vent, just looking for help.

I enjoy this game, I truly do, aside from a few miner things I think this is the best FIFA they've put out. My record is solid. But this weekend, and others, but this weekend in particular, I've got 8 losses, only one of them was I legitimately outplayed, Every other game I've lost by a 1 goal margin, and once to PKs... and I'm not exaggerating when I say in every one of those losses, I've conceded 1-2 goals because I tackled the ball from my opponent at least once and it ended up immediately back to him in a better position. I'm being punished for winning a tackle repeatedly and that seems to be my kryptonite when it comes to winning or losing games.

This just happens to be one that I've got recorded.

http://xboxclips.com/XxRichiexRichxX/31db6a66-35c3-4d63-889a-61cc5f9479f2

My question is how do the elite players overcome the godlike GK's, and this aids moments for being punished for essentially doing the right thing? Also any tips on when trying to intercept passes? They amount of times I've been in the perfect position for an interception and my player either misses or it goes between their legs regardless of whether or not I push a button or now.

Comments

• mjustic
    1310 posts Professional
    My question is how do the elite players overcome the godlike GK's, and this aids moments for being punished for essentially doing the right thing?

They score 2 goals more for each s#%t that happens. All of us concede from rebounds, there's no stopping it
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    mjustic wrote: »
    My question is how do the elite players overcome the godlike GK's, and this aids moments for being punished for essentially doing the right thing?

They score 2 goals more for each s#%t that happens. All of us concede from rebounds, there's no stopping it

Far easier said than done
  • PJazz
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow! That was a nasty rebound :(
  • C4D
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Literally happened to me so many times over this weekend definitely the worst one so far for gameplay, lost 8/16 of my games from the 80th minute onwards, lost a few on bs rebounds. Once you tackle a player the ball should be at your feet the game is so inconsistent, GK's are useless not even Neuer can match Begovic's level. Lost 1 game because Luke Shaw made a tackle on the penalty spot and my GK went to kick it and missed the ball and it went past him and into the goal.... Finished on 24 wins too 1 off Gold 1. :s
  • Orison
    42718 posts International Superstar
    I feel you. If I won all games I dominated this weekend I would have had 33-35 wins :joy:

My finishing is just so bad. If I convert my chances the **** my opponents score wouldn't matter, because I would be 2 or 3 or 4 goals ahead already, but since I don't convert them this **** ends up costing me games which is just frustrating.
  • Addicksfan
    2858 posts Fans' Favourite
    OP, I had a similar experience this weekend......went from Div 2 to Div 4. Losing 10 games drawing 2 and winning 2....Now I have never done that....I was well beaten in two of those games, no problem with that, it's the games where I end up with more possession, more shots on target and from good scoring positions than my opponent that I have an issue with......

ridiculous rebounds, seemingly good tackles that end up with his player still having the ball and your defender not goal side anymore....my players getting in the way of each other both attacking and defending wise, through balls going to a different player I was aiming for, players not making attacking runs seemingly stuck in mud, tapping the A button for a short pass only for it to ping out for a throw, like I'd held the button down for ages. Shots not going where I aimed them, players through one on one miskicking the ball and falling over, defenders missing the ball and falling over.....strong players like Lukaku getting pushed off the ball by players such as Bellerin.....

The gaps on high end players (88 and above) to low to mid tier players (78-84) is very slight, GK especially, Butland performs as well if not better than 90 rated De Gea. Renato Sanches is THE best midfielder in the game period
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    PJazz wrote: »
    Wow! That was a nasty rebound :(

Legit those types of rebounds were probably about 70% of the goals I conceded over the weekend.
  • PJazz
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    Addicksfan wrote: »
    OP, I had a similar experience this weekend......went from Div 2 to Div 4. Losing 10 games drawing 2 and winning 2....Now I have never done that....I was well beaten in two of those games, no problem with that, it's the games where I end up with more possession, more shots on target and from good scoring positions than my opponent that I have an issue with......

ridiculous rebounds, seemingly good tackles that end up with his player still having the ball and your defender not goal side anymore....my players getting in the way of each other both attacking and defending wise, through balls going to a different player I was aiming for, players not making attacking runs seemingly stuck in mud, tapping the A button for a short pass only for it to ping out for a throw, like I'd held the button down for ages. Shots not going where I aimed them, players through one on one miskicking the ball and falling over, defenders missing the ball and falling over.....strong players like Lukaku getting pushed off the ball by players such as Bellerin.....

