FIFA becoming way too gimmicky...

iBaIIeR
494 posts Sunday League Hero
This is getting ridiculous... Movember cards? On Guy Fawkes Day will all British players get +2 IFs? Will American players get informs on Veteran's Day? Just imagine FIFA 18,19,20, and down the line if they continue at this rate. Childish.

Comments

• KingLionel10
    15307 posts World Class
    Dont like them? Dont buy them!
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    You're playing virtual trading cards, of course it's going to be gimmicky
  • iBaIIeR

Still affects the market equilibrium of other players, etc. Game becomes no fun when obtaining valuable cards becomes easier than snapping one's fingers. Inundation of informs has made this practically true.
  • Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up

Got a point, won't be long until almost every card has a 99 version.
  • iBaIIeR
    iBaIIeR wrote: »

Still affects the market equilibrium of other players, etc. Game becomes no fun when obtaining valuable cards becomes easier than snapping one's fingers. Inundation of informs has made this practically true.

@KingLionel10
  • tauras
    3945 posts National Call-Up
    I agree way to many I like having special cards but theres so many this year already not special cards when every player has one which at this rate won't be far off it :D.
  • FUT_Moe
    1278 posts Professional
    EA are pushing it at this point. It's becoming like an arcade game!
  • razor_ro
    685 posts Semi-Pro
    i agree this is stupid, i dont want an arcady gimmick of a game, i want a football simulator, the fantasy/fut piece is already aracdy enough
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29284 posts Player of the Year
    They've obviously got confused with the direction they were going, for years they pushed for a more realistic game and now there going the other way.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    29284 posts Player of the Year
    They've obviously got confused with the direction they were going, for years they pushed for a more realistic game and now there going the other way.

And special cards aren't special anymore.
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    the cards arent the biggest problem with the game right now.

its the quit glitching and lag.

• Andybelfast
    10978 posts Has That Special Something

Agree with this. I love the special cards. Motm, hero ones etc but this is taking the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ gonna have new set of special cards every month
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    100% agree. Game is ruined and its less than 2 months old :(
  • Andybelfast
    D i n k xD wrote: »
    100% agree. Game is ruined and its less than 2 months old :(

• Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    I dont think fut needa to be realistic, there are other modes for that
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Its ridiculous. Wonder how these most consistent tots will look when by that time every player will already have a special card.
  • UpstartCaesar
    3175 posts National Call-Up
    they're just different cards :D game ruined... alright then
  • Libguy
    5341 posts Big Money Move
    I get where you're coming from, but, personally, I think they should have started this a few years ago. It's a card collecting game. There's really no reason they shouldn't have nonsense like this going on all the time.
  • Jordje58
    2570 posts Fans' Favourite
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    Its ridiculous. Wonder how these most consistent tots will look when by that time every player will already have a special card.

• Stordy
    1458 posts Play-Off Hero
    So much hate, think all this new stuff is keeping it fresh. Its a video game that has to appeal to all ages. My special cards make it easier for non cash players to obtain higher rated cards. Not everyone is fortunate to have the time to grind the market or chuck real cash at it. Either method is fine for different players.
    Hope the people moaning about more cards didnt use the scream cards over the weekend.
  • Recardo
    9099 posts League Winner
    its funny though. they seem to be good at adding new content that requires money to participate.

yet new content like adding more cups to play in. they dont bother.
  • Campino
    29851 posts National Team Captain
    Recardo wrote: »
    its funny though. they seem to be good at adding new content that requires money to participate.

• Stordy
    1458 posts Play-Off Hero

They need some tournaments that are not related to FUT weekend
  • TheDreamer
    3160 posts National Call-Up
    Show you support during Movember, by buying Fifa points and opening packs...
  • KiNGry
    66 posts Park Captain
    They should have stuck with previous versions of IFs but include the odd special untradeable sbc.

I didnt mind the Halloween versions though that was a cool addition but should of left it at that..

Movember cards getting a bit silly now

EA will be loving the profit.
  • Andybelfast
    TheDreamer wrote: »
    Show you support during Movember, by buying Fifa points and opening packs...

:lol:
  • Hitman_Hatton
    14382 posts Has That Special Something
    Stordy wrote: »

They need some tournaments that are not related to FUT weekend

Still don't understand why they were removed.

HH
  • Reus
    23519 posts Club Captain

Have we not reached a tipping point though

The best thing about fut was that players who played well in real life got a special card to reflect that

Then they introduced futties, yeah ok it's the end of the game I suppose that's ok

But they are laying it on too thick now it's just getting stupid

It's getting less and less appealing for most people over a certain age (people who have disposable income certainly more than the 12 year olds these gimmicks appeal to)

The way we're going 100+ cards aren't far off and the game is done for me
  • Andybelfast
    Reus wrote: »

The best thing about fut was that players who played well in real life got a special card to reflect that

Then they introduced futties, yeah ok it's the end of the game I suppose that's ok

It's getting less and less appealing for most people over a certain age (people who have disposable income certainly more than the 12 year olds these gimmicks appeal to)

Yep as soon as that 100+ card drops I'm done
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Reus wrote: »

Yep as soon as that 100+ card drops I'm done

I dont think 100+ will happen anywhete but fut mobile.

For all these gimmicky cards we have, I dont think IFs will follow on from them as such, they are set apart.

If (a big one :trollface: ) Zlatan gets an IF it will be 91 rated aswell, but with better stats. So these gimmicky cards do nothing in pushing a player to the 100 mark.