The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

0-2 WEEKEND LEAGUE

GUNR3
405 posts Sunday League Hero
Just started and am 0-2. Not just 0-2 I've been destroyed these first two games. I'm on possession and just can't seem to even walk it up 5 yards. Haven't qualified for the FUTWL the last two weeks but managed to at least play ok regardless of the W.

Also do the majority of people just park the bus when WL starts.Unreal.. and this after just 2 games.. Im gonna need to already take a break. Cigarette here i come

RANT OVER

Comments

• Addicksfan
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    PTB and counter FTW

• Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    when they park the bus. its easy to dominate possession. you dont have to go forwards. just keep the ball.

9/10 they give in and come looking for it.
  • Sixtech
    2996 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2016
    GUNR3 wrote: »
    Just started and am 0-2. Not just 0-2 I've been destroyed these first two games. I'm on possession and just can't seem to even walk it up 5 yards. Haven't qualified for the FUTWL the last two weeks but managed to at least play ok regardless of the W.

Also do the majority of people just park the bus when WL starts.Unreal.. and this after just 2 games.. Im gonna need to already take a break. Cigarette here i come

RANT OVER

2 games is nothing still 38 to go. If you are playing vs a PTB guy just pass the ball a lot more than you usually do and keep possession in his midfield, if you do this well enough he starts getting impatient and will open huge holes on his defense.
    If you are conceding lots of goals you should play defensive or counter-attack since it will help you defend vs the bad players but on the attack you will have less man and also be less dangerous.
  • Campino
    28417 posts Player of the Year
    edited November 2016
    Recardo wrote: »
    when they park the bus. its easy to dominate possession. you dont have to go forwards. just keep the ball.

This is bang on, keep taking long shots too if you get a decent CAM or striker like Ross Barkley for example. Last guy that parked the bus on me from kick off I made suffer. Scored a long shot, then I passed it round the back he had no choice but to come out then beat him stupid as he didn't know what to do.
  • jenksiee123
    23224 posts Club Captain
    I was 0-2 as well and now I'm 7-3 so just keep persevering
  • GUNR3
    405 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I'll try the advice.. I 'm sure I'll catch some breaks when I get back on
  • P1stolpete187
    5930 posts Big Money Move
    Rooney is great to have against ptb i play him rcm and just spam long shots with him to the far top corner, also keep possession nd wait for you're opponent o make a mistake or leave a gap
  • anh2222
    628 posts Sunday League Hero
    You do know that most players in the weekend league are in div 1 right? so its not gonna be easy; just keep trying and get better!
  • DoD_Jester
    27082 posts Player of the Year
    anh2222 wrote: »
    You do know that most players in the weekend league are in div 1 right? so its not gonna be easy; just keep trying and get better!

No they are not :joy:
  • KingLionel10
    15181 posts World Class

Ana, I'm only in 4 :joy:
  • RBailss
    13184 posts Has That Special Something

Loool, I'm in division 5 atm & I'm in WL!
  • unklej
    1136 posts Professional

LOL I know right.
  • Campino
    28417 posts Player of the Year

No where near mate
  • DoD_Jester

Ana, I'm only in 4 :joy:

5 me
  • Andybelfast
    10973 posts Has That Special Something
    Recardo wrote: »

• Andybelfast

I'm d4 and managed gold 2 last week 22 wins. It's made up of all sorts
  • Ulook92
    14713 posts Has That Special Something
    I dont get how people stuggle so much with PTB. All you have to do is not try and take on the last line of defense. Just get space in front of them and shoot.

Its high pressure i dont like playing against. Yet use it myself :#:joy:
  • Andybelfast
    Ulook92 wrote: »
    I dont get how people stuggle so much with PTB. All you have to do is not try and take on the last line of defense. Just get space in front of them and shoot.

I ageee mate hate being closed down so quick ha.
  • DoD_Jester
    Ulook92 wrote: »

This
  • DodgyAussie
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    But how do you deal with high pressure tactics? Seems to becoming more and more common.