The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Did Van Gaal make this game?

Sami
208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Seriously.

Passing is so ridiculously easy now. Anyone can spam them around and do blind passes all day.

The worst is the people who pass backwards all game and think they actually good at the game. Park the bus and pass around the back.

Even if you anticipate the pass, it will go through your players leg or he'd just slow down for some reason.

This for me is the worst FIFA in ages. I know the others all had flaws. But atleast when they were working it was enjoyable to play. Even winning in this is boring. Auto defending with blind passes. I mean how the hell something like contain that was nerfed the last two games is overpowered again.

We have one of the worst community managers of a big videogame also. He just ignores everyone and just retweets anything positive. Great going.

Nobody is asking for a trip to Mars. People just want a balanced football game. It's not hard to ask a billion dollar organisation to deliver that.

First time I been bored of a FIFA before the new year. Usually I'd start to get bored around May time. I predict once COD 4 is out the player count will decrease.

Every year it's one step forward and two steps backward. They destroy a flaw from a previous game and create a new one.

Comments

• Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Last year, it was pretty ridiculous when world class players would struggle to control a simple pass played right at their feet from fifteen feet away.

Right now I'm enjoying all the passive players who will let you have 70% possession and try to catch you on one or two counters a game. Sure beats last year's high-pressure maniacs.
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1185 posts Professional
    You've got it right with the passing problem is assisted settings make it just way too easy if you go one nil up you can just go defensive and just ping pong pass around all game and just sit on a one goal lead.

Auto tackle has been overpowered for years I remember games like fifa 11 and 12 you got punished alot for not timing tackles and for being too aggressive when trying to win the ball back.

Also skill moves back then were really effective and not as slow as they're now, but now all you need to is put the controller down and the Ai does all the work for you majority of the time it's horrible and the game needs a new defending system.

The game is just awful so I wouldn't let it get to you and just play other games
  • Deni323
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    @Libguy totally agree...they can play their PTB + counter all they want and let me have my 70%+ possession...I'll score for sure soner or later...plus I have control of the game.
  • Paciga45
    3830 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Worst FIFA, at least for me
  • Sami
    208 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2016
    Libguy wrote: »
    Last year, it was pretty ridiculous when world class players would struggle to control a simple pass played right at their feet from fifteen feet away.

Right now I'm enjoying all the passive players who will let you have 70% possession and try to catch you on one or two counters a game. Sure beats last year's high-pressure maniacs.

Well this year since we got the ridiculous delay it doesn't matter how good the player is. They going to take ages to pass or shoot.

High pressure was easy to beat.

People seem to think following the philosophy of Louis Van Gaal is the way to play. The game is supposed to be fun.

Fifa 17 in a nutshell

tumblr_n69lo44hlP1qbw072o1_500.gif
  • Syko
    285 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    Fifa 17 was amazing in the beginning when it was released, and then all the noobs started crying about nerfs and patches because the game was too difficult and ofcourse a patch came out and changed the gameplay to this mess it is now. The skill gap is even smaller now but hey! Atleast the whining people can enjoy scoring again which means they will once again pour money into FUT. Which is also a higher priority for EA as it has always been.

The game just needed some little adjustments in the beginning to make the game perfect this year. Ive played FUT since the beginning, even when it started as a seperate champions league game with cards and Fifa 17 blew me away with how realistic the gameplay finally was, too bad that only lasted a month or so... it feels closer to last years installment now. I still enjoy the game but that update broke something A LOT of people enjoyed.
  • Libguy
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Deni323 wrote: »
    @Libguy totally agree...they can play their PTB + counter all they want and let me have my 70%+ possession...I'll score for sure soner or later...plus I have control of the game.

I fear it's only a matter of time before it shifts back to high-pressure idiots. I won a game 3-0 earlier today against probably the best non-legend English 532 team you could make. I think I had 17 shots, 15 on target, and blanked the guy. And I'm a pretty average player. I think if players are good enough to win using that ptb counterattack, they're probably good enough not to need it.
  • mattiparka
    10411 posts Has That Special Something
    100% agree on the passing