Please Give Advice Struggling So Much

AA1020
59 posts Park Captain
I have picked up fifa back up again after not playing it for a couple years. I was pretty good in the past though now it is really telling that opponent has an edge. Surprisingly I got to division 2 through defending and literally lucky/really hard fought goals(oddly enough I was never that good at defending in previous fifas).I find it so hard to create chances mostly due to the incredible amount of instant pressure my opponents always exerts in trying to win the ball back. Add that my players feel heavy and turn slowly, it makes me sad how bad I am at dribbling in this version of fifa. Obviously I am not doing something right because it takes so much for me to defend while they make it look like a piece of cake. Please give suggestions they would be much appreciated

Comments

• Banno89
    701 posts Semi-Pro
    they are letting the AI defend for them
  • N4p0l3onic
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    learn to creatively open defenses with player attacking runs and passing.
  • Banno89
    701 posts Semi-Pro
    N4p0l3onic wrote: »

Easier said then done mate, I have no problem scoring but it's annoying when my 88 IF Sanchez stands on the half way line when i'm attacking.
  • N4p0l3onic
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Banno89 wrote: »

Easier said then done mate, I have no problem scoring but it's annoying when my 88 IF Sanchez stands on the half way line when i'm attacking.

I forgot to add that you may want to experiment with custom formations and tactics, although custom formations are simply doesn't exist on FUT (if you are playing FUT)...
  • AA1020
    59 posts Park Captain

that explains a lot...

^ my players are so static sometimes and when I call them to make a run its too late the defender blocks it. Also I found out that winning a 1 on 1 pace race vs a defender is pretty hard in this fifa.
  • Banno89
    701 posts Semi-Pro
    that has always annoyed me like how can my wingers not outrun the likes or Mertsacker. I know the games not all about pace but there has to be a balance somewhere, if the defender can easily push our strikers off the ball then we should be able to run a bit quicker then them
  • AA1020
    59 posts Park Captain
    edited November 2016
    that has always annoyed me like how can my wingers not outrun the likes or Mertsacker. I know the games not all about pace but there has to be a balance somewhere, if the defender can easily push our strikers off the ball then we should be able to run a bit quicker then them

I just hate this game tbh. The game only causes me stress even when I win. It is not fun nor realistic, there is possibly things I am not doing right though idk anymore..

I am all for slow build up play though what is the point when your players cannot turn or dribble. Also when ai defending is extremely aggressive and does 70% if not more of the defending for the player.
  • vfc
    281 posts Sunday League Hero
    Learn to knock the ball on without using the right stick and you'll be able to make much better use of acceleration.
  • AA1020
    59 posts Park Captain

Hey I would like to know how they are doing this since I might as well too
  • Iffybhai
    122 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't switch to a defender. Keep with a striker or midfielder who runs like a mad man.
  • AA1020
    59 posts Park Captain
    Iffybhai wrote: »
    Don't switch to a defender. Keep with a striker or midfielder who runs like a mad man.

Thanks for telling me lol I just got out of a game in div 2. Opponent rq at 40 mins 0-5 down