The gaps on high end players (88 and above) to low to mid tier players (78-84) is very slight, GK especially, Butland performs as well if not better than 90 rated De Gea. Renato Sanches is THE best midfielder in the game period

Yes! I'm seriously considering in getting Renato Sanches! That guy is incredible! I hate to play against him. He is like a 90 CM/CDM! Damn! I hate him :)
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    C4D wrote: »
    Literally happened to me so many times over this weekend definitely the worst one so far for gameplay, lost 8/16 of my games from the 80th minute onwards, lost a few on bs rebounds. Once you tackle a player the ball should be at your feet the game is so inconsistent, GK's are useless not even Neuer can match Begovic's level. Lost 1 game because Luke Shaw made a tackle on the penalty spot and my GK went to kick it and missed the ball and it went past him and into the goal.... Finished on 24 wins too 1 off Gold 1. :s

Yeah Begovic won 2 guys that I lost too last night games. One of the guys even messaged me saying " GG that was BS, you deserved it" because his Begovic was a god
    Addicksfan wrote: »

Yeah I can agree with that. I've been saying for the last couple of years...the passing stat, tackling, interception, and even pace stats in a lot of cases are the most useless stats in the game. I played a couple of guys last night that had nothing but 79 and below rated PL winger as their front three and outside CMs in a 4312, the best passer rating in his squad was Fellaini and his entire team were just threading the most perfect blind through balls.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    It's just crazy, maybe I don't watch them enough, but when I watch Sean, @Gorilla, @Kurt I hardly ever see them get punished by those crazy deflections and if they do they seem few and far between. I would love to know the secret. Lol.
  • Sprigo
    78 posts Park Captain
    Maybe it is all about the internet connection, aren't both from yank land meaning they are nearer the source less ping. Just a thought.
  • diddybeats
    25 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Happens to me a lot aswell. Another thing the irks me is the referee. I mean some people will like the fact the ball can rebound off him because its more realistic and but in a competitive online environment it sucks if it rebounds off him to your opponent, who then goes on to score. Or maybe I just need to get better at not hitting it into him.
  • bigpokey24
    4730 posts Big Money Move
    bronze benching is also a factor, many of them bronze bench and gets the loose balls, as well as rebounds and deflections ..The game has so many issues, passing is off, through balls are useless( and i mean short through balls) So many issues with the game. The weekend League was a huge joke
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Sprigo wrote: »
    Maybe it is all about the internet connection, aren't both from yank land meaning they are nearer the source less ping. Just a thought.

Lol. I doubt it. I can be playing a guy in Australia and then my next door neighbor the next game and it's all the same BS.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    bronze benching is also a factor, many of them bronze bench and gets the loose balls, as well as rebounds and deflections ..The game has so many issues, passing is off, through balls are useless( and i mean short through balls) So many issues with the game. The weekend League was a huge joke

I've been bronze benching for years.
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Those kind of rebounds are unavoidable, OP. You can dominate and still wind up losing because of the things you are essentially doing perfectly. You can see it coming a mile off. If FIFA decides you're going to lose, you're powerless to stop it. One of the many underlying issues with this game that have totally sucked the fun out of it for me. People can say "you need to learn to convert all of your chances" and to an extent that's totally valid, but when your Begovic is gawping as a pea-roller trickles through his legs and your opponent's Begovic is playing like Gordon Banks on crystal meth, nothing you do can prevent it.
  • pittphan
    3015 posts National Call-Up

Lol. I doubt it. I can be playing a guy in Australia and then my next door neighbor the next game and it's all the same BS.

I can never exclude connection as the possible source... I have seen it play a role too many times and there are just certain games where your team is just off. Those are usually connection based.
    Interestingly, yesterday I played 2 guys back to back that were in my same area (from what I could tell by their GT/club names) and in both games the gamplay was very smooth and responsive. Coincidentally, in both games I went up 2-0 early and they rage quit.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    AkeySlake wrote: »
    Those kind of rebounds are unavoidable, OP. You can dominate and still wind up losing because of the things you are essentially doing perfectly. You can see it coming a mile off. If FIFA decides you're going to lose, you're powerless to stop it. One of the many underlying issues with this game that have totally sucked the fun out of it for me. People can say "you need to learn to convert all of your chances" and to an extent that's totally valid, but when your Begovic is gawping as a pea-roller trickles through his legs and your opponent's Begovic is playing like Gordon Banks on crystal meth, nothing you do can prevent it.

