The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & PC and includes the changes listed here.

How do i break down park the bus?

rblue
3172 posts National Call-Up
1-0 down after 4 minutes when my goalkeeper parries a cross to a free man to pee roll it into the corner.
11 men behind the ball for the other 85, i cant do anything.
Any tips?

Comments

  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    Pass
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only way I can break it down it to maintain possession football, play the ball around in different directions and hope the direction change/a little shimmy or feint can give me a yard of space to pop a long range shot off. It's a grind but persistence pays off.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Dont try to get in the box work on crossing and tramp passes and long shots
  • rblue
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    joe666 wrote: »
    Pass

    thats my play style, but can never find a free pass once i get past the half way line
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    rblue wrote: »
    joe666 wrote: »
    Pass

    thats my play style, but can never find a free pass once i get past the half way line

    use the protection shield, try to advance the ball. you will be pressured, that's when making the right pass is important.
  • OnlyOneNemesis
    316 posts Sunday League Hero
    What formation do you play?
  • StarFoxx88
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    OP, try setting a back 4 of pacey defenders, +85 RB/LB with chemistry styles(shadow) and +75 (w/shadow as well) and just press the opponent relentlessly with a high line until they break down. At first you will feel really uncomfortable with a high line but eventually you are just going to get used/good at winning the ball in risky situations, plus you force the opponent to make forced errors (like spamming through balls to escape the high pressure). It works wonders with PTB opponents, and even with really good opponents as they don't expect this from the start.

    Not only that, with this method I even started enjoying the game, as I usually end up with more possesion and more shots on target during the game. Of course I lose every other game, but that is to be expected. I run a 4-3-3 (4) w/ custom tactis and instructions ( a most after Div 4). Hope this helps.
  • Orison
    51176 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Get the ball to a fullback, let your winger run and play a pass down the line, then either cross or call a player short (think it´s RB?) and play a 1 2 to create space and go from there.

    If nothing helps, try longshots.
  • rblue
    3172 posts National Call-Up
    StarFoxx88 wrote: »
    OP, try setting a back 4 of pacey defenders, +85 RB/LB with chemistry styles(shadow) and +75 (w/shadow as well) and just press the opponent relentlessly with a high line until they break down. At first you will feel really uncomfortable with a high line but eventually you are just going to get used/good at winning the ball in risky situations, plus you force the opponent to make forced errors (like spamming through balls to escape the high pressure). It works wonders with PTB opponents, and even with really good opponents as they don't expect this from the start.

    Not only that, with this method I even started enjoying the game, as I usually end up with more possesion and more shots on target during the game. Of couse I lose every other game, but that is to be expected. I run a 4-3-3 (4) w/ custom tactis and instructions ( a most after Div 4). Hope this helps.

    thanks for that, what are your tactics?
  • StarFoxx88
    205 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    rblue wrote: »
    StarFoxx88 wrote: »
    OP, try setting a back 4 of pacey defenders, +85 RB/LB with chemistry styles(shadow) and +75 (w/shadow as well) and just press the opponent relentlessly with a high line until they break down. At first you will feel really uncomfortable with a high line but eventually you are just going to get used/good at winning the ball in risky situations, plus you force the opponent to make forced errors (like spamming through balls to escape the high pressure). It works wonders with PTB opponents, and even with really good opponents as they don't expect this from the start.

    Not only that, with this method I even started enjoying the game, as I usually end up with more possesion and more shots on target during the game. Of couse I lose every other game, but that is to be expected. I run a 4-3-3 (4) w/ custom tactis and instructions ( a most after Div 4). Hope this helps.

    thanks for that, what are your tactics?

    I use hecktic_jukes tactics. He uses them with the 4-1-2-1-2, but it just works with the 4-3-3 (4) at least for my playstyle and at the start of the game I set attacking (If trail I set to ultra attack).

    Custom tactics:
    70
    50
    Organized
    70
    20
    60
    Free Form
    60
    50
    40
    Cover

    LB/RB: Stay back while attacking
    CM's: Stay back while attacking w/ H/H workrates or H/H and M/H

    LW/RW: Cut inside, get in behind.

    ST: Depends on your playstyle. I usually set him to Target Man and stay central, but get in behind works with Strikers with M/M or H/H workrates.
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Ill be monitoring this closely

    got knocked out 1-0 in fut champions qualification - He had 1 shot to my 12 + domination :joy:
  • Mr CoCo FlaKkeS
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Orison wrote: »
    Get the ball to a fullback, let your winger run and play a pass down the line, then either cross or call a player short (think it´s RB?) and play a 1 2 to create space and go from there.

    If nothing helps, try longshots.
    Can anyone confirm this?
  • Invincibility
    4556 posts National Call-Up
    Sub in Payet en shoot all day long
  • StewParty
    4069 posts National Call-Up
    Simple
    Fight fire with fire
  • Cartish16
    329 posts Sunday League Hero
    Sub on Andy Carrol and Adruiz...cross for days
  • Andybelfast
    10964 posts Has That Special Something
    Cartish16 wrote: »
    Sub on Andy Carrol and Adruiz...cross for days

    Needs crouch :lol:
Sign In or Register to comment.