We need to stand up against this current PTB is valid tactic nonsense now

Comments

• TriggerMike
    6089 posts Big Money Move
    Menaceuk wrote: »
    Mutu10gol wrote: »
    Monkens wrote: »
    It would be fine if it was harder to attack with. Currently you have 3 or 4 attackers where in real life ptb would have one or none at times

spot on

That's because it's custom tactics and not PTB. I mentioned this week's ago but people still say it's PTB.

Think about it, it's a coincidence that we get CT in the squad menu this year and so many are playing 'PTB'.

Doesn't make a difference. If you play PTB then counter attacking shouldn't be possible full stop.

But it's not PTB when they have players upfield. People see a deep defensive line and cry PTB without taking note where the other players are.

Trust me, I've tried using CT to have a deep defense, had my pressure on 10, and true to word it was like PTB except my midfield and strikers were higher up meaning hitting on the counter was easy. I then switched to default tactics and played PTB...it created more problems for me and counter attacking was impossible.

Try it and you'll see what I mean. These people who can counter with what looks like PTB isn't actually PTB...it's custom tactics. What next...people saying custom tactics should be removed?

I have tried it. And counter attacking with it was a breeze. I didn;t even use custom tactics and only used player instructions.

Special child then.
  • centenary88
    622 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It would be fine if it was harder to attack with. Currently you have 3 or 4 attackers where in real life ptb would have one or none at times

spot on

That's because it's custom tactics and not PTB. I mentioned this week's ago but people still say it's PTB.

Think about it, it's a coincidence that we get CT in the squad menu this year and so many are playing 'PTB'.

Doesn't make a difference. If you play PTB then counter attacking shouldn't be possible full stop.

But it's not PTB when they have players upfield. People see a deep defensive line and cry PTB without taking note where the other players are.

Trust me, I've tried using CT to have a deep defense, had my pressure on 10, and true to word it was like PTB except my midfield and strikers were higher up meaning hitting on the counter was easy. I then switched to default tactics and played PTB...it created more problems for me and counter attacking was impossible.

Try it and you'll see what I mean. These people who can counter with what looks like PTB isn't actually PTB...it's custom tactics. What next...people saying custom tactics should be removed?

I have tried it. And counter attacking with it was a breeze. I didn;t even use custom tactics and only used player instructions.

Correct , set the front 3 to stay forward , get in behind or whatever attacking instruction and they will play in advanced positions.

• Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Minty89 wrote: »
    Also auto defending and contain also sprinting into players and taking the ball without even tackling and no foul being called
    The problem isn't the idea of park the bus but the implementation of it, in real life it's very difficult to get out when playing like this, also as time goes on it becomes physically and mentally exhausting chasing the ball all game.
    On here you basically have the up side of playing like this with none of the down sides.

You got it there. It's not that the tatic is invalid, it's that it appears to have no downside for players who play counter attack. It should force all 11 players behind the ball and drain stamina at a faster rate (as should ultra attack/all out attack) as the players should constantly run the length of the pitch
  • Notformeclive
    2484 posts Fans' Favourite

spot on

I've said this from the start, the game was fine (actually it was better) before them with just the preset options.

There is no need for the 99 pressure, 99 aggression sliders and if you must have them then at least make them noticeably tired after an hour and fix refereeing so that they give away fouls and pick up cards because as it is you can just charge around knocking people over, it's absurd.
  • corsik
    445 posts Sunday League Hero
    racecar101 wrote: »
    You can see all the bad players starting to defend it as a valid tactic and if that's the case fifa will die out.
    We want player skill to decide games not an ultra defensive op tactic.

signed
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero

spot on

Special child then.

No. I just know what the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ I am talking about.

Tell your attacking 3/4 to get in behind and stay forward. Set PTB and counter attack in game and away you go.

Custom tactics don;t mean jack ❤️❤️❤️❤️ for PTB counter attacking.
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    Like real life i don't mind different tactics and teams setting up defensively but i'm pretty sure their back 4 doesn't sit on the edge of or just in the box all game. Add to this the defensive mids and OP goalkeeping as well as button delay and that's why its abused and effective. Following from this the lack of defensive cover your team has when attacking and clearances always going straight to them for the breakaway and you have yourself a frustrating game
  • PTYBrozzzz
    912 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Observer wrote: »
    You can see all the bad players starting to defend it as a valid tactic and if that's the case fifa will die out.

PTB not problem. Magical autodefending/blocking/shot delay/bad passes in final third are.

• RadioShaq
    15861 posts Moderator
    I don't know why people park the bus anyway. I suppose its because they don't understand the correct setup. Its cts with defensive and fullbacks and cdms on stay back while attacking. This way you always have 5 on defense and they push up with some pressure rather than sit 10 feet off strikers. Thats the way all the pros run it forget park the bus.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never had an issue with PTB to be honest. You just keep at them until you find a gap or just keep shooting from long range if you can't, you'll soon get a goal from a corner at the least. Just make sure you don't push any of your defenders forward and make sure you track back with your midfielders if you lose the ball.

• Murf1985
    571 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Everyone's going mental because PTB finally gives people a chance against pace abuse, if playing the Juve back 6 with PTB is the only way I can compete against dabbing shushing fish flopping Ahmed Musas and Callum Wilsons then so be it.
  • Just make weekend league point based with win lose and draw and watch people play to win.
  • [Z]one[ONE]
    1400 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016
    ...and this is why Rooney is the best CB in the game!

He has sufficient pace to deal with the counter attack!

If you PTB he has the passing ability to switch from defence into attack quickly!

