How many people over 30 have qualified for the weekend league?

Comments

• I'm 33 and qualified, reaction times might be slower but we have experience and play smarter ;)

Speak for yourself.

:)
  • TitiCamara
    34 posts Last Pick at the Park
    31. Zero chance of ever doing weekend league. I work monday to Saturday with one day off and back on Monday morning, Saturday night and Sunday isnt going to be completely devoted to fifa or I'd be single next weekend.
  • Xcookstar
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I have never tried to Qualify and I never will its full of sweat bags, I cant be ar**d with it to be honest after about 5 games I have had enough of all things FIFA and it just seems like a huge grind.
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm 30. Qualify every week but I am nowhere near as good at FIFA as I used to be.

I don't think it's about reaction times, I think it's more that we are are from the manual generation. We grew up having to do our own defending and positioning.

The younger lot don't have the habits we have so find it easier to sit back and let the AI play for them.
  • Denz
    2030 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited November 2016
    I'm 30, qualifying and getting to gold 3 is ok but that's pushing myself to play in the early hours and leaving around 15 matches unplayed. With a newborn, a wife and of course work Im never getting through 40 matches and nor do I want to anymore
  • Husala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2016
    38 this year lol haven't qualified once ...mainly as i don't play enough trying to get in lol
  • pudgyfudgy
    5368 posts Big Money Move

Last night I got home around 10pm after work and dinner and stuff, got onto FIFA at 11pm, won the first match, saw that it was 11.20pm, and realised that 3 more matches would take me past midnight.

Quit, watched a bit of Westworld, and went to sleep.

Story of my FIFA life, every day.
  • Husala
    3658 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

Last night I got home around 10pm after work and dinner and stuff, got onto FIFA at 11pm, won the first match, saw that it was 11.20pm, and realised that 3 more matches would take me past midnight.

I hear you man.
  • Hibee
    11848 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't even try. It's just too much of a grind for me. Games supposed to be fun.
  • Vexco
    3357 posts National Call-Up
    32 and qualified 2 out of the 3 weeks I tried.
  • Svirv
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited November 2016
    Just out of curiosity really. Was reading a post from someone earlier who's over 30 and is losing the will to play.. People say your reactions aren't comparable to someone of a younger age..<...>

I'm so old, mah reactions are slow... :( Mate you ain't 70

1474219002.412.jpeg
  • Reus To Meet You
    1104 posts Professional

Feel your pain.

After work, gym, dinner, time with kids and the missus I only get a couple of games before I'm like I need some sleep.
  • Svirv wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity really. Was reading a post from someone earlier who's over 30 and is losing the will to play.. People say your reactions aren't comparable to someone of a younger age..<...>

I'm so old, mah reactions are slow. You aren't 70 mate

1474219002.412.jpeg

No ****, but your naive of you think they're equal to a youngster. That's just a fact.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited November 2016

Feel your pain.

After work, GYM, dinner, time with kids and the missus I only get a couple of games before I'm like I need some sleep.

I reckon there might be something you could cut there....
  • Denz
    Robes wrote: »

Feel your pain.

After work, GYM, dinner, time with kids and the missus I only get a couple of games before I'm like I need some sleep.

Nah stick to the gym buddy, do you 100 times more good than playing Fifa ever will.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    Denz wrote: »

Feel your pain.

Nah stick to the gym buddy, do you 100 times more good than playing Fifa ever will.

Well there's an obvious statement if ever i heard one.... think it might be a few more times that 100 though. :wink:
  • Tony356
    589 posts An Exciting Prospect
    33, qualified every week. Gold 2 once, other weeks Gold 3. I just don't have the time to play them all but I guess that will change with the new rules. I don't think FIFA is all about quick reactions, compared to shooting games or something.
  • pudgyfudgy

Feel your pain.

After work, gym, dinner, time with kids and the missus I only get a couple of games before I'm like I need some sleep.

Yeah doesn't help that I can't play half the qualification tourney today and half tomorrow because now with the extended WL duration, the tourneys may expire on a daily basis, though I really hope they just simplify it to one tourney for 3 days.

Plus that's not taking into account losing in the final... that means 3 matches wasted.

Oh to be a kid again.......
  • Vascs79
    41 posts Park Captain
    I'm over 30 and I've qualified, but I hated it. **** everywhere. I don't think it's about reactions, I doubt they decline in your 30s, in fact I think muscle memory would be stronger in your 30s. But I do think it's about maturity. Win or lose, I just want to have a good, fun game, for both me and my opponent. I don't celebrate, skip all replays and get on with the game. No unnecessary slide tackles, no time wasting. It's a video game, if I don't enjoy it, I won't play it. Kids just wanna be tools, just for the sake of being a tool when they're hidden with anonymity. They wouldn't carry on like that if I was in the same room as them.

Second that.

Qualified for the 2nd one, played around 10 games, 50/50 wins
  • Fifa92i
    169 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I know someone who is 40+, he did 35 W 5 L in the last FUT Champions.
  • Robes wrote: »

Feel your pain.

If I cut out the gym and played more Fifa instead I would gain a lot of weight very quickly, especially at my age ;)

• Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    31 here and I have tried to qualify once and managed but it was tough.
    I don't have the time to play over the weekend either so it isn't worth my time.
    Compared to a few years ago my reactions are slower sadly.
  • pudgyfudgy

Feel your pain.

Well at least gym and Fifa have one thing in common...

Lots of sweat.
  • Joeyalltheseven
    2388 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just seen they extended wl so I guess I can play it now
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nearly 30, never even attempted to qualify. I think my reactions are still fairly sharp and as I think somebody mentioned, I've had enough FIFA experience to be able to boast reasonable muscle memory. It just looks to be an utterly awful experience and I don't have the patience, time or mental capacity to play endless 5 atb/PTB teams, all with a 'must win at all costs' attitude.
  • DerbyRam99
    65 posts Park Captain
    39 and qualified every week....did better than expected. Gold 1 each week but time the issue. Manage to get in about 30 games but that means playing from 10pm till around 4am each night when family are in bed! I actually think divisions are worse to play than weekend league in terms of sweat. I was comfortably achieving Gold 1 with games to spare but struggle to get out of div 3!
  • pudgyfudgy wrote: »

Feel your pain.

Well at least gym and Fifa have one thing in common...

Lots of sweat.

:D
  • Denz

Feel your pain.

Well there's an obvious statement if ever i heard one.... think it might be a few more times that 100 though. :wink:

:-) well unless you're making money from it.
  • stevotrueblue
    826 posts Professional
    Im 42 ,, I haven't got in yet but tbh I have only tried a couple of times. I keep getting to the final game and losing (a couple on pens),,, interestingly tho I did much better when it was a silver team entry and the match up therefore was fairer instead of coming up against messi,neymar and pogba every game.

I think perhaps its less to do with age and more likely that the younger guys have more time to play and are more likely to spend time online researching cheats / glitches or money on coins / packs etc than us older guys who would rather spend real money or other things,, or our wives or gf's would lol.

Besides as it was our generations that first played video games you could also argue we should be better as we are much more experienced lol,,, and your reactions dont suddenly go away in your 30's or 40's by the way lol My nephew is 19, plays constantly and I can still kick his ****.
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    33, qualified every week so far and managed elite 3 every time. Game isn't about reflexes to be honest. That's more Cod. This is more about mentality.