WTf happened to FIFA today? Is it a new game?

Observer
129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just played 10 games. 7 draft, 3 seasons.

No autoblock and homing defenders, smoother dribling, much more space everywhere.

Through balls on prepatch levels, intelligent runs, just brilliant.

Much less BS scripting as well it seems.

Only downside - weak finishing and superhuman keepers (probably to keep scores down).

Did someone in EA pull the levers again?

Btw - arent draft rewards somehow MUCH weaker now? Had a chance on something like 25 rare players from 2 drafts, best was horrible 82 defender. Basically everything discard value.

Comments

  • KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    Felt really smooth for me too, won every game today
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Observer wrote: »
    Just played 10 games. 7 draft, 3 seasons.

    No autoblock and homing defenders, smoother dribling, much more space everywhere.

    Through balls on prepatch levels, intelligent runs, just brilliant.

    Much less BS scripting as well it seems.

    Only downside - weak finishing and superhuman keepers (probably to keep scores down).

    Did someone in EA pull the levers again?

    Btw - arent draft rewards somehow MUCH weaker now? Had a chance on something like 25 rare players from 2 drafts, best was horrible 82 defender. Basically everything discard value.

    The fact that some outside force can have such a dramatic effect on how the game plays needs to be addressed A.S.A.P. The gameplay needs to play consistently. As it is now, it might be crap again in a few hours.
  • adken
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Like Inception says, theres times where you get "good" gameplay, or you get crap gameplay. The fact that a franchise this big, with the kind of revenue it brings in, can be so inconsistent boggles my mind.
  • Observer
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I am wondering what is in these 800Mb patches every year because one thing is certain - it has nothing to do with gameplay.
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep; felt great. Sad to think next time I get on it will be business as usual :(
  • Kamilflage
    6233 posts Big Money Move
    Im sick of having to completely change how I play every time I turn the game on...today felt really really slow, which I kinda liked since Im a pure possession player. But then I kept hitting post so whats the point if you can't score lol. Wonder how tomorrow will play...
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    they released a secret patch. :|
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    No update on console, they're not allowed to change gameplay mechanics, without submitting a patch to Sony/MS that must be certified.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    They can change gameplay sliders like we can do offline, i'm sure.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    KaterNL wrote: »
    Felt really smooth for me too, won every game today

    But that means that all your opponents lost. They're probably complaining about the usual stuff in some other thread :D
  • Reus To Meet You
    1104 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    KaterNL wrote: »
    Felt really smooth for me too, won every game today

    But that means that all your opponents lost. They're probably complaining about the usual stuff in some other thread :D

    :D
  • KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    KaterNL wrote: »
    Felt really smooth for me too, won every game today

    But that means that all your opponents lost. They're probably complaining about the usual stuff in some other thread :D

    Lol, I won't be surprised :D

  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    KaterNL wrote: »
    Felt really smooth for me too, won every game today

    But that means that all your opponents lost. They're probably complaining about the usual stuff in some other thread :D

    Yeap, someone here will probably moan about how the game sucks because they've lost 20 games in a row. Then OP will lose 10 games in a row and say game is bad :D
  • Observer
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Its weird. Looks like someone turn off newbie protection.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2016
    Tbf I do notice different game speeds from day to day.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Game speed changes every time I play.
  • Observer
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Well, seems like newbie protection is over again. Magic blocks and interceptions, godlike marking and horrible movement again.

    Whats it for you guys?

  • sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    game has been so smooth for me for the past 2 weeks
  • Rick
    9185 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    No update on console, they're not allowed to change gameplay mechanics, without submitting a patch to Sony/MS that must be certified.
    This isn't true. If they could change game play mechanics without a patch, they're free to do so whenever.

    Do I think they do? No. Do I think the game play changes on an every day basis? Heck yes. Yesterday was smooth af for me. Second time since release I experience that kind of game play.
  • Observer
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Rick wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    No update on console, they're not allowed to change gameplay mechanics, without submitting a patch to Sony/MS that must be certified.
    This isn't true. If they could change game play mechanics without a patch, they're free to do so whenever.

    Do I think they do? No. Do I think the game play changes on an every day basis? Heck yes. Yesterday was smooth af for me. Second time since release I experience that kind of game play.


    I honestly think they DO change game mechanics. They do it in every match on regular basis and also in more global sense. I think you can simulate this kind of behaviours easily in game using single play sliders.

    Why? I dont know.

    But its year long game, have to do something to refresh experience and protect new players.



Sign In or Register to comment.