He has the strength to win the ball back from almost anyone!

He has high defence workrate and medium attack workrate so he doesn't go missing at the back!

You can give him the instruction to play as a striker and he will have the ability to score a few goals!

Now imagine a hybrid back 3/5 that includes:

Smalling - Rooney - Chiellini
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just make weekend league point based with win lose and draw and watch people play to win 1-0.

Fixed
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just make weekend league point based with win lose and draw and watch people play to win.

Great shout.

• Stular
    581 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PTB really isn't a good tactic to use over a full game. So exposed to long shots, Suarez bangs in goal after goal for me.

@TriggerMike - Patience is key, nail on the head with that.

Of course you get countered by fast players when you're so committed, play gets sloppy.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    First time i played FUT weekend League/.....horrible game play , i had 18 wins..the game play was the worse i have ever seen, very much doubt i would play WL any more..it actually messed up my rhythm from other game modes..I kept on telling folks , why do they freaking PTB from min 1 in a freaking online game, what's the fun .Why are people so desperate for wins, I thought games are meant to entertain and release stress and tension

Lets be honest the game isn't balanced, the amount of time it takes for a shot to get off your strikers foot, talkless of a defender who maybe 10 feet away sprints like Usain bolts and blocks the shot . The game is a huge joke..I changes camera angles so many time.... forget trying to build up play..just PTB, while the AI tackles for you. hope for a long pass down the flanks, and watch the opposition score ..whereas you build up play and get punished trying to play good football...

Seems like the only way to beat this PTB , is hold down RT and hope for the best
  • CG7
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    If these tactics mean games aren't decided by player skill, please explain the leader boards
  • maksi
    6645 posts Big Money Move
    edited November 2016
    CG7 wrote: »
    If these tactics mean games aren't decided by player skill, please explain the leader boards
    Nobody said that skill gap doesn't exist in fifa 17, only that is much smaller than before (you have to much better to beat average pace abusing PTB player all the time)

• racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    I love all these kids crying about PTB. I wonder how many of these kids used to abuse lobbed through balls on past fifa titles :joy:

It's the kiddies using it not the kiddies complaining about it.
    Only someone who uses it otherwise they'd get thumped 10-0 defends it.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    Tubpac wrote: »
    You guys cry to much, its a valid gameplan, just in Real life. Chelsea, Atletico have done it and have made great resulsts, so why shouldnt you be allowed to in FIFA if you are good at it.

If i loose to a PTB its my own fault, he stayed to his gameplan and executed it perfectly and therefore he won. I dont mind people playing PTB, you will dominiate possesion and will create alot of chances if you are good enough.

Maybe you should stop crying about the game is BROKEN the AI defending is broken and bla bla bla and work on your gameplay instead.

It's a video game not real life what do you want ? lets all just play 9-0-1 ptb
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional

This is one of those great gaming cases of “watch what you wish for”. Many of you screamed and moaned non-stop about HP Defense, aggressive tackling, and slide tackles. So, what did they do? They made shielding, passing, and through-balls stronger, and nerfed interceptions, slide tackles, and anything else that disrupts precious “possession” play. You have it all wrong. It’s not the cause, it’s the effect. Putting an end to high-lines and aggressive back fours. Whamo-presto-changeo! WTH do you think would happen…IDFK. To every action a reaction. The funny part is that they’ve made the offense even stronger, and you’re still complaining about it. The clear advantage goes to possession player. The counter-attack is an inherent result of using the defense needed, and the fact that it’s the only other viable scoring options because everything else besides super-boring- over-shielding- possession has been nerfed.
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Whenever I switch to PTB in the last few minutes to protect a lead, I always concede. It feels like the change in shape disrupts my team and they fall to pieces. Now I stick it on attacking from the first whistle and leave it that way.
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    AkeySlake wrote: »
    Whenever I switch to PTB in the last few minutes to protect a lead, I always concede. It feels like the change in shape disrupts my team and they fall to pieces. Now I stick it on attacking from the first whistle and leave it that way.

You're not letting the a.i defend for you , try ptb again and just control a cdm in middle and allow the cpu to win the ball back.Then you shall see why so many are complaining, people are having good D courtesy of the a.i.
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    this thread is stupid
  • shady93
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I made my way up to division 3 using no tactics at all really and with just a cheap serie a squad but I'm afraid to say the only way I can survive higher up the ladder and qualify for the weekend league is to use a deep defensive line with a tad higher pressure on custom tactics otherwise you just setting yourself up to get slaughtered it's a shame it is this way I can agree it's stupidly affective and I feel sorry for the few genuine guys I do come up against
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    CG7 wrote: »

explain why none of them stream their games ? seems highly suspicious to me, methinks they sit there with lists of people to avoid and or use no loss glitches
  • racecar101
    1301 posts Professional
    this thread is stupid

not as stupid as you though eh
  • shady93
    467 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I made my way up to division 3 using no tactics at all really and with just a cheap serie a squad but I'm afraid to say the only way I can survive higher up the ladder and qualify for the weekend league is to use a deep defensive line with a tad higher pressure on custom tactics otherwise you just setting yourself up to get slaughtered it's a shame it is this way I can agree it's stupidly affective and I feel sorry for the few genuine guys I do come up against
  • Mdionne415
    1146 posts Professional
    AkeySlake wrote: »

You're not letting the a.i defend for you , try ptb again and just control a cdm in middle and allow the cpu to win the ball back.Then you shall see why so many are complaining, people are having good D courtesy of the a.i.

Not true. Just try it. Just because you think it, or repeat what you hear, doesn't make it true.