How many people over 30 have qualified for the weekend league?

Comments

• pudgyfudgy
    5369 posts Big Money Move
    Tsunami85 wrote: »
    31 and automatically qualified as I ended in Gold 1 last week.

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but this only takes effect from next week onwards. We all still have to qualify as usual this week.
  • Brazil4fun
    2605 posts Fans' Favourite

False , automatic qualification starts next weekend
  • golazo
    1255 posts Play-Off Hero
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

Sorry to burst your bubble mate but this only takes effect from next week onwards. We all still have to qualify as usual this week.

was about to say what does that mean? so starting this week if we get gold we automatically qualify for the following week??
  • DodgyAussie
    257 posts Sunday League Hero
    36 - qualified all five weeks. Managed Gold 3 twice and then only bronze 1/2 for two weeks - because I had no time to play.

Pumped about the league being extended to Friday's!
  • golazo
    1255 posts Play-Off Hero
    36 - qualified all five weeks. Managed Gold 3 twice and then only bronze 1/2 for two weeks - because I had no time to play.

Pumped about the league being extended to Friday's!

what u mean as well? so have more than 40 hours now or however many hours was the limit?
  • Choppers925
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    Brazil4fun wrote: »

That's actually a good thing if you think about it, for those of us who haven't qualified. If all the gold players are already qualified they won't be taking up spots trying to qualify, thereby leveling the playing field a little bit for us all.
  • holdenwait
    55368 posts National Treasure
    qualified every week a played about 120 games... wasn't fun tho :D
  • Jimmyfifa11
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    43. Qualified 2 of 3 attempts.

Gold 3 first week and silver 2 last week (wife limited my games!)
  • kamillu_22
    309 posts Sunday League Hero
    top wrote: »
    I'm 37, qualified the last 3 weeks. I didn't qualify for the first week because I thought you only had one shot at the qualifying tourney

will this be every weekend though?
  • Qualified at first attempt yesterday morning but won't be able to play because I'm busy all weekend.
    Going by the sweat fest of qualification, I'm quite glad about that, I'll just stick to seasons.

Bring back the Gold/silver cups.

Oh, I'm 46 btw.
  • Skibii
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Im 28 and qualified for all of them so far, managed to get gold 2 in all of them, but I didnt use all my matches, this last one was 22 wins in 33 matches. However i usel to win div1 almost on will.. until last FIFA when I didnt even win it once. Im not sure if its my age or the rare muscle disease I got last year in my left hand making my hand really exahusted after a few games, maybe its a mix of both. This year i struggle to even get into div1.
  • Redmon75
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I'm 41 qualified every week, just played handful of games first two weeks, last two weeks played 30 games got gold 3 each time quite content with that.
  • pittphan
    3019 posts National Call-Up
    34 - I have qualified each week so far (usually it is easy, but last week it took until the last day after losing in 3 finals). In the Weekend League I just play until I get to Gold 3 (got gold 2 this week) and then stop. I usually have around 15 games remaining... I will never play all 40, even with the extended time period. It is just too many games.
  • AliasMaurice
    1928 posts Fans' Favourite
    36, qualified twice. Nowt slow about my reactions, just my temper that does for me!

• pittphan wrote: »
    34 - I have qualified each week so far (usually it is easy, but last week it took until the last day after losing in 3 finals). In the Weekend League I just play until I get to Gold 3 (got gold 2 this week) and then stop. I usually have around 15 games remaining... I will never play all 40, even with the extended time period. It is just too many games.
    This is a very interesting point.

Perseverance seems to be a huge thing. Last night I got to the final and lost in my first attempt of that day. Before the game even started, I felt burned out. After it had ended, I felt drained and could never have attempted it again, the thought of at least another 60-80 minutes of that would have sent me over the edge.

I applaud your staying power sir.

• paul24878306
    4717 posts Big Money Move
    32 and I've done it. I honestly don't think reactions are a problem. The decline is very gradual. FIFA is as much about anticipation and situational knowledge as pure reflexes anyway.