:joy: :joy:
    pittphan wrote: »

I can never exclude connection as the possible source... I have seen it play a role too many times and there are just certain games where your team is just off. Those are usually connection based.
    Interestingly, yesterday I played 2 guys back to back that were in my same area (from what I could tell by their GT/club names) and in both games the gamplay was very smooth and responsive. Coincidentally, in both games I went up 2-0 early and they rage quit.

I never said these games weren't smooth and responsive. That's not the issue. I actually didn't have a bad connection game all weekend. No delay, no lag.

That was just bad game mechanics.
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something

Kurt sounds like he's from Sweden, or somewhere similar.
    Gorillas a Brummie.

HH
  • XxRichiexRichxX

Kurt sounds like he's from Sweden, or somewhere similar.
    Gorillas a Brummie.

HH

I just realized that was directed at my comment above it. Yeah neither of the ones I mentioned are from the US
  • Ch1cha
    2167 posts Fans' Favourite
    I am not as good as I used to be unfortunately but I always had extremely good records. I barely played Fifa 16, but was ranked 11th on Fifa 15 with a 90% winrate and many undefeated consecutive division 1 teams (also prior to Fifa 15, but that's the most recent).

As for your question, I always won my games by outscoring my opponents. I played attacking football, scoring 4+ goals on average (based on futscope/nexus). That way it never bothered me when my opponent got a **** goal/penalty/deflection or you name it. The reason why I am struggling today is not because they downgraded dribbling or anything like that but I can't find a reliable way of scoring anymore. Previous Fifa's you could always run in the box in a certain way that gives you a 90% chance to score. Those angles have been the same as long as I can remember (Fifa 2008) and my entire way of playing is build upon those angles. That changed this year so I struggle alot more because I can not finish my chances as easily. Which will give my opponent time to score for himself and he keeps believing in a positive outcome and the latter results in more losses.

Fifa is also a game of decisions, good players make better decisions in certain situations which means they get things more in their favour and don't get many '****' goals against. Just think how many small decisions you make during a game of Fifa and the way your brain handles these decisions is also what seperates good players from average players.

Please don't see this as bragging or anything like that. Had many arguments in the past as I know how people usually react to people claiming to be good. But I am too old (25, time flies kids) to start arguments over this although I still play this game with alot of passion and to the best of my abilities.
  • BenzP7
    8276 posts League Winner
    Started playing UT in FIFA 14 and ever since 15, I always managed to have 75%+ on 1500+ online division games every year and from my experiences, you just know what works and what doesn't. Also have direction for your play which means if you are gonna lock it up when you're 1-0, make sure you change your formation to something defensive that you feel confident in. I'd attacking is best form of defence but in FUT Champs if you're barely winning and it's already almost at 70'-75', make sure you make the decision whether to go ultra defensive or trying for another goal.

Also, be flexible for every situation. Have a strategy. I usually start with 41212-2 and when I am up 1-0 against good opponent, I tend to switch it up to 4231-2 and sub in one defensive CDM and put stay back on CDMs and Fullbacks and go defensive or ultra defensive. Once you do that your opponent will try to score against you and which means you will have some counter attacking situation and if you happen to score another one, then either I remain as it is or sub in a targetman and start whipping crosses.

That is just one example of many but my suggestion is be flexible depending on skill of your opponent and time of the game. Good luck!
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    You just have to be as relentless as you can be, but it isn't always enough, it happens to everyone.

You just have to keep on building consistency, and slowly, it will take you further and further.

For example, these are two of the five losses i suffered this WL. Every single game was very similar, i dominated the chances (in 4 of those 5 games iirc, opponent scored every single shot on target, and only in one of them, opponent had 3 shots on target, rest of them, less)
    Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

So, in conclusion, there is only one cure to overcome these things. Just have to live in the moment, and go forward game by game. It doesn't matter if the opposition is finishing elite 1 or silver 2, the game is worth exactly the same to both of you, and every game starts at 0-0.

too often i am just trying to breeze through games, and end up giving a few silly losses throughout the WL's.
  • XxRichiexRichxX
    Ch1cha wrote: »
    I am not as good as I used to be unfortunately but I always had extremely good records. I barely played Fifa 16, but was ranked 11th on Fifa 15 with a 90% winrate and many undefeated consecutive division 1 teams (also prior to Fifa 15, but that's the most recent).

