My first venture into fut champions

Lord Helton
631 posts An Exciting Prospect
Wow, just wow. Even if you out play you're opponent they just crack a random long shot with someone like remy and beat my Leno like it's some bronze keeper. Or even better they play ptb counter the entire game with 3 90+ pace strikers, then score with their 1st shot on target with the substitute 90+ pace striker in the 120th minute.
But it's ok because SBC son with his 90~ finishing can't put a single shot on target, and if by some miracle he decides to put it on target, the opponent has a loan butland...

Rant over.

Comments

• Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up
    Then repeat 39 times. It's draining, no doubt about it.
  • Olleman
    13034 posts Has That Special Something
    :)
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26033 posts Player of the Year
    :|
  • Lord Helton
    Ofthewelsh wrote: »

I'm stopping at 18, can't handle the sweat anymore. Think my team hasn't even reached double digits for goals scored during those games and I think it's conceded 30+, yet the exact same team scored 17 goals and and conceded 4 during qualification. It just makes no sense.
  • S P 4 C E Y
    2436 posts Fans' Favourite

I'm stopping at 18, can't handle the sweat anymore. Think my team hasn't even reached double digits for goals scored during those games and I think it's conceded 30+, yet the exact same team scored 17 goals and and conceded 4 during qualification. It just makes no sense.

Qualification is easier. That much should be apparent.
  • Lord Helton

Well of course, but some of the opponents were better than the sweaty ptb counter **** in the WL itself.

Though that difference in goals scored is more me being dissapointed with how my team has played. No runs, dodgy passes, 5 too many touches in the box, hitting the cross bar from 5 yards out with a B,B shot, I know I'm bad compared to most but even when I deserve to win my team just doesn't finish.
    Won 1 game 1-0 after dominating the entire 90 minutes, the goal didn't come from any of the 14 shots on target though, it came from my opponent making a mistake and tapping Y while facing his goal whilst holding the ball with his GK.
  • Tekkerz
    3345 posts National Call-Up
    Random long shot park the bus opponents seriously must have had at least 10 of those today the key is getting the first goal then the handbrake comes of the bus.
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Yeah, it is hard, but you really got to shake off those losses where you know it was randomness/EAids that beat you.... Because there are so many games to be played you just can NOT carry the dissapointment over into the next game. Even without getting upset at losses, I lost 5 in a row after starting out 10-0 in the WL. All 5 losses were one goal losses where a late cheese goal decided it -usually from a bounce back from a block or tackle. And in all those games but one, I had the much better stats and chances.

But then I won my next 3, so you gotta stay even keel and you will start winning again even if you go on a losing streak.
  • Lord Helton
    Tekkerz wrote: »
    Random long shot park the bus opponents seriously must have had at least 10 of those today the key is getting the first goal then the handbrake comes of the bus.

Only had the 1 but I was struggling to convert chances so changed my tactic to keeping it even till penalties, during ET, made it to the 115th then boom, long shot from remy. Then his butland somehow pulls off a triple save in the 120th to keep it 0-1
  • jamie
    1584 posts Play-Off Hero
    you have leno in goal, that was your first mistake.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    11631 posts Has That Special Something
    It's dreadful. I've played 6 won 3 so far and 2/3 I lost were to really late goals. Win or lose though the games are everything but enjoyable between high pressure, park the bus, only going for cut backs etc
  • Lord Helton
    jamie wrote: »
    you have leno in goal, that was your first mistake.

Packed him and thought I'd give him a go seeing as he was 86 rated lol
  • Ofthewelsh
    3568 posts National Call-Up

I'll be honest, I've found qualifications to be just as difficult, although I've not tried the last couple of weeks. I'm not great, I know that, and I'm very much a casual player.
    I gave the WL a crack 2 weeks back, and exceeded my own expectations by winning 11 of 27. Not great by the standards set by many here, but more than I thought I'd get.
    I really wasn't prepared for how playing that many games in 2 days would take out of me. I couldn't face the last few games, or the idea of playing FIFA at all for a good few days. Fair play to those who complete the full 40 week after week. I take my hat off to you, I just couldn't do it!