Drop-Ins are holding Pro Clubs back, a lot!

MaximSVK
70 posts Park Captain
Drop-Ins are the worst "game mode" in FIFA. No doubt. Nothing else can compare to that garbage. Which is why it is such a huge shame that this thing is the actual entry gate for new players. This is at least half the reason why Pro Clubs are not popular.

On the other hand I can understand the dilemma for the developers because if they do erase Drop-Ins from the game, then new players would simply not want to bother looking for a club. It needs some overhaul and work to do. How can the mode make new players actually play the mode without much of a fuss and have fun while doing it? I am not gonna pretend like I know the answer but I also don't want this current status quo to remain untouched. As long as Drop-Ins are like this, then there is no chance of Pro Clubs to grow.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Mejok
    251 posts Sunday League Hero
    I agree that drop ins are a nightmare, but there are people like me who want to play pro clubs but can't seem to find a club and that is our only option.

The one argument I will make in favor or drop ins is that it gives you a way to level up your pro if like me you can't find a club or you're in a club and want to play but none of your teammates are online.
  • CocoKof
    398 posts Sunday League Hero
    Pro Rank can be a hit or miss, but most of the times a miss! It was really fun back in the '10 and even '11 after that it declined terribly. EA needs to create a HUB like the FIFA community for but in-game. Sort of like Lobby but with a chance to try a game with your Club and not --go to lobby-- recruit--go to club--accept inv--get in DR---search for match..."
  • They can also just allow you to play with your club by yourself instead of it needing to be 2 or more players
  • FletchR32
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is anybody on now that wants to do a pro clubs season match?
  • FletchR32
    289 posts Sunday League Hero
    FletchR32 wrote: »
    Is anybody on now that wants to do a pro clubs season match?

PS4 btw
  • I SiR MartY I
    7876 posts League Winner
    If you're new to the mode and you start without friends and have to play Drop In, you're not going to stay long. Its why Clubs hasn't got many numbers..all the morons playing for glory put people off.
  • MaximSVK
    70 posts Park Captain
    Mejok wrote: »
    I agree that drop ins are a nightmare, but there are people like me who want to play pro clubs but can't seem to find a club and that is our only option.

The one argument I will make in favor or drop ins is that it gives you a way to level up your pro if like me you can't find a club or you're in a club and want to play but none of your teammates are online.

Indeed, this is the dilemma. Perhaps the solution then is to simply provide better ways for people to search and find a club if they want to play as soon as possible or alternatively for club managers to find players.

1st Scenario - Free Agent looking for a club
    - first time when you open Pro Clubs and you're pro is created you are automatically put into a list of Free Agents
    - the list of Free Agents will show a) you're stats b) information you fill out (preferred position/s and additional stuff)
    - currently online club managers will have access into the list and from there they can send transfer requests accordingly, there will be filtering options available to customise search criteria
    - as a Free Agent, if you have not played clubs in the current FIFA yet, then the system will automatically list your stats from previous FIFA where you played clubs (i.e. the Legacy stats), if you have never played clubs and it's you're very first time then you will have an option to choose which stats from other FIFA mode the list will show (FUT or 1v1Seasons)

2nd Scenario - Club Manager looking for players
    - there will be various ways for managers to look for players a) from list of Free Agents b) from Search Clubs list (the usual) c) from Pro Leaderboards (the usual)
    - when opening the Free Agents list, it will automatically put some Free Agents on top of the list depending on these default parameters (which can be changed) -> online status and nationality
    - there will be advanced filtering options available for managers to personalise the search how they want it
    - when managers pick some targets, they will have the option to either immediately send a transfer request, or alternatively place the Free Agent in they're own transfer targets list
    - players in transfer target list will be in the list even if they are no longer Free Agents, giving managers the tool to track players
    - when sending transfer request to Free Agents or Club Players, there will be an info box available for managers to input a message (for example "come play for us, we are better club :PPP" whatever)

From Free Agent's perspective I think this system, while it may not give immediate play time, it still offers better pro club experience. Serious players will now have the tools they need to build the club they want, and those who want to fool around can still look for they're peers as well. The question is, how difficult is it for EA to develop something like this?
  • chancy319
    113 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    MaximSVK wrote: »
    Mejok wrote: »

Indeed, this is the dilemma. Perhaps the solution then is to simply provide better ways for people to search and find a club if they want to play as soon as possible or alternatively for club managers to find players.

1st Scenario - Free Agent looking for a club
    - first time when you open Pro Clubs and you're pro is created you are automatically put into a list of Free Agents
    - the list of Free Agents will show a) you're stats b) information you fill out (preferred position/s and additional stuff)
    - currently online club managers will have access into the list and from there they can send transfer requests accordingly, there will be filtering options available to customise search criteria
    - as a Free Agent, if you have not played clubs in the current FIFA yet, then the system will automatically list your stats from previous FIFA where you played clubs (i.e. the Legacy stats), if you have never played clubs and it's you're very first time then you will have an option to choose which stats from other FIFA mode the list will show (FUT or 1v1Seasons)

2nd Scenario - Club Manager looking for players
    - there will be various ways for managers to look for players a) from list of Free Agents b) from Search Clubs list (the usual) c) from Pro Leaderboards (the usual)
    - when opening the Free Agents list, it will automatically put some Free Agents on top of the list depending on these default parameters (which can be changed) -> online status and nationality
    - there will be advanced filtering options available for managers to personalise the search how they want it
    - when managers pick some targets, they will have the option to either immediately send a transfer request, or alternatively place the Free Agent in they're own transfer targets list
    - players in transfer target list will be in the list even if they are no longer Free Agents, giving managers the tool to track players
    - when sending transfer request to Free Agents or Club Players, there will be an info box available for managers to input a message (for example "come play for us, we are better club :PPP" whatever)

From Free Agent's perspective I think this system, while it may not give immediate play time, it still offers better pro club experience. Serious players will now have the tools they need to build the club they want, and those who want to fool around can still look for they're peers as well. The question is, how difficult is it for EA to develop something like this?

Great ideas.

It's not difficult to develop. EA is just too lazy to implement it.