As for your question, I always won my games by outscoring my opponents. I played attacking football, scoring 4+ goals on average (based on futscope/nexus). That way it never bothered me when my opponent got a **** goal/penalty/deflection or you name it. The reason why I am struggling today is not because they downgraded dribbling or anything like that but I can't find a reliable way of scoring anymore. Previous Fifa's you could always run in the box in a certain way that gives you a 90% chance to score. Those angles have been the same as long as I can remember (Fifa 2008) and my entire way of playing is build upon those angles. That changed this year so I struggle alot more because I can not finish my chances as easily. Which will give my opponent time to score for himself and he keeps believing in a positive outcome and the latter results in more losses.

Fifa is also a game of decisions, good players make better decisions in certain situations which means they get things more in their favour and don't get many '****' goals against. Just think how many small decisions you make during a game of Fifa and the way your brain handles these decisions is also what seperates good players from average players.

Please don't see this as bragging or anything like that. Had many arguments in the past as I know how people usually react to people claiming to be good. But I am too old (25, time flies kids) to start arguments over this although I still play this game with alot of passion and to the best of my abilities.

NEver saw it as bragging. thanks for the advice.
    FCK_Benz wrote: »
    Started playing UT in FIFA 14 and ever since 15, I always managed to have 75%+ on 1500+ online division games every year and from my experiences, you just know what works and what doesn't. Also have direction for your play which means if you are gonna lock it up when you're 1-0, make sure you change your formation to something defensive that you feel confident in. I'd attacking is best form of defence but in FUT Champs if you're barely winning and it's already almost at 70'-75', make sure you make the decision whether to go ultra defensive or trying for another goal.

Also, be flexible for every situation. Have a strategy. I usually start with 41212-2 and when I am up 1-0 against good opponent, I tend to switch it up to 4231-2 and sub in one defensive CDM and put stay back on CDMs and Fullbacks and go defensive or ultra defensive. Once you do that your opponent will try to score against you and which means you will have some counter attacking situation and if you happen to score another one, then either I remain as it is or sub in a targetman and start whipping crosses.

That is just one example of many but my suggestion is be flexible depending on skill of your opponent and time of the game. Good luck!

Yep. I've been playing online since 08. I've always maintained at least a 2:1 w/l ratio up until FUT16. I almost broke even around 400 win 400 losses it was bad. And then idk what happened but I finished playing at almost 1k wins and under 600 losses. This year I'm almost at 3:1 but I feel like it would be more but it's the dumb losses I take that kills me. I only feel like a handful of those losses were 100% deserved where I was legitimately outplayed.

I start at 4321 and if it's not clicking swap to 41212 in game. I always try to keep things mixed up and orbs one dimensional. Most games I can score 4+ easy. It's just the occasional godlike game my opponents team will have that kill me.
    Snipguy wrote: »
    You just have to be as relentless as you can be, but it isn't always enough, it happens to everyone.

You just have to keep on building consistency, and slowly, it will take you further and further.

For example, these are two of the five losses i suffered this WL. Every single game was very similar, i dominated the chances (in 4 of those 5 games iirc, opponent scored every single shot on target, and only in one of them, opponent had 3 shots on target, rest of them, less)
    Thumbnail_Large.PNG

Thumbnail_Large.PNG

So, in conclusion, there is only one cure to overcome these things. Just have to live in the moment, and go forward game by game. It doesn't matter if the opposition is finishing elite 1 or silver 2, the game is worth exactly the same to both of you, and every game starts at 0-0.

too often i am just trying to breeze through games, and end up giving a few silly losses throughout the WL's.

Happen to know that first guys GT? lol I seriously feel like I played him or someone with the same name.

Yeah for whatever reason I though the adjustments they made would have the WL end today at 8PM my time like last Monday and turns out it ended when I needed to be asleep because I had work so I couldn't finish out my last 5 games to get into Elite 3