Messi and Bale.

coatsy
32197 posts National Team Captain
It occurred to me yesterday, that not many 'competitive' FIFA players use Messi.

It's predominantly Gareth Bale, or on some occasions, G. Best.

Why is this?

Comments

• Andy99TradeZ
    17528 posts World Class
    Bale is stronger and more powerful
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    edited November 2016
    Im guessing its because Messi is forced off the ball alot easier than say Bale Best or Ronaldo - Thats the Best guess i can come up with (No Pun Intended)

Also Bale links to Ronaldo on a green when Messi is orange
  • Tekkerz
    3750 posts National Call-Up
    It's his strength and workrates gets the ball taken off him so easily.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    12116 posts Has That Special Something
    People didn't use him last year either even tho he was insane
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Best is Messi on roids
  • L1vingl1fe
    4829 posts National Call-Up
    I use messi at Right Striker and Bale at Right Mid. Messi works much better up front then on the wing this year
  • COACH
    20547 posts Club Captain
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    It occurred to me yesterday, that not many 'competitive' FIFA players use Messi.

It's predominantly Gareth Bale, or on some occasions, G. Best.

Why is this?

They didn't last year either...basically none of them
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    strength is a huge part of fifa thats why
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    They all follow each other sometimes with some stupid ideas like you can only play one blue in your team or your team will start playing badly :joy: Toty Messi was one of if not the best player in the game last year. Lot of the good players on here like @AlexSolm @evo also rated him as the best card on the game.
  • AlexSolm
    9909 posts League Winner
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    They all follow each other sometimes with some stupid ideas like you can only play one blue in your team or your team will start playing badly :joy: Toty Messi was one of if not the best player in the game last year. Lot of the good players on here like @AlexSolm @evo also rated him as the best card on the game.
    Definitely the best for me last year, this year he's amazing too, I'm sure he'll be more popular once his price stabilizes and once we get some special version with better strength.
  • Agent VZ
    29162 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2016
    AlexSolm wrote: »
    Agent VZ wrote: »
    Definitely the best for me last year, this year he's amazing too, I'm sure he'll be more popular once his price stabilizes and once we get some special version with better strength.

Yup with that physical close to 80 his blue was absolutely unplayable .. Im going so far to say my favourite UT card ever with what he gave me over 1000+ games..
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I wont be buying his blue this year, I dont wanna spend 2.5+ on him again. 800k is enough.
  • SurferDude
    1756 posts Fans' Favourite
    I love messi in game / had him up front with CR7 any my god that was good - during BF I'm going to get them again - just playing cod until then so I can fit as many legends in there as possible
  • Ch1cha
    2206 posts Fans' Favourite
    The thing about Messi is that he's unstoppable when things are going your way and the connection is flawless. But if you aren't playing well or there is a bit of lag then it's very hard to get the best out of him. A player such as CR7/Bale can still steam through defences whether the sun shines or not.

• BrettEmmett
    354 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pretty sure it's the fact that you can't really dribble well in this game, speed dribbling is about as close as we get to proper dribbling. If you try to dribble through, chances are a defender is going to smash into you at 45 miles an hour and strip the ball off you.
  • JHiL
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    The finishing of Messi is outstanding but the combination of M/M and no strength is really annoying. I went for Ronaldo and Bale upfront with Rui Costa behimd them. Maybe I go for Messi behind them, but so far Rui Costa is worldclass. Probably because he has the strength Messi don't have.
  • Shane
    24161 posts Player of the Year
    Messi down to 730k odd
  • JHiL
    905 posts Semi-Pro
    Shane wrote: »
    Messi down to 730k odd

People expect FUT United tomorrow so you see some cheap players today because everyone will sell their team after WL.