Check out the pitch notes for an update on upcoming content here.

The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

We need to stand up against this current PTB is valid tactic nonsense now

racecar101
1301 posts Professional
You can see all the bad players starting to defend it as a valid tactic and if that's the case fifa will die out.
We want player skill to decide games not an ultra defensive op tactic.

Comments

• Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    Also auto defending and contain also sprinting into players and taking the ball without even tackling and no foul being called
  • Gromit
    4070 posts National Call-Up
    I've always played on balanced. But now I go ultra D.

The reason? Because on balanced your defence sits on the half way line. And since 90% of players are playing with 3 90 pace forwards when you lose the ball you end up 3 v 2.

Balanced is a joke. EA need to patch it. It's suicidal this year.
  • Pieman25
    17086 posts World Class
    It's in the game so it's a valid tactic, I don't use it but it's as much a tactic as ultra attack.
  • Wi1son73
    2557 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm currently in div7 FUT seasons, slowly creeping up the divisions. I've noticed the higher the division the more it's happening.
    Once I get the hang of scoring few goals quick on then I'll be ptb with them....
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's cheap anti football. EA shouldn't promote it.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Nerf defense and counter attacks and watch everyone quit and that's fine

As a esports game luck cannot exist momentum cannot exist everything must be balanced

Should constantly be balancing the game every month
  • Observer
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    racecar101 wrote: »
    You can see all the bad players starting to defend it as a valid tactic and if that's the case fifa will die out.

PTB not problem. Magical autodefending/blocking/shot delay/bad passes in final third are.
  • So, i think it's a usefull tatic, unless the player keeps only passing the ball in his field when he is winning,
  • KirchhoffTheGod
    2164 posts Fans' Favourite
    its part of the game
  • Kove
    4221 posts National Call-Up
    I think you need to see the difference between 'invalid' and 'completely morally conceptacle and not in the spirit of the game'

Everything that people complain about with the exception of bugs is the latter.
  • Notformeclive
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    The problem isn't the idea of park the bus but the implementation of it, in real life it's very difficult to get out when playing like this, also as time goes on it becomes physically and mentally exhausting chasing the ball all game.
    On here you basically have the up side of playing like this with none of the down sides.
  • Playing div 1 and never really came up against really good defenders or ptb
    Only 2 times i had realky no Chance both the oponnent had bailly and ptb had 0 shots.. but credits to him his ddefensiv skill was excellent
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    I love all these kids crying about PTB. I wonder how many of these kids used to abuse lobbed through balls on past fifa titles :joy:
  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    Let me put this scenario to you then.

If every player you came against went on all of attack and you scored 4-5 goals against them.

Would you complain? Absolutely not.

It's a valid tactic to use. Just morally wrong.

If they go on PTB against me and stick Musa and co up front I just play defensive and make them run with the pacey players until they're tired. Then you'll find you can deal with them easier and score.

Good to have defenders with high stamina on the full backs too.
  • Monkens
    82 posts Park Captain
    It would be fine if it was harder to attack with. Currently you have 3 or 4 attackers where in real life ptb would have one or none at times
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    racecar101 wrote: »

PTB is a valid tactic.

The problem is that PTB in FIFA 17 doesn't work like PTB should and allows for the counter attack far too easily.
  • Rumplefish
    18748 posts World Class
    Aspral wrote: »

It's a valid tactic to use. Just morally wrong.
    What's morally wrong about it? It's just a style of play, one that's hard to play against and rather effective in a video game, which is why many people use it.

• TriggerMike
    PTB creates more problems as well. If you're not exploiting those mistakes it gives your opponent then it's your own fault.

Don't believe it creates problems? Play PTB and you'll see
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    You need good long distance shooter to break PTB but it doesn't always work because GK can do wonder saves sometimes.
  • Tubpac
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    You guys cry to much, its a valid gameplan, just in Real life. Chelsea, Atletico have done it and have made great resulsts, so why shouldnt you be allowed to in FIFA if you are good at it.

If i loose to a PTB its my own fault, he stayed to his gameplan and executed it perfectly and therefore he won. I dont mind people playing PTB, you will dominiate possesion and will create alot of chances if you are good enough.

Maybe you should stop crying about the game is BROKEN the AI defending is broken and bla bla bla and work on your gameplay instead.
  • Mutu10gol
    2773 posts Fans' Favourite
    Monkens wrote: »
    It would be fine if it was harder to attack with. Currently you have 3 or 4 attackers where in real life ptb would have one or none at times

spot on
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    PTB isn't the problem, counter attacking effectiveness is the problem. I've been both sides of this and it can be pretty frustrated when you lose the ball and he's blowing past you with 3 players
  • TriggerMike
    Mutu10gol wrote: »

spot on

That's because it's custom tactics and not PTB. I mentioned this week's ago but people still say it's PTB.

Think about it, it's a coincidence that we get CT in the squad menu this year and so many are playing 'PTB'.
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero

spot on

That's because it's custom tactics and not PTB. I mentioned this week's ago but people still say it's PTB.

Think about it, it's a coincidence that we get CT in the squad menu this year and so many are playing 'PTB'.

Doesn't make a difference. If you play PTB then counter attacking shouldn't be possible full stop.
  • Notformeclive
    2451 posts Fans' Favourite
    Menaceuk wrote: »

spot on

Doesn't make a difference. If you play PTB then counter attacking shouldn't be possible full stop.

It should be possible but it should be difficult, it isn't.

• TriggerMike
    edited November 2016

spot on

But it's not PTB when they have players upfield. People see a deep defensive line and cry PTB without taking note where the other players are.

Trust me, I've tried using CT to have a deep defense, had my pressure on 10, and true to word it was like PTB except my midfield and strikers were higher up meaning hitting on the counter was easy. I then switched to default tactics and played PTB...it created more problems for me and counter attacking was impossible.

Try it and you'll see what I mean. These people who can counter with what looks like PTB isn't actually PTB...it's custom tactics. What next...people saying custom tactics should be removed?
  • Tubpac
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero

spot on

But it's not PTB when they have players upfield. People see a deep defensive line and cry PTB without taking note where the other players are.

Trust me, I've tried using CT to have a deep defense, had my pressure on 10, and true to word it was like PTB except my midfield and strikers were higher up meaning hitting on the counter was easy. I then switched to default tactics and played PTB...it created more problems for me and counter attacking was impossible.

Try it and you'll see what I mean. These people who can counter with what looks like PTB isn't actually PTB...it's custom tactics. What next...people saying custom tactics should be removed?

Its true bro, But people are mad because some choose to play with a low d-line so they cant abuse with their Musa squads :D
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero

spot on

It should be possible but it should be difficult, it isn't.

It shouldn't be possible at all. PTB is not a counter attacking tactic, it is a last ditch save the points tactic that has no offensive ability what so ever.
  • TriggerMike
    Tubpac wrote: »

spot on

Its true bro, But people are mad because some choose to play with a low d-line so they cant abuse with their Musa squads :D

But what can we do? It's a valid way to play. The problem is people prefer to cry about it instead of trying to counter it. Patience and passing cracking PTB or deep defensive lines in the end.

Sadly a lot lack patience because they want to score 5-6 goals per game.
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero

spot on

I have tried it. And counter attacking with it was a breeze. I didn;t even use custom tactics and only used player instructions.