Homesick?!

amsemp
12 posts Last Pick at the Park
So I'm half way through my first career mode season with Southend in League One.

Michael Timlin has just told me he wants to leave the club because he's homesick. He can't settle in this country and dislikes the food and weather.

Timlin is Irish, because he played some under-17 and under-21 games when he was younger. He was actually born in Lambeth, London.

But anyway, he got his move in the end - to Grimsby. Who are still very much in England!

Cracking stuff EA.

Comments

• potato_hater
    2516 posts Fans' Favourite
    amsemp wrote: »
    So I'm half way through my first career mode season with Southend in League One.

Michael Timlin has just told me he wants to leave the club because he's homesick. He can't settle in this country and dislikes the food and weather.

Timlin is Irish, because he played some under-17 and under-21 games when he was younger. He was actually born in Lambeth, London.

But anyway, he got his move in the end - to Grimsby. Who are still very much in England!

Cracking stuff EA.

Yeah its been around since fifa 12. Or maybe longer. Basically whatever one of your top players ends up becoming homesick and leaving, regardless of anything else
  • N4p0l3onic
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I had an uruguayan player who was homesick and he ended up on man u :-/ lmao...
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Put them up for a short loan and then recall them as soon as the window ends
  • ThatBoyBobs
    24 posts Last Pick at the Park
    LOL holgerbadstuber, thats brlliant! But yes this is horrible. This has happened ANYTIME I play with Real Madrid or Chelsea on CM . Ronaldo or Hazard wants to leave for some reason. It drives me CRAZY! They're the whole reason I even attempt a CM with those teams. lol . I usually play with a sub par team but occasionally I'll try to just play as a juggernaut and run the table. And when I do, I have the best players wanting to leave.
  • SpokenPuppy
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Yup, despite being in good form for me and playing more games than BACCA (at the time), that loveable Frenchman Niang decided to leave my Milan team durimg my first season, on the grounds of, you guessed it, feeling 'homesick.'

He went to Everton.
  • Yep. Same here. A Czech player in my Plymouth Argyle (in the Premier League) told me he was homesick. Transferred to Exeter in League 2. Can't argue with his logic, he is now 40 miles closer to the Czech Republic.
  • Offer the player a new contract with an increase in his weekly salary ( increase his salary by 50%-60%). You might need to offer couple times but he will eventually accept and stays happy :), in the meantime, play him in every single match.