FIFA 17 Gameplay & Game Physics Issues Discussion

JIO22
1174 posts Professional
edited December 2016
Hi all, JIO22 here :) .

I wanted to start this thread to see what all of you guys out there are thinking of the overall gameplay so far in FIFA 17 and the game physics, good or bad....

Continued from my thread for 16:

http://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/132363/lag-issues-affecting-gameplay-and-physics-in-game-on-fut-16/p1

As you'll see from my and lots of other views from the above thread and our thoughts on 16, all 89 pages of it. For 17 we had high hopes for, especially with the new Frostbite game engine introduced, has it delivered?

I'll keep this brief, and you will see more of my views as we continue through the season, but. The first 2 weeks for me the game played great, very smooth, good control of my players, much better AI, attacking options much better and more varied, better AI runs etc etc. Sync of movement, players and reactions all seemed good. 90% of my games were very good to play. Lag not noticeable really except the odd game. However, slowly over the last say 2 weeks, things are starting to change.... Noticing some of these horrible things that were evident in 16 are slowly creeping back, along with the juddery games with mis-controlled and out of timed players, reactions etc....

Lets hope this is a blip.

Please all contribute like you all done to last seasons thread, with views, ideas, thoughts etc anything that can help. Please don't mention "certain" words about the game, as I want to keep the thread open, to help us all share ideas and our views to which will hopefully benefit us as the season moves forward.
Post edited by JIO22 on

Comments

• JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Yep, played a few more - not playing at all well. Very much like last year so far. Uncontrollable players.

How can this change all the time :o .
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Game has gone terrible, unable to control players, very delayed juddery and out of sync. Been playing tonight and this is the worst 17 has been for me.

Anyone else getting the same out there?
  • SoundersAllDay
    1492 posts Play-Off Hero
    And people said the patch did nothing negative. Hilarious.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    The game has gone downhill since the patch came out, massive difference I'm seeing.
  • THJ71
    742 posts Semi-Pro
    I isn't a good game and at best crap. It just isn't a smooth gaming experience win or lose

Very badly programmed
  • NornIron
    11458 posts Has That Special Something
    Yeah its bad for me again to. Its the same every year beta and the first couple weeks are great thats the only reason i still buy the game thinking they've fixed it. Ive had a couple of good games on FUT Champions late at night.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    I just can not believe how poor the game has been, today/tonight it's so poor, really poor and incredibly horrible to play. So uncontrollable, with mistimed and everything is out of sync.

A couple of weeks ago it was light years away from this what I'm seeing today.

Why has it changed?

I'd like to know how many people is this affecting, as the people I'm playing are not struggling at all, it seems good for them. My players are facing the wrong way and all sorts, skipping sideways all the time, passing just goes to the opposition players even when there is 2 of my players to pass to.
  • NornIron
    Fut seasons is working better for me tonight must be because everyone is on FUT Champions .
    Thats the first time ive enjoyed seasons for years. The only other thing i done was clear mac address before the match but have done that plenty of times before and it didnt work. Also have been buying most of my players with Hunter cards etc on them didnt really use chem cards before doubt that would make much of a difference to the gameplay though :)
  • Finxjar
    39 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Switched to wireless connection and NAT 3 from cabel connection and NAT 2, it works much better and i have no idea why.
  • boekkie
    962 posts Professional
    I do like it a lot more then fifa16 though. But it could be much better. The kids/moaners will always win. Sad
  • NornIron
    edited October 2016
    Somethings changed online seasons im winning every tackle now every things going my way bounces etc feels weird i ive just started picking up players with Chem cards on them recently but then by tomorrow it could be bad again if it is its something to do with EA servers with FUT champions taking the pressure off them at the weekends.
  • CFCHenri
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    edited October 2016
    Not sure the patch fixed anything cause everything they said they fixed still bloody happens every single time. Literally the worst FIFA (since the change in 10) I've ever played and FIFA 98 RTWC was my first FIFA.

Every single game, 2-3 seconds for a player to react to a button press, it's like bambi-on-ice gameplay, sometimes the game will even ignore the button command, the game decides to do auto-passes. No effin ball control in this game.

Game always want to make a touch before everything, No player reactions to go for lose balls, they just stand there ball watching for a ball they can walk to get, Then there's player turnings, takes 2 years cause of this **** unresponsive gameplay. Defenders are more agile and can twist and turn their bodies for unreachable tackles (auto-defending) than fast-pace trickery players who break ankles on the pitch for a living.

Seriously, this stupid game has lowered the skill gap for noobs with it's high auto-defending, and there's auto-passing where the game just passes by itself. FIFA 16 was bad enough, FIFA 17 is just 5/10. INPUT LAG-LAG-LAG

• JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    After the terrible mess a couple of nights back of what it was playing like, yesterday it picked up and I had some decent games again....

But now its very hit and miss, today it's been very bad at times and a bit better than this, but nowhere near as good as yesterday. Still very changeable all the time, and I don't know why.

A completely different game when it plays poorly - it ruins the game.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    How's it going today out there today chaps?
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Devil's advocate - do any of you play offline and what's your experience compared to online?
  • H......p Has messed this game up big time, they should remove it.
  • Dronegan
    1088 posts Professional
    Game is unplaybe as soon as delay starts to happen. Impossible to win game. When the gameplay is good this game is playable.
    Slight delay though and your player
    - Are iceskating
    - Cant tackle properly
    - Players dont lock in on the ball
    - Cant deal with troughballs, when the game switches you a defender you are stuck for a brief moment
    - Skill moves, forget them

- Passes are hard to make . This part is actually funny. You see your marchisio cant make an easy pass coz of the delay. While opponents Vardy and Oxlade are making those 180 turn trough balls with easy.

