WTf happened to FIFA today? Is it a new game?

Observer
129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Just played 10 games. 7 draft, 3 seasons.

No autoblock and homing defenders, smoother dribling, much more space everywhere.

Through balls on prepatch levels, intelligent runs, just brilliant.

Much less BS scripting as well it seems.

Only downside - weak finishing and superhuman keepers (probably to keep scores down).

Did someone in EA pull the levers again?

Btw - arent draft rewards somehow MUCH weaker now? Had a chance on something like 25 rare players from 2 drafts, best was horrible 82 defender. Basically everything discard value.

Comments

• KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro
    Felt really smooth for me too, won every game today
  • Menaceuk
    1499 posts Play-Off Hero
    Observer wrote: »
    Just played 10 games. 7 draft, 3 seasons.

No autoblock and homing defenders, smoother dribling, much more space everywhere.

Through balls on prepatch levels, intelligent runs, just brilliant.

Much less BS scripting as well it seems.

Only downside - weak finishing and superhuman keepers (probably to keep scores down).

Did someone in EA pull the levers again?

Btw - arent draft rewards somehow MUCH weaker now? Had a chance on something like 25 rare players from 2 drafts, best was horrible 82 defender. Basically everything discard value.

The fact that some outside force can have such a dramatic effect on how the game plays needs to be addressed A.S.A.P. The gameplay needs to play consistently. As it is now, it might be crap again in a few hours.
  • adken
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Like Inception says, theres times where you get "good" gameplay, or you get crap gameplay. The fact that a franchise this big, with the kind of revenue it brings in, can be so inconsistent boggles my mind.
  • Observer
    I am wondering what is in these 800Mb patches every year because one thing is certain - it has nothing to do with gameplay.
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yep; felt great. Sad to think next time I get on it will be business as usual :(
  • Kamilflage
    6233 posts Big Money Move
    Im sick of having to completely change how I play every time I turn the game on...today felt really really slow, which I kinda liked since Im a pure possession player. But then I kept hitting post so whats the point if you can't score lol. Wonder how tomorrow will play...
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    they released a secret patch. :|
  • Retro_G
    33023 posts National Team Captain
    No update on console, they're not allowed to change gameplay mechanics, without submitting a patch to Sony/MS that must be certified.
  • maksi
    6650 posts Big Money Move
    They can change gameplay sliders like we can do offline, i'm sure.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    KaterNL wrote: »

But that means that all your opponents lost. They're probably complaining about the usual stuff in some other thread :D
  • Reus To Meet You
    1104 posts Professional
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »

But that means that all your opponents lost. They're probably complaining about the usual stuff in some other thread :D

:D
  • KaterNL
    760 posts Semi-Pro

Lol, I won't be surprised :D

• Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up

Yeap, someone here will probably moan about how the game sucks because they've lost 20 games in a row. Then OP will lose 10 games in a row and say game is bad :D
  • Observer
    Its weird. Looks like someone turn off newbie protection.
  • RUS_PreDaToR
    3300 posts National Call-Up
    edited November 2016
    Tbf I do notice different game speeds from day to day.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16645 posts World Class
    Game speed changes every time I play.
  • Observer
    Well, seems like newbie protection is over again. Magic blocks and interceptions, godlike marking and horrible movement again.

Whats it for you guys?

• sinasipahioglu7
    1944 posts Play-Off Hero
    game has been so smooth for me for the past 2 weeks
  • Rick
    9185 posts League Winner
    Retro_G wrote: »
    No update on console, they're not allowed to change gameplay mechanics, without submitting a patch to Sony/MS that must be certified.
    This isn't true. If they could change game play mechanics without a patch, they're free to do so whenever.

Do I think they do? No. Do I think the game play changes on an every day basis? Heck yes. Yesterday was smooth af for me. Second time since release I experience that kind of game play.
  • Observer
    Rick wrote: »
    Retro_G wrote: »
    This isn't true. If they could change game play mechanics without a patch, they're free to do so whenever.

Do I think they do? No. Do I think the game play changes on an every day basis? Heck yes. Yesterday was smooth af for me. Second time since release I experience that kind of game play.

I honestly think they DO change game mechanics. They do it in every match on regular basis and also in more global sense. I think you can simulate this kind of behaviours easily in game using single play sliders.

Why? I dont know.

But its year long game, have to do something to refresh experience and protect new players.