Extend Weekend League One More Day Permanently & Add Mutual Quit Option

Noojgard
102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited October 2016
Although playing 40 matches is not forced for players, i really enjoy playing Fut Weekend League matches because opponents are though and i can improve my game.However 48 hours for 40 matches is a alot. When you consider some matches can take 120', completing 40 matches roughly takes 18-20 hours.

My suggestions :

1- Extend the weekend league to 72 hours plus adding mondays like this week

2- Add forfeit option without dnf modifier penalty. I dont see any harm on it. It is win&win because time is really important. Sometimes i make 3-0 in 20 minutes and my opponent just waiting on his field, i would rather he would forfeit
Post edited by Noojgard on

Comments

• Noojgard
    Updated
  • Snipguy
    12983 posts Has That Special Something
    Mutual quit would be welcomed yeah, imo
  • WFCBagnall
    70392 posts Moderator
    Kicked for inactivity like clubs would be good.
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    mutual quit would be perfect
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    WFCBagnall wrote: »

I don't understand why this isn't in the game already, since pretty much every other major sports title has similar rules in place.

For example, in 2K or in Madden, if you're intentionally getting excessive fouls/penalties to slow the game down, it will remove you from the game. If you set your controller down for a few minutes, it will remove you from the game. It shouldn't be that hard to program this into FIFA.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner

I don't understand why this isn't in the game already, since pretty much every other major sports title has similar rules in place.

For example, in 2K or in Madden, if you're intentionally getting excessive fouls/penalties to slow the game down, it will remove you from the game. If you set your controller down for a few minutes, it will remove you from the game. It shouldn't be that hard to program this into FIFA.

The only thing with this though is people who just start passing it around the back when they're 3-0 down etc. I don't know why they do it, or what satisfaction they get out of it but I faced 5-6 opponents who all done it this weekend. And EA wouldn't be able to anything either, as technically 'they're still playing football'.
  • Frankenberry
    edwinstree wrote: »

The only thing with this though is people who just start passing it around the back when they're 3-0 down etc. I don't know why they do it, or what satisfaction they get out of it but I faced 5-6 opponents who all done it this weekend. And EA wouldn't be able to anything either, as technically 'they're still playing football'.

I'm not sure they can ever fix that, unless they add a shot clock to the game. 24 seconds without a shot on target and the other team gets the ball back, might actually make for a more enjoyable game.

It would still get rid of the issue of users putting their controllers down and/or attempting to abuse every game flaw to waste time. Passing the ball around for unlimited possession can't really be regulated.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14402 posts Has That Special Something
    Players putting the controller down should be a automatic disconnect.
  • Matti91
    86 posts Park Captain
    Yes please, EA. Too many matches in 2 days only. Impossible to compete and have a chance to do something IRL.
  • BlitzersNL
    24352 posts Club Captain
    edited October 2016

I'm not sure they can ever fix that, unless they add a shot clock to the game. 24 seconds without a shot on target and the other team gets the ball back, might actually make for a more enjoyable game.

It would still get rid of the issue of users putting their controllers down and/or attempting to abuse every game flaw to waste time. Passing the ball around for unlimited possession can't really be regulated.

Wont ever play fifa again if that happens.
  • gia
    3166 posts National Call-Up
    I'd say extend it to friday instead of Monday or at least start Friday 6 pm.
  • Frankenberry
    BlitzersNL wrote: »

Wont ever play fifa again if that happens.

Just throw one of these over every crossbar:

nba-shot-clock.jpg
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14402 posts Has That Special Something
    Players putting the controller down should be a automatic disconnect.
  • Swarch
    3112 posts National Call-Up
    even 12 hours extra is good but i would rather be it friday if i can play friday evening it is all good
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I wouldn't agree to a mutual quit.
    If I am tearing you a new one you sit there and take your beating like a man.
    You choose to quit then you can but I won't be agreeing. Request denied.
  • Dan25
    466 posts Sunday League Hero

:lol:

Not sure if a troll.

You actually get something out of easily beating an inferior opponent? It's boring and pointless as ****.

Either get a life or go and play offline on amateur if you enjoy 'tearing new ones' and giving out 'beatings'

Seriously don't get some mindsets. I'm sat there hoping my opponent quits if its stupidly one sided so I can get into another game.
  • BIG_MAN_RETURNS
    781 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dan25 wrote: »

:lol:

Not sure if a troll.

You actually get something out of easily beating an inferior opponent? It's boring and pointless as ****.

Either get a life or go and play offline on amateur if you enjoy 'tearing new ones' and giving out 'beatings'

Seriously don't get some mindsets. I'm sat there hoping my opponent quits if its stupidly one sided so I can get into another game.

Nah I was joking, but I'm sure that in weekend league goals scored effects your skill points so it would be a disadvantage to agree to end games early.
  • Noojgard
    Skill points are double edged sword. I won 15 matches of out 20 matches then i started to match with fut founder accounts which their squads worth 3-4million coins and completed matches zero shoots
  • EazyEden
    286 posts Sunday League Hero

V smart
  • TriggerMike
    4709 posts National Call-Up
    The time is perfectly fine. If you can't play all 40 games then so be it. If you want good prices, work for them. To many people want good prices given to them imo.
  • Thedudeabides
    2221 posts Fans' Favourite
    An extra day(Monday) would be great, don't get much time over the weekends to play many games. This will be the only week I'll get to play more than 8-10 matches
  • Noojgard
    Updated