Seriously i get cancer every time players with 65 passing making 180 degree passes perfectly to a running striker.
    Like they dont even recieve the ball properly they just send it trough. Makes no sense.
    There is no thinking or skill required at all to pass the ball. Just tap A.
  • CFCHenri
    3411 posts National Call-Up
    Dronegan wrote: »
    Game is unplaybe as soon as delay starts to happen. Impossible to win game. When the gameplay is good this game is playable.
    Slight delay though and your player
    - Are iceskating
    - Cant tackle properly
    - Players dont lock in on the ball
    - Cant deal with troughballs, when the game switches you a defender you are stuck for a brief moment
    - Skill moves, forget them

- Passes are hard to make . This part is actually funny. You see your marchisio cant make an easy pass coz of the delay. While opponents Vardy and Oxlade are making those 180 turn trough balls with easy.

Seriously i get cancer every time players with 65 passing making 180 degree passes perfectly to a running striker.
    Like they dont even recieve the ball properly they just send it trough. Makes no sense.
    There is no thinking or skill required at all to pass the ball. Just tap A.

• NornIron
    Still enjoying it the last match i played had alot of lag but it was definitely both players not that one sided **** the thing is the first 20 mins was great and the other guy had a kilmarnock badge which if he's from there isnt too far away. The fut champions just finished around 12 so im not sure if the lag was something to do with that.
    I keep clearing the mac address before i play fifa now somethings working but i dont know what. :)
  • ozcs_69
    3120 posts National Call-Up
    i did an experiment with 2 different squads to test your theories, and what i found (over 20 online games) is that the handicap is just back, my mega squad against low rated / low chem teams so slagish, non controllable, the defence all over the place, my fitness 10k squad playing the smoothest game-play ever specially if i come up against a team with couple of informs or more.

its a shame for EA to roll a patch to actually destroy the beautiful game they have started ....
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Absolutely horrendous lag/button delay/juddery, stuttering mess tonight. Worst it's been so far on 17, every single game was borderline farcical for both players (spoke to the opposition, they all said exactly the same).
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    I haven't been on today, it doesn't sound to of improved by the looks of it. The first 2 weeks were pretty good, the last couple though it seems to of gone downhill - which Is very disappointing.

I hope 17 turns out to be different....
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Over the last 2 weeks there has been several outages of some description, more this evening. What's going wrong with the servers?

Is this telling us something - our gameplay :/ .
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Picked up last night after it came back on. Also playing much better today (gameplay), been a much better game to play, intrigued to know why. Whats changed...
  • Shanghyde
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    edited November 2016
    I'm new to fifa and I have to say this game is nearly unplayable.
    Stutter lag is terrible online in any situation. I just watch on defense, otherwise the offense sprints right past every time (RT or A > B makes my player look foolish).
    Same story for every opponent too : slashing dribble into the middle > pass > pass > scoop turn > shot
    Also, my defender always orientates himself in strange directions when around the offense.
    Button delay and phantom passes or no response.
    It seems everyone holds A and RB the entire time on defense and that's it besides an occasional tap of B.
    And apparently 45+ and 90+ "scripted" goals are a thing?
    Online and offline are two entirely different games.
    As a new player, this game is poor. Looks nice tho lol
    Does EA have a refund policy?
  • aotfw
    74 posts Park Captain
    Tim1982 wrote: »
    Devil's advocate - do any of you play offline and what's your experience compared to online?

Played a tournament a couple of days ago with some mates. It was the first time that I actually saw that input delay being present also offline - of course, my ps4 was connected to the internet, because we wanted to play with updated squads and players. I'd have loved to try taking it off the net, though, to see whether it makes a difference.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    edited November 2016
    Does EA have a refund policy?

I doubt it very much, not for this reason...

I don't play offline so unable to comment on this.

I'm really interested in it changing (gameplay). I've seen the good side and the bad side over many years, I know this, it changes for sure. I really want to know why and how?
  • Shanghyde
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Have the previous fifa games improved after launch or is this something to expect for the duration?

I was really excited to give it a go through access so I bought out. I'm honestly giving the game a go but it's really frustrating.
  • JIO22
    1174 posts Professional
    Have the previous fifa games improved after launch or is this something to expect for the duration?

At launch they seem to be pretty decent, then as the year progresses it gets worse. This is my experience of it anyway, as much as I really would like it to be the opposite. So yes, expect it for the duration - I hope I'm proved wrong....
  • Kabakuchi
    72 posts Park Captain
    I told this in the previous forum and i will tell it again!!!
    Look when you play....your players react to the opponent...if the opponent stops running your player slow down....you cant run to them cause there is like an invosible shield holding you back...EVERY time there is an opponent around you your player becomes slower....JUST LOOK GOOD AT THAT!!!!!...
    Then you cant turn....when you recieve the ball it takes like 2 sec before you can turn....so if there is an opponent next to you for sure they will take the ball....
    Strange is...i have this since fifa 13 and it never went away...i have like 5 acounts and it is on all of them.....
    Now CHECK THIS.....
    Online always my game play like shiiiit....onve in fifa 16....it started to play really good....i wen in one night from div 8 till div 2.....in ONE night cause the game played good...and then......the same shiiiit....and was back in div 8....
    BUUTTTT WHEN I PLAY against my griend who lives in holland like me....the game plays PERFECTLY........after i win of him like 7 times in a row the game becomes shiiiit for like 3 games and then it is back to a good gameplay again!!!!!
    I think there some thing who give a certain player some advances ...and that thing does that is broken....cause impossible EVERY FOCKING game i play my players arr so FOCKING SLOW.....