4231 With CAMs

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
I've been using the 4231 formation for the past couple of days and I'm enjoying it in a way.. My results have improved, I'm conceding less goals and I'm absolutely dominating possession in most matches..

But, despite me dominating possession, I'm finding it hard to comfortably finish games off... I'm usually hanging on by just one goal lead or drawing and struggle to create many good scoring chances...

Anybody else using this formation and have any advice on player instructions or custom tactics?

Comments

• indcolts18288
    4536 posts National Call-Up
    Hey man don't know if this will help you but it's a great read anyway even if you already know what you're reading it kind of help set up your own CT's in any formation that best suit you.
    https://m.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/3u85gs/a_indepth_guide_to_custom_tactics/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
  • Springveldt
    4831 posts National Call-Up
    I've been using the 4231 formation for the past couple of days and I'm enjoying it in a way.. My results have improved, I'm conceding less goals and I'm absolutely dominating possession in most matches..

But, despite me dominating possession, I'm finding it hard to comfortably finish games off... I'm usually hanging on by just one goal lead or drawing and struggle to create many good scoring chances...

Anybody else using this formation and have any advice on player instructions or custom tactics?
    I went back to 4231(2) last night and found my performances improved.

I don't know if you have the same problem as me with your formation, I used to find that the ST would always want to drop deep. Last night I told my CAM to stay forward and now the ST doesn't drop back, it makes the formation great for me.
  • Baznotsobad76

I went back to 4231(2) last night and found my performances improved.

I don't know if you have the same problem as me with your formation, I used to find that the ST would always want to drop deep. Last night I told my CAM to stay forward and now the ST doesn't drop back, it makes the formation great for me.

Yeah I absolutely find my ST dropping deep... Sometimes he's in more of a CDM position while I'm passing around the edge of my opponents area!...... I'll give that a try, cheers...
  • Baznotsobad76
    Right, I've now drawn 3 matches in a row, all 0-0... Still dominating possession and enjoying it.. Also enjoying the clean sheets.. . But I need goals!
  • CovLee_Candice
    4495 posts National Call-Up
    Right, I've now drawn 3 matches in a row, all 0-0... Still dominating possession and enjoying it.. Also enjoying the clean sheets.. . But I need goals!

Take more risk and starting to do more shot even if it doesn't go in

I hate posession based game because in this game we only have 15 minutes to score

Spam shot and goal will come