My reactions are not good, and Ive never qualified. ITs just far too quick for me to think and react.

Im 49 though - at 30 Id have been fine.
  • sinasipahioglu7
    1812 posts Play-Off Hero
    26, i qualify every week for holding in d1 ,problem is i dont have time to play in the weekends :#
  • Reus To Meet You
    1104 posts Professional
    didn't realise how many 'older' Fifa players there actually was, I'm impressive - thought I was one of a small group
  • Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite

That's actually a good thing if you think about it, for those of us who haven't qualified. If all the gold players are already qualified they won't be taking up spots trying to qualify, thereby leveling the playing field a little bit for us all.

Depends what's on offer unfortunately. I myself did play it once after qualifying as there was a pack as reward. Should just be coins.
  • silverdale10
    1327 posts Professional
    didn't realise how many 'older' Fifa players there actually was, I'm impressive - thought I was one of a small group

I'm old enough to have played the Pong variation of football in the 1970's (two sticks for each team and a gap in the border for the goals), then played Intellivision soccer till I got a ZX Spectrum which had "World Cup" with an incredibly annoying version of the "Match of the Day" theme playing constantly throughout.
  • Choppers925
    1612 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denz wrote: »

Depends what's on offer unfortunately. I myself did play it once after qualifying as there was a pack as reward. Should just be coins.

Well actually, as it was my first attempt, when I went 1-1 it said I got 500 coins and a Gold premium pack, but, I dinnae see no free pack when I exited out :D
  • 42. Mostly think that its not about reflexes, but about the amount of time to put into the game. As I get older, more things compete for my time. If there was time to practice, things would be different I bet. I enjoy playing with different players and squads, becomes less interesting playing against the same 5 BPL strikers every game.
  • 42. Mostly think that its not about reflexes, but about the amount of time to put into the game. As I get older, more things compete for my time. If there was time to practice, things would be different I bet. I enjoy playing with different players and squads, becomes less interesting playing against the same 5 BPL strikers every game.
  • 47 - play a few times a week but yet to qualify - I don't play enough to know all the tricks or practice my dribbling and both of those skills (or lack of skills) lead to a lack of scoring against opponents who do. I know I am not great but I agree with a lot of responses in this thread - would love to play against more players who are playing for fun BUT I also realize that you do what you need to do to win - so it is like a double edged sword. Maybe one of these days I might qualify - for those that have - what happens once you qualify? Would love to know - I could live vicariously through someone else :-)

Cheers
  • ROABS
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    37 ive qualified each weekend but ive yet to have time to play a weekend game. just qualified 1st shot for the first time. hopefully ill be able to play this weekend. very cool to see how many older players we have.
  • EoTRampage
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    31 here, havent even attempted it knowing all the tryhard kids will be there
  • Spatitto
    65 posts Park Captain
    Im almost 30, and work/life + fifa is hard.......I mostly play at night when I have some alone time....but next day I have to work so...you can imagine.

I dont think it has to do with your body............I think its the amount of time you have to practice which makes it difficult.

Im in div 4, havent qualified to futchampions...best result finals in 4 out of 12 attempts
  • Hody
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    This thread gave me a lot to think. Especially the parts about wives, family and gymn. Since I am seperated I have more time to play Fifa and sometimes it becomes addictive. I still try to find time to take works with my gf on the weekend but during the week I have a full time job and I am single father from Monday to Thursday. So my last resort for relaxation is mostly Fifa, but on the other hand it is a true grind to advance in leagues and I never made the weekend league.

The thread made me think and I will defo spent more time in the gymn as I am fat **** anyhow.
  • Neal1982
    813 posts Semi-Pro
    34, cant seem to win a final to get in.
    Would have to lock my wife in the cupboard under the stairs and feed her bread and water if I wanted to get 40 games in over the weekend though!
  • Hody wrote: »
    So my last resort for relaxation is mostly Fifa, .

You sick, sick man.

In all seriousness, I'm staggered but happy there are so many over 30's here. Good to be amongst